• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ham Radio: Who is going to the Marlborough flea Saturday?

Are you going to the Marlborough hamfest?

• Total voters
I screwed up and made plans for Saturday, based on the chatter on Boston and Waltham it seems like this will be hopping. Talk of 900 and P25 as well if you are looking to branch out and learn. Have fun!

I wish I could, but I'll be at school. I'm planning on attending the MTARA hamfest in Agawam on March 6th, though.

I will be out of town...planned for sometime now. So, I won't be around...to bad it's not a two day affair...I'd go on Sunday.

Let me know how it is...and if anyone finds a TNC for cheap money...let me know. I'm going to have a free 2m that I can dedicate to packet.

I will be out of town...planned for sometime now. So, I won't be around...to bad it's not a two day affair...I'd go on Sunday.

Let me know how it is...and if anyone finds a TNC for cheap money...let me know. I'm going to have a free 2m that I can dedicate to packet.

Did you say somethin about needing a specific SWR meter?

Am thinking about being there at 9 to take my Extra exam.... Was planning on taking it in Cambridge next Wed but this might be easier to get to (parking etc) and it might be cool to check out the stuff at the flea....

Great....next question....WHEN are you guys planning on going? I think I will try for the morning.

Do you think that you could keep an eye out for a TNC for me?? I don't know what a good price for one used would be...but I trust your judgement... But let me know what you're thinking now so I can decide if I want to do it now or not... I'm trying to decide if I want to do packet...or should I shoot for echolink...and find me an old crappy PC??

J just want to remind everyone that this IS a FLEA market. There will be a lot of JUNK there. There are also some less than scrupulous dealers that either sell things that don't work or charge ridiculous prices. USE YOUR HEAD! When I buy things at a flea market I always assume there is something wrong with what I'm buying and pay accordingly, if I get home and it works great then I got a great deal, if not, I'm only out what I expected to be out.

Am thinking about being there at 9 to take my Extra exam.... Was planning on taking it in Cambridge next Wed but this might be easier to get to (parking etc) and it might be cool to check out the stuff at the flea....

I may do the same. I'm just about ready:)

I have volunteered for a programming shift at the GEMOTO table, so you will find me there at some point. I will also be listening to 147.57 131.8

Also, I would like to recommend when someone is looking for something, leave contact information so two (or more lol) people don't buy this item and then someone (the requester) isn't stuck buying all of them.

I will also have my name tag prominently displayed on some surface of my clothing.

Hey guys...I will be monitoring 147.47 simplex while at the flea. Give me a call on that freq if you want to meet up (even if others are using that freq). I will be there in the morning. Not sure how long I will stay. Probably a while.

/John

Hey guys...I will be monitoring 147.47 simplex while at the flea. Give me a call on that freq if you want to meet up (even if others are using that freq). I will be there in the morning. Not sure how long I will stay. Probably a while.

/John

I'll be there early, I have a table :) I'll call you on simplex 147.47, 73 for now!

Back
Top Bottom