Hampden Maine 600 yard range

As you may have noticed, there have been no high power matches scheduled for the Hampden Rifle & Pistol Club in central Maine for 2013 (yet).
We need to do some range maintenance, so no matches were scheduled (yet). That maintenance is being done as we speak, and we should be up and running with a full match schedule starting in June. We're in the process of rebuilding the pit wall, raising and sloping the impact berm, and rebuilding the 600 yard firing line.
This news should make Jeff Hirtle happy, as Hampden must be (should be) one of his favorite ranges. He always manages to come up here and kick our butts, and we are happy to have him do it!
Watch for the schedule which will be coming out soon. If you haven't shot on our "little range in the woods", come on up and give it a try!
Thanks
Dave Dow

I do love shooting 600 up in your neck of the woods dave. lighting always seems to be damned near perfect, and the grass berm makes it soft/relaxing on the eyes, with a nice contrast on the target boards.

i'll be up again this year. me and jason had fun last time around

Just got notified that the range work is almost done. Was told that they just need to do some final clean up work andf that they should be back up and running for a June Match

me and jason had fun last time around

Yeah we did. Great range, great people. Damn good breakfast joint nearby too as I recall. Can't wait to get up there again.

I'm not quite getting the joke?

Because it is NOT a joke. The NRA supported Regan signing the 86 MG ban! Thus the NRA is against MG's and many of us stamp collectors ( collectors of NFA items MG's, SBS, SBR, AOW and DD ) no longer support the NRA as they threw us under the bus!

- - - Updated - - -

Must not be a Mainer then...

Because it is NOT a joke. The NRA supported Regan signing the 86 MG ban! Thus the NRA is against MG's and many of us stamp collectors ( collectors of NFA items MG's, SBS, SBR, AOW and DD ) no longer support the NRA as they threw us under the bus!

- - - Updated - - -

Must not be a Mainer then...

The NRA bashing thread is over there. ----->

Are any of the 1986 NRA board of directors even alive today? Get over it.

The NRA bashing thread is over there. ----->

Stating a FACT is not bashing. They did it this is factual and not disputable. "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana

- - - Updated - - -

Are any of the 1986 NRA board of directors even alive today? Get over it.

When my daughter or grand kids can buy or make a new MG I will think about it.

Stating a FACT is not bashing. They did it this is factual and not disputable. "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana

There are more appropriate threads in which to discuss the past mis-steps of the NRA and Reagan administration. In other words, stop trolling.

There are more appropriate threads in which to discuss the past mis-steps of the NRA and Reagan administration. In other words, stop trolling.

Not trolling! Simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the range in question. In fact my post had far less to do with the NRA then the range itself. You think it is ok that is great and you're choice to make. I feel otherwise and have paid the price for what they ( the NRA ) has done and do not support them. A range that requires one to join a group ( NRA or any other) when they do NOT support said group to be a member is kind of liberal in it's logic. Freedom of choice is the American way and we all can make the choices we see fit based on the information we have. I along with many of my fellow NFA collectors do not join ranges with such demands and ones who do not allow them used. Some do and again that is their right. But accusing me of trolling for pointing out factual information that is both truthful and accurate is wrong and uncalled for..

Come up a bit on the airline and we have areas with more then a mile open..

Hell, I am a flatlander and I know what "the airline" is. The club with a 600 yard range sounds interesting. The more than a mile sounds good too. I used to camp in Maine in the 80s at Lucky Pond behind Moosehead and Side Pistol Pond in the Indian Territories. Unfortunately the sentiment at the time was "Welcome to Maine, now go home". If you guys wouldn't mind a visitor from the PRM, maybe I can bring the rifles up in the camper this summer. (As long as I promise not to stay too long.)
White Feather

Any update?

If I'm not mistaken they have the ME state high power championship this Saturday and a leg match on Sunday. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it up this year. Definitely next year though.

If I'm not mistaken they have the ME state high power championship this Saturday and a leg match on Sunday. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it up this year. Definitely next year though.
This is correct.

Back
Top Bottom