• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hampshire College Students Burn Campus Flag on Night Before Vets Day

Biff Quizler

NES Member
Because the anonymous, spineless pathetic pukes were apparently upset by the election..... College administrators seem to want "to discuss" what happened -

Sad part is that the kid(s) probably didn't even realize it was Veteran's Day!

Holy Crap.... scary that these 20 year old liberals shall sometime "inherit the earth".... or at least be competitors in the underwater basketweaving olympics with their degrees......

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/hampshire_students_upset_with.html#incart_river_index

Ending on a positive note....
Happy Veteran's Day to all that served (and their families because they often deal with the most difficult aspects of military lives)

Last edited:
The note about counselors being made available for students traumatized by the election results is really the pathetic part. It kind of reads like an Onion article.

Ah...I'm trying not to let this shit get to me too much...I just figure that karma is a mofo. They'll get their just rewards eventually. That said, seeing people burn the flag that I love so much is one of the most infuriating things to me. Personally I think that people that do that should....well, I won't say. I'm pretty sure when the writers of the constitution penned the 1st amendment, the fact that that amendment could be used as protection to burn the very symbol of the infant US was never in their minds...in fact they probably would've been hanged for treason.

Last edited:
Boy, that first amendment's a real PITA, huh?

I think it's silly and ignorant to burn a US flag just because you don't like an election result, but that's why I don't do so. Others think it's fine; the law protects it, so why get butt hurt about it?

And yes, I served. That oath said I should preserve the Constitution, 1a included. Their poor judgement has nothing at all to do with me; I don't need the ulcer.

Anyone at ZooMass in the late '70s might remember the Gov. Ed King assassination club, that would announce their target practice times in the student center (satire of course) - and he was a democrat! Kids will be kids - at least they won't get in trouble for smoking pot anymore.

"Let me give you my opinion while mommy and daddy pay my tuition... And, When I'm done playing pool, I will tell you how I really feel about the world while my fellow American soldiers are fighting for this pathetic country on Veterans day"...

Someone needs a punch in the face!!!!

I think it's silly and ignorant to burn a US flag just because you don't like an election result, but that's why I don't do so. Others think it's fine; the law protects it, so why get butt hurt about it?

And yes, I served. That oath said I should preserve the Constitution, 1a included. Their poor judgement has nothing at all to do with me; I don't need the ulcer.

How well do you think the 1A would work if you rolled up to this protest and started burning a rainbow flag?

Start filing the acts as a Hate Crimes. Snowflakes and Felonies don't mix. Mommy and Daddy Snowflake will be much less supportive of Susie Snowflake

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The first protects the right to burn your own flag not someone else. Once you burn things that aren't yours it is a crime.

Hampshire College is in Amherst, the heart of moonbat valley. They wake up every day looking for ways to be offended and to virtue signal.

Ah...I'm trying not to let this shit get to me too much...I just figure that karma is a mofo. They'll get their just rewards eventually. That said, seeing people burn the flag that I love so much is one of the most infuriating things to me. Personally I think that people that do that should....well, I won't say. I'm pretty sure when the writers of the constitution penned the 1st amendment, the fact that that amendment could be used as protection to burn the very symbol of the infant US was never in their minds...in fact they probably would've been hanged for treason.

Well if it's not your flag it's not first amendment it's vandalism. Also it's ironic that these liberals are using the first amendment to express themselves, but want restrictions on that fundamental right so as not to hurt the feelings of the LGBT community.

Hampshire College is in Amherst, the heart of moonbat valley. They wake up every day looking for ways to be offended and to virtue signal.
The average Hampshire student is the most special of snowflakes, spoiled from the day of his birth, and coddled by the college in the manner which he/she is accustomed. The spokesman for the college press office was on the local news last night making excuses and saying the flag was offensive and a symbol of oppression to some of the students. Tuition is around $40K a year.

The Board of Trustees allowed the flag to be flown at half mast for more than a day.

I know what you're thinking: "Hampshire College is still a thing?"

As long as their are rich white liberals, there will be a Hampshire College. Producing SJW's, Pass-Fail.

Y'know, I can only imagine the 306 people who will be called upon in a few weeks to elect Donald Trump are seeing this, and the rioting, etc., and, when presented with that petition that they be faithless, will respond, "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?"

Not a good way to make a point, kiddies.

I saw one students response "it's just cotton". Amherst has shown plenty of disrespect for the flag in the past this doesn't surprise me and they won't punish little Johnny because things didn't go his way.

Maybe Hampshire College earns a year suspension from the Five College Consortium (UMass, Smith,Amherst, Mount Holyoke), i.e., no cross registration and course credit.
https://www.fivecolleges.edu/consortium

Never saw a need for a Five College Consortium complete with building and staff, but a member suspension could partially justify their existence in my mind.

The first protects the right to burn your own flag not someone else. Once you burn things that aren't yours it is a crime.

Meh, Eff em. They have the right to do it to their own stuff, just not to someone else's. Once they do it to someone else's, lock em up.

Liberal millenials....THE WORST LOSERS EVER.

These are good points, but let's be honest: NESers who are pissed about this are pissed not because the flag didn't belong to them, but because it's The Flag.

Most college kids are in fact liberals but conservatives/libertarians in waiting. Once they recover from all the brainwashing, they'll vote accordingly and have a new found respect for the men and women in uniform. Typically happens once they enter the real world. Takes a few years of rent/mortgage payments but then the reality should set in.

At least, that's how it usually works.

I agree with your comments a lot actually. But I think you need to realize in this stupid counter culture the left is trying to enact. most people who do feel it's wrong can't say so out of total fear of being demonized by the left. So people need a place where it's okay to say these punks are unappreciative dbags who have no clue the sacrifices men and women such as yourself put into their rights of burning that flag.

Last edited:
Most college kids are in fact liberals but conservatives/libertarians in waiting. Once they recover from all the brainwashing, they'll vote accordingly and have a new found respect for the men and women in uniform. Typically happens once they enter the real world. Takes a few years of rent/mortgage payments but then the reality should set in.

At least, that's how it usually works.

It has been happening less and less though the disease hangs on longer when they live with mommy and daddy until they are 35 and never work a job better than starbucks.

I attended "Camp Hamp" (Hampshire College) for one year... What a waste of $50k (I'm not sure what tuition is now... probably closer to $100k/year). During my time there, I had most of my valuables stolen from my locked dorm room and had my vehicle vandalized. I saw tuition increase by 20% in a year as the student body voted to "divest in Israel", "divest in fossil fuels" and "divest in war" by selling all of the colleges very sound investments in companies like GE and Shell. I saw the very last male/female bathrooms removed from campus as a "sign of hate" (they were in the visitors center). I dropped a class with all female students and a female professor who told me "men are stupid and cannot retain knowledge" when my grades hit rock bottom, despite my work surpassing that of my peers.

What I learned in my time there was those who talk most about open-mindedness tend to be the most close-minded. Those who talk the most about peace tend to be the most prone to not just violence, but violent outbursts. Those who talk the most about free speech are those most likely to try to silence you. If you don't agree with liberals, they will assign ALL sorts of motives to very innocent and uncomplicated opinions and perspectives in an attempt to invalidate you and your thoughts, and attack you personally.

That was 10+ years ago; I never imagined that the country would trend towards being more like Hampshire College. This election was a pushback on the type of things they teach and breed at the school - not "diversity" or "equality", but fascism and intellectual uniformity. Hampshire is truly a scary place (as in, you will fear for the safety of yourself and your possessions) full of lawlessness, anger, violence and general disregard for the law and the citizenry. Stay away; these people are thin-skinned and unbalanced.

Flag burning may be protected free speech, but in this case, the flag was not the property of the individual who burned it. It's not speech, it's vandalism and destruction of property, plain and simple. The perpetrator should be suspended or expelled, and charges should be pressed.

Last edited:
Whereas I don't want to see a law against flag burning, doing so is really stupid. The people who do this (or kneel during the national anthem or sit during the pledge of allegiance) are trying to protest an action of one part of government but they don't understand the significance of their expression.

The flag, the national anthem, the pledge of allegiance, amongst other things are symbols of the sum total of America. It is not just the military, or the police, or the government. These symbols represent them, but they also represent everything else. America's land, culture, history, laws, spirit, her good, her bad, her protection, its people... everything! So when protesters desecrate these symbols they are saying they are against all aspects of America. Is this what they mean? I don't think so, but they are too stupid to realize that is the message they are sending.

If their intention is truly against America, then my message to them is "get out". I would rather see an immigrant from Mexico or Syria take their place. There are tons of immigrants that know this country is wonderful despite her faults. She is the best country in the world. Immigrants come here with the intent to work hard and they want a better life. I know many, and I am one myself (came here from Italy when I was 2). Never took a government handout in my life.

All Americans need to love this country. We need to care and love her. The election is over. Americans have voted. Move on people.

How soon until they are flying the Communist flag, anyone watching the DNC this year knows there was not a single American Flag until someone noticed and they then got them, but there were plenty outside burning while they waved Mexican and Communist flags.

Back
Top Bottom