Hand Sanitizer

Viper22

NES Member
I’ve found a source for hand sanitizer. Ordered some tonight. They have 4 or 8 ounce bottles, individual/half case/full case, or bulk by the gallon or 5 gallon.

Not associated in any way with the source, just sharing what I found in-stock.

Go to classicshaving.com and type hand sanitizer in the search bar.

14 bucks for a 4.5 oz bottle,am I reading that right? If so talk about price gouging .

They have a very in-depth write up on their costs, etc. Currently there is a $27 (iirc) per gallon tax on undiluted spirits, so purchasing the ethanol to make the sanitizer isn’t cheap to begin with. Then add in the demand for bottles and other materials. Labor, etc.

They’re actually selling at cost right now.

Last edited:
Thank you!

ETA; I had ordered a case of 12 bottles (300ml ea) over 2 months ago, because the website said it was in stock, I’m still waiting, so this sites at least being upfront about their price and why and when it will arrive. That’s appreciated for what’s its worth right now to share with my family.

Last edited:
Dirty Water distillery in Plymouth is giving away hand sanitizer for free. They'll find a 2-3 once bottle no questions. They'll fill a gallon for healthcare workers.

distilledspirits.org has a state by state listing of all distilleries producing hand sanitizer. The ones I’ve contacted in western MA are all currently producing for hospitals. There’s another place in Everett selling at a 2 bottle limit.

Last edited:
That is incorrect. Minimum alcohol needed to be effective is 60%. Most Vodka is 80 proof/40% alcohol. Dilute it with water as you suggest and all you have is diluted vodka, not hand sanitizer.
Yikes, well done sir and I will delete my post. If you have 200 proof minus denaturing additives, then water GTG. Thanks again....

That is incorrect. Minimum alcohol needed to be effective is 60%. Most Vodka is 80 proof/40% alcohol. Dilute it with water as you suggest and all you have is diluted vodka, not hand sanitizer.

Ethanol at 60% or greater. Isopropyl at 70% or greater. Looks like my barrel proof Elijah Craig just might work. Sanitize from the inside out!

Yikes, well done sir and I will delete my post. If you have 200 proof minus denaturing additives, then water GTG. Thanks again....

No worries. Check with your local distilleries as most are making hand sanitizer and giving it away for free. Bring your own bottle, 8 ouncesor less and they will fill it up. I oblige them by buying a bottle of their product as they wouldn’t take a donation.

Cheers.

I’ve found a source for hand sanitizer. Ordered some tonight. They have 4 or 8 ounce bottles, individual/half case/full case, or bulk by the gallon or 5 gallon.

Not associated in any way with the source, just sharing what I found in-stock.

Go to classicshaving.com and type hand sanitizer in the search bar.

Thank you! I ordered a gallon (works out to be much cheaper per oz than the little bottles). I'm grateful to find it in stock for my family and especially for my parents, who both have cancer and can definitely use it.

When things settle down financially I'll probably buy my next razor from them.

Thank you! I ordered a gallon (works out to be much cheaper per oz than the little bottles). I'm grateful to find it in stock for my family and especially for my parents, who both have cancer and can definitely use it.

When things settle down financially I'll probably buy my next razor from them.

I did the math before buying too. Price per ounce for the gallon was best.

I’ll have to poke around their website a bit. I could use some new shave soaps and safety (DE) blades.

When people start talking about “needing” toilet paper... i know things arent that serious

Waste of money, keep a jug of clean water and a bar of soap handy, works just as well.
My parents tried that for a bit during their frequent hospital visits for my mother's cancer treatment. Unfortunately, hospital administration got pissed at them for constantly dumping soapy water from a gallon jug onto the floor.

My parents tried that for a bit during their frequent hospital visits for my mother's cancer treatment. Unfortunately, hospital administration got pissed at them for constantly dumping soapy water from a gallon jug onto the floor.
In all seriousness, no way I'd be near a hospital right now that is receiving corona patients if I was immune compromised from chemo or radiation. Cancer sucks but it's a slower killer than this virus right now. Holyoke hospital, baystate, and mercy are all getting slammed right now, icu's almost full and morgues almost full too.

I know it, but some things are unfortunately unavoidable. She had complications from surgery and needed to be admitted. They're being as cautious as possible, but she needed to be treated in person. She was just discharged, so hopefully she can stay clear for at least a few weeks and do all her appointments by phone/internet.

In all seriousness, no way I'd be near a hospital right now that is receiving corona patients if I was immune compromised from chemo or radiation. Cancer sucks but it's a slower killer than this virus right now. Holyoke hospital, baystate, and mercy are all getting slammed right now, icu's almost full and morgues almost full too.

Makes sense, but a lot of us have kids and elderly parents and both are like herding cats to try and get them to take proper precautions such as constantly washing hands right now, being able to give them some small sanitizer bottles at least keeps them somewhat thinking and actually using it throughout their day.

Not to make it political, but I’m watching snowflake storm the stores for things that I don’t know why they don’t already have..

I could go for years and I’ll be just fine

Waste of money, keep a jug of clean water and a bar of soap handy, works just as well.

That's what I've been using along with antibacterial hand soap.
Unfortunately, neither is something you can easily carry along with you
like you can with a small pocket sized bottle of hand sanitizer.

Back
Top Bottom