Hand Sanitizer

I got Classic Shaving order too. Smell is terrible, and the stuff is so thick, you really need to wash your hands afterwards with a good detergent. I don't know if I even want to use this crap. What a waste of money! I got a whole gallon :(
I got the gallon too, no way I'm going to use it. Sent them another email, not that they will respond, they haven't so far. I just finished contesting the charge with my credit company, we'll see if they reply to that.

If anyone else contests the charge let me know. If they try to say it's not their problem there is strength in numbers.

Good idea, let's try it.
What did you write to Classic Shaving, and what justification did you use for Credit Card?
I've got a string of emails including one on the 17th where I told them if I didn't hear from them I wanted to cancel the order. This was before they shipped. todays email
Please reference my previous email over the past many weeks, including my order cancelation.

Today I opened the product. The foil seal was NOT intact. There is an odor coming from it that I can only describe as rancid dead animal. I tried a small amount on my hand, in the hope the odor would dissipate as it dried, that was this morning. I’ve have been scrubbing my hands all day trying to get rid of the odor. I have only just been able to reduce it to a tolerable by washing my hands in bleach.

I will not be paying for this obviously defective, possibly toxic product.

Since you have not responded to any of my previous emails, and your phone number only says to use email, I do not expect to hear from you. Thus I will take immediate action.
Followed by my contact info.

I told the crdit company I canceled the order on the 17th, but they shipped anyway. And the product is clearly defective, unusable because of the odor.

An internet search will show I'm not the only one, so IF they fight it will not be just my word.

I've got a string of emails including one on the 17th where I told them if I didn't hear from them I wanted to cancel the order. This was before they shipped. todays email

I told the crdit company I canceled the order on the 17th, but they shipped anyway. And the product is clearly defective, unusable because of the odor.

An internet search will show I'm not the only one, so IF they fight it will not be just my word.
If you have a decent credit card company it shouldn't be an issue. If my credit card company didn't have my back, I would ditch them immediately.

If you have a decent credit card company it shouldn't be an issue. If my credit card company didn't have my back, I would ditch them immediately.
They seem pretty good, of course everything except my rent goes through them, so they do seem to like me. And I like the cash back I get. They've already credited me for the charge and will pull it back from Classic Shave. It's all on the seller now to disput my claim, if they don't respond it's all automatic.

They seem pretty good, of course everything except my rent goes through them, so they do seem to like me. And I like the cash back I get. They've already credited me for the charge and will pull it back from Classic Shave. It's all on the seller now to disput my claim, if they don't respond it's all automatic.
That's the way it should be.

Sam's Club Hudson NH on Monday had concentrated sanitizer/disinfectant for $5.99/gal. 6-packs of spray bottles for $6.98 are usually right above these chemicals in the cleaning supplies aisle (left side, all the way to the end). This would be multiple lifetimes worth of cleaner for most of us.

Attachments

• 2020-05-04 14.23.17.jpg
    2020-05-04 14.23.17.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2020-05-04 14.22.58.jpg
    2020-05-04 14.22.58.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 2020-05-04 14.22.40.jpg
    2020-05-04 14.22.40.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 6
I got Classic Shaving order too. Smell is terrible, and the stuff is so thick, you really need to wash your hands afterwards with a good detergent. I don't know if I even want to use this crap. What a waste of money! I got a whole gallon :(

I got 2 8oz (or 4oz, I forget) bottles. I figured the supply chain would be fine before I ran through them.

I ordered some backordered stuff on Amazon for a normal price. I should be out here at home by about then. I'll keep searching locally in the meantime.

I got 2 8oz (or 4oz, I forget) bottles. I figured the supply chain would be fine before I ran through them.

I ordered some backordered stuff on Amazon for a normal price. I should be out here at home by about then. I'll keep searching locally in the meantime.
I thought I had a 3/4 full large bottle at home, so I picked up an 8oz bottle for my car with the same thought as you about supply chain. Bottle at home was old, so no good. I have 2-3oz left in the car. Should be just enough to get me through to the Amazon order of 4 large bottles next Sunday.

I disputed the charge with my CC company too.

Just got notified by Amazon. That mid-to-late June timeline: Probably May 29. I'm decently set for sanitizer now. Paper towels would be nice.

Fyi froggys smelly sanitizer update. 48 hr soak with copper tubing has improved the smell from a decaying swamp to a really strong rubbing alcohol smell so I'd say it worked. Its definitely made it usable. I'll give it another 24 hrs.

Just got notified by Amazon. That mid-to-late June timeline: Probably May 29. I'm decently set for sanitizer now. Paper towels would be nice.
MB in Nashua (101A) just off rt3, plenty of paper towels. The MB brand but been there for weeks. They may be limiting quantities.

I got my delivery from Chemical Guys today. I opened up one bottle and it was pretty neutral smelling. I'll check in a couple of days to see if it changes.

My order from Chemical Guys arrived today.

I’d say it’s a mix of gel/liquid. Kind of smells like mint? Seems decent enough, ordered it back in the 29th. I’m happy with it.

Stop and Shop Hadley MA:
Up front near the checkout line
as of an hour ago had a massive 2 foot by 6 foot tub filled with 2 oz containers, hundreds and hundreds of bottles, people were walking right by the tub uninterested.

oh and further siterep: They had chicken, but no wings, hamburg but no ribeyes. plenty of pork.

Malden S&S had a bunch of those last Sunday when I was there, picked one up and shook it, watery not gel and in a small container with no spray. Took a pass on those, but they had a lot of them.

There seems to be a good amount of aloe vera gel hitting the shelves and isopropyl alcohol is pretty available too. Simple enough to make your own.

Hannaford in Hooksett, NH had quite a lot. Not cheap - $6.49 for 16.9 ounces. Towards the front of the store in the first aid/cosmetic area. First bottles looked like shampoo bottles (shape, with a flip lid, cloudy plastic). New versions now look like a Smart Water bottle - clear, tall, white cap. Some of the old style bottles were still left, but mostly the new style.

You will see lots of brands you've never heard of before. Prices are all over the chart. Stuff with the same brand name and UPC can be obviously very different, from thick to thin and odorless to retch-inducing.

Back
Top Bottom