• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Handloading .22 for precision

If you think in terms of MOA or Mils, a .22 at 200y has similar challenges to .308 at 800y. Past a certain distance (about 500y for .308 and 100y for .22) knowing the guns come-ups and reading the wind matter more than the rifle's accuracy. You can do a tremendous amount of leaning long range shooting for $0.10/shot at a 200y range, especially if you can shoot at different distances.

With 22lr? I know guys are tossing 22lr out to 600 ysrds but not at 4” targets.
Sorry miss read that 4’ plate at 1000 yards…. Better to hit than 4” lol

Whats the come up from 100 yard zero to 1000 yards ? 300moa?
438.52 moa from a 50yd zero. The charlie tarac helps with that.

A mouse fart must push the bullet at that point what a 10mph full value correction for a .1 BC bullet at 250 fps or so 60-70 moa?
he was shooting that with the center x and the new reloads improved that a bit. They had to setup a down range observer under cover with a radio to spot it lol.

he was shooting that with the center x and the new reloads improved that a bit. They had to setup a down range observer under cover with a radio to spot it lol.
Spot it! A crashing fly would displace more earth! Lol.
Must be fun to poke around 1000 yards with a 22lr
Growing up we would go to ME sometimes and there was a set of abandoned power lines that made a great range. There was a old water truck tank at about 700 yards we used to try and land in it through the rotted top . It was fun.
We never had anything accurate to shoot there and would just shoot at what we could see.

Spot it! A crashing fly would displace more earth! Lol.
Must be fun to poke around 1000 yards with a 22lr
Growing up we would go to ME sometimes and there was a set of abandoned power lines that made a great range. There was a old water truck tank at about 700 yards we used to try and land in it through the rotted top . It was fun.
We never had anything accurate to shoot there and would just shoot at what we could see.

View: https://youtu.be/77q-rJkI7ZA

Back
Top Bottom