Hanks belts anyone use one?

Tired of paying $7.99 at WMT every 6 months for belts. Thank you for the advice NES.

that discount code still works!
🤓

Last edited:
Tired of paying $7.99 at WMT every 6 months for belts. Thank you for the advice NES.

I was paying about $15.00 every 6 months at BJ's! :)

I'm wearing one of the first Hanks Belts I bought about five years ago. It has a S&W 3913TSW in an IWB holster hanging on it. It finish is a bit beat up, but it hasn't stretched or fallen apart.

Filson double leather has been my daily (casual) wear for more than 25 years. It’s a bit beat but still secures a 1911 like a rock.

For dress, I have Galco and Sparks belts. When I’m playing IDPA ninja, a wilderness 5 stitch keeps me tacti-cool.

I've been chasing gun belts since the 70's. I've never found anything better looking or more serviceable than AKER, leather gun belts. They work great and maintain their rigidity over years of service.

I've been chasing gun belts since the 70's. I've never found anything better looking or more serviceable than AKER, leather gun belts. They work great and maintain their rigidity over years of service.
+100. I "over thought" it when buying my last belt. A Hank's belt. Not happy with it. Too thick and stiff - can't tighten it enough for support. Wearing my Aker now. First "gun belt" I bought, in 2005 when I got to Arizona. Still wearing it. Still loving it.

+100. I "over thought" it when buying my last belt. A Hank's belt. Not happy with it. Too thick and stiff - can't tighten it enough for support. Wearing my Aker now. First "gun belt" I bought, in 2005 when I got to Arizona. Still wearing it. Still loving it.
My nephew is a relatively new shooter who carries daily. He's now wearing a new AKER daily and loves its good looks and it's rigidity, for carry.

Looking for a better leather belt for CCW outside waist band holster. Anyone ever use one of these? Hanks belts.

Hanks is good. Get the "Gunner" model. I have one in brown and one in black. Made in upstate NY. Much less pricy than Bianchi and Desantis, but excellent quality leather. They come standard with a roller buckle.

Mine is out for delivery today. First one.
Man they have a good marketing team.
Must have gotten 5 emails about my order, lol.

Been wearing my hanks daily for about 7 years now.

It started off as a great belt, it no longer passes the classic stiffness test and hasn't for quite some time.
Is the stiffness test relevant? I don't know, but I can say that I am not dissatisfied with the belt, its had minimal stretching over the years, is in extremely reasonable condition, and still keeps my edc where it belongs.

Been wearing my hanks daily for about 7 years now.

It started off as a great belt, it no longer passes the classic stiffness test and hasn't for quite some time.
Is the stiffness test relevant? I don't know, but I can say that I am not dissatisfied with the belt, its had minimal stretching over the years, is in extremely reasonable condition, and still keeps my edc where it belongs.
Bullhide steel core belt passes the stiffness test after 5 years daily use in construction. Either way both Hanks and Bullhide are quality and made in the USA

I bought an Andy's leather belt years ago now replaced with a Hanks belt. I am happy with both belts but Andy left this board and moved on.

Been wearing a gunner for about a week. It’s fine.
I like it better than my double layer filson b/c the holster clips work better.
Prefer my vedder nylon belts.

I run a Nexbelt, love the ratcheting buckle system. I have a neighbor that runs a Hanks belt, it seems very well made. I just like the ratchet belt because it has so much adjustment and I don't have to guess about sizing my weight can fluctuate a good 20lbs between winter and summer, and you can discreetly let the ratchet out after a big meal or when your sitting for a while

Came in the mail yesterday. Holy cow! This thing should be in the vehicle tow strap thread. I can see why they last so long. Thing is 1/4" thick.

I've got a few Hanks... they're good belts, but I don't like the buckle. The roller makes too much noise.

I've switched to Kore Essentials. I was between Kore and Nexbelt. I haven't seen the Nex in person, but from reviews, it seems the Kore is stiffer.

I feel like I could hand a 16lb sledge hammer on my belt and it wouldn't sag.

Same here. Hanks is a decent belt, but I only wear Nexbelts now. They are plenty stiff and the ratchet system is excellent.

This is my “beltman” and it’s the most comfortable and secure belt I’ve found for carrying a full-size Gov’t model, which I do most of the year.
6B68C273-96FB-46F1-9008-670EA0C0DDB5.jpeg

compared to my Hanks Bare Bones which is mainly my summer belt when I’ll be carrying the P938. The difference is significant!

4B7E531D-33E2-4489-8E25-F7A45CF64682.jpeg

I bought an Andy's leather belt years ago now replaced with a Hanks belt. I am happy with both belts but Andy left this board and moved on.
Same, still wearing mine although its getting a little old. I love the buckle he used, wish he was still making belts, would buy another

Same, still wearing mine although its getting a little old. I love the buckle he used, wish he was still making belts, would buy another
website makes it look like he is...though maybe at a reduced level?

Somewhere I have a 1911 mag carrier that he made.

Thanks, I'll send him an email

Back
Top Bottom