hanson rod and gun

qwik88

NES Member
couldnt find much info on here about it. how is it? ive shot at the out door range but never have been inside. is it 24hr indoor? any info would be great
thanks
dan

I don't recall if the indoor range was 24 hours, but it was a great club.

Very low-key, and everyone I ran into there seemed decent.

IIRC 10 years ago, they did not allow FMJ ammunition to be used on the indoor range, don't know if that's still true.

Hanson seemed like a nice club when I visited. Very easy going members and a nice social atmosphere. It seemed to have plenty of members, I suspect they just don't spend much time here on NES. Have you tried calling them or going by?

Hanson seemed like a nice club when I visited. Very easy going members and a nice social atmosphere. It seemed to have plenty of members, I suspect they just don't spend much time here on NES. Have you tried calling them or going by?

i have used the outdoor range at hanson just haven't been inside just trying to get others opinions

Just noticed this thread.

Hanson is a nice club. I think 4 hours per year of helping out around the club are required (or you can pay extra at renewal time if you don't want to)

The indoor range is 24x7 except for during when they serve Sunday breakfast and during business meetings, or during scheduled matches. I think that's about it, but am not 100% sure. The indoor range permits up to and including .45 caliber pistol ammo. It can be jacketed or not. No rifles (except .22 rimfire) and no rifle cartridges allowed. No black powder. All targets must be all the way back at 50'. Keycard access.

A lot of nice members there.

http://www.hansonrodandgunclub.com/

just put my application in this morning have to go to a meeting on the 11th of aug and i should be all set
hope to see some guys from here at the range

Thanks for the info and the invite.
I'm thinking sometime in Feb. after I get some tax money back I'll be really geared up to check it out and probably get an app. in.
Kurt

I'm also interested in joining Hanson. I noticed that they have a sponsor requirement and I do not know any members. I feel a bit awkward asking members who do not know me to vouch for me. How strict are they on this requirement?

Hanson was part of the Twin County Pistol League Bullseye shooting for years until for some reason this past year they no longer shot. I heard it was because nobody wanted to captain the team and their number of team members was down. It would be nice to have your club back in the league again so maybe you new guys can ask about it and give it a try.

Theres no membership hunting and you can not park on club property to hunt. I dont believe the property is posted though. Only signs I have ever seen was "danger shooting range in use" They aquired a good amount of land in the past few years. which is a lot of wet lands. This has come up many time at meetings.
I will say that the river on the back side has had some great trout and huge purch in the past.
Theres the (sp?) buradge pond wildlife managment just down the road and across the street which is 2000+ acres and open to hunting
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/wma/southeastwma/burragepondwma.pdf
I may be wrong but i think in recent past Masswildlife purchased more land on the same side as the HR&CG.....going on memory I think hansons newest purchase butts up to this land? I had twins in the past 1.5 years. I have not been keeping up with club news.
paragraph 131
Section 36. A person shall not fish, hunt or trap on private land without permission of the owner or tenant thereof, after such owner or tenant has conspicuously posted thereon notices which bear the name of such owner or tenant and which state that fishing, hunting or trapping on such land, as the case may be, is prohibited.

I could not find the regulations as to what proper "posting" of property would be though?????

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just moved to this area and I am looking for a sponsor at Hanson. I am a current member at Sippican but it is too far away now for it to be a practical solution.
If anyone has some free time or is already planning to go there for a shoot and could sponsor me I would be glad to meet you there and introduce myself.
TIA

Bringing this thread back to life!

I think I'm gonna swing by this sunday with an application...I need to join a range asap!.

Any of you guys gonna be there?

Back
Top Bottom