Happy (early) birfday to me !

Twigg

NES Member
It ain't really till April and I was hopping to find a Browning hi power but there getting hard to find and somewhat unrealistic in cost, so I got myself this. IMG_20200316_135435.jpg
I found a Tisas/Regent Hi Power clone. I'll most likely spend the same amount getting this to where I want it but that's life. Finding ammo was another issue. 😐 Got 100 rounds of 124gr Federal HST at Old Glory in Mason (Great place!) Next day went up to Shooters Outpost in Hookset and scored 1000 rounds of blazer 9mm, copper case 124gr fmj!

Thanks and a hat tip to Mrs Twigg who stood in line and insisted I go wait in the car so I wouldn't get in everybody's way with my wheelchair. I owe her big time! The place was packed! It took her almost an hour to get through the line but we did ok.

Opinions on the gun vary and if I run into any issues I might pack it up and send it off to Cylinder & Slide.

Awesome - congrats. I’ve been looking for a Browning HP as well and know what you mean about the prices.

nice! happy early birthday. and refreshing the post had nothing mentioned about the virus. amazing! enjoy your treasure.

Those Turkish made pistols,are a really nice copy of the HP.
They eat very well threw most any type of ammo. Congrats.

I just made an interesting discovery, the 13 round factory mags will actually hold 14 rounds ! With one in the pipe there's 15 rounds of HELL NO! ready to go! While not quite "Double plus good" that's pretty darn good in my book !

Happy birthday Dennis.
Thanks. My real birthday will be here soon enough when I'll become an official member of a "protected class" (senior citizen) aka "old phart".

When I look back at all the stoopid crap I've done, I wonder how I've lasted this long.[laugh2][rofl]

I just made an interesting discovery, the 13 round factory mags will actually hold 14 rounds ! With one in the pipe there's 15 rounds of HELL NO! ready to go! While not quite "Double plus good" that's pretty darn good in my book !
dialing 1-800-call maura right after i type this. [laugh]

NICE!

I've got a FEG and an Inglis and I love them both. I'd take a Browning if the prices were even remotely understandable, but I don't feel undergunned. A lot of companies cloned the HP really well.

Happy birthday!

Back
Top Bottom