• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harrisburg Outoor Show

Stop at the Cabelas in Hamburg. Largest Cabelas in the Country. Went to the Farm Center there years ago. Say what you want but took my wife’s Prius she had at the time. Got there on one tank of gas and drove around for two days before I needed gas.

My son is down there and I've been to that Cabela's, its on the way from his house.

Its one of the most stocked in the country. Loaded with used guns last time I was in there.

I'll certainly be checking what they have in stock and used.

Great show. Place was huge. Tons of outfitters and guides. Son and I decided on two trips.
Costa Rica for fishing and an elk hunt. Planning stages right now.

There was a dedicated archery section with all the new gear.

And a dedicated floor with guns and gun manufacturers.

Fun times. Stopped at Cabelas and they gave me a great trade on a double I was trying to sell here. They gave me more than I wanted.

Got a new Rizzini Dakota 28 gauge O/U.
The sales experience was great.

The purchase/background check was retardedly slow. If the Dakota wasnt a cabelas only model I would have bought elsewhere. But I knew that going in and figured my afternoon would be FUBAR and planned for it.

But there is no excuse for the rigamaroll they go thru quadruple checking paperwork and just being overly rediculous rereading paperwork back to you. Then double checking, then re signing off..holy fxck. Then being from MA triggered a whole bunch of questions! Its a f***ing over and under shtgun guys! Not an AR! Wtf!

For those of you that have never bought there. Plan a minimum of 3 hours from sale to walking out door. And thats on a regular day. On a busy day like Black Friday. Yeah. Whatever your saving will not be worth the time to buy it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom