Hartford, CT Appleseed, August 23-24. 2008

Flyer available at http://www.harvardriflemen.com/AppleseedHartfordCT.pdf Please post at your nearest gunshop. Hartford is within 3 hours of most people from Jersey to Maine.

Range: Hartford Gun Club

Address: 157 South Main St, East Granby, CT 06026

When: August 23-24, 2008

Range Fee: $10 per shooter per day

Camping available: We can pitch tents on the rifle range. Ten RV/Electric hookups are also available at $10 per night. There is a clubhouse with restroom and sink.

Hotels: Many hotels to choose from near Bradley Intl Airport (~2 miles away)

Directions:
* Take I-91 to Exit 40 (Bradley International Airport).
* Take the 4th exit off the connector onto CT Route 20.
* Turn left at the fifth light onto CT Route 187 (South Main Street).
* Proceed 1.3 miles and turn left onto the club grounds. (Watch for Neon Green Appleseed Signs!)
GPS: Latitude 41.925094, Longitude -72.735130
Coordinates 41.925094, -72.735130, N41°55.50564, W072°44.1078

State Laws to be aware of: State Assault Weapons Ban that is SIGNIFICANTLY MORE STRICT than the now expired Federal AWB. For example, Colt and all 7.62x39 AK47 type rifles are banned by name, and there is no such thing as "pre ban" when it comes to rifles banned by feature. Folks, please be careful with this. There is no magazine capacity limit. Check State Laws.

Misc: 25m only. Rimfire and centerfire rifles are allowed. Get your spot quickly. We only have room for 30.

For more information contact: email: [email protected] or pm crak on this forum

Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/141390904

Last edited:
Note that there is a Hooters in nearby Manchester if you want to go there for dinner. It is NOT in the database that Garmin uses for it's GPSrs, though. DAMHIK. [crying]

And avoid the Chili's in Manchester at all costs. Don't ask Nickle how I know. [wink]

How would you know? You never GOT any!

My point exactly. I did get billed for what I ordered, along with a BUNCH of excuses I got as to why it wasn't out, with promises it will be right out. And, we were there almost (if not more than) 2 hours.

It took the local Chili's to fix it (and reimburse me), and the manager in CT did send me a personal check (his) for the amount of the bill, AFTER the National level folks got after him for it. The funny part is the Manager of the VT Chili's is the one that got in touch with the National level folks, after he made it right $$$ wise.

I do NOT and will NOT eat in a Chili's in CT.

NY and VT are fine. I even had dinner in the Syracuse, NY Chili's on Saturday evening of the Throop NY Appleseed. Food was good, service was awesome, just like the Chili's in VT.

Anyways, enough hi-jack.

Folks, get yourself to an Appleseed, and learn how to shoot well.

If you think you're above doing it, think again. The program works, and will make you a better shooter.

Folks, get yourself to an Appleseed, and learn how to shoot well.

If you think you're above doing it, think again. The program works, and will make you a better shooter.

+1. The program works and it's great fun. I'd be there if my cousin wasn't getting married that weekend. Bring a 22, plenty of ammo, and a teachable attitude.

Zero shooters so far. First post updated with flyer (please help us out and post at your nearest shops). We had over 30 last year, which just about fills the ranges to capacity.

Just a bump to this.
bump.gif

This is happening this coming weekend. There are still spaces available, make your plans now.

This is a 25 meter range, but you are not limited to shooting .22 - I just talked to a gentleman today who's bring his TWO M1 Carbines AND his two Garands as backup... I think he may let his wife shoot one of the carbines...

I hope I see you there!

The Guy - Appleseed Master Instructor said:
"As to the apathy of the American Doofus, the wealth of our generation makes action expensive. Think of what we stand to lose. A 2500 square foot house. Central heat. Central air. Two brand new SUV's. Two bathrooms, both of them inside the house. TV. Xbox. Just pay some tax money and elect an official who will hire a gunman to protect you. And die a long slow death in front of the TV while watching "reality".

I always thought the first target we shoot at an Appleseed Shoot should be a television. That is a much more dangerous enemy than the Redcoats ever were."

Guys- unfortunately, I have some previous commitments for Saturday, but I will stop by and check things out if spectators are allowed....

Having said that, I did check out the website and it looks like some thing I would seriosly consider doing in the future.

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom