• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard says repeal 2A

This is just the type of article we want to see. When the gun grabbers lobby for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment they are admitting that their position is on the wrong side of the Constitution.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"

Exactly - there seems to be subtle shift going on in the writings of the liberal gun grabbers. Used to be that they tried to argue every which way that the 2nd amendment didn't say what we all know that it said: Individuals have a right to own arms to defend themselves. Now they are arguing that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to our modern society anymore - so it should be repealed.

This is actually a win for us even though it might not seem so - because what it means is that they are admitting that the 2nd amendment DOES say what we all know it says. Now they want to repeal it.

And so the fight is on. The liberal f***tard gun grabbers will now be forced to admit that they really want to repeal our god given right to defend ourselves. We will now be able to use the full force of historical example right out in the open. (think German gun control laws pre WW2 and the resulting death of all those who were now unable to defend themselves).

I don't really "hope" that this happens. But it has been voiced that there are those in our current administration who might subvert the normal process if the election does not go their way. There also a lot of people in this country who think that we are on the brink of tyranny. It is entirely within the realm of historical probability that something might happen here that would give rise to armed resistance by the citizenry. So the question is if that happened - would the resulting resistance be looked on as a good thing? - or would our nation of sheep look at that as a bad thing and the final straw as far as repealing the 2nd?

We all know there have been a number of examples over the years of persons who have used their right to bear arms to stop criminals - these incidents typically get short thrift on the mainstream news. When something like Virginia Tech happens though - they are all over it. My sense is that what is "needed" (again I am not hoping or promoting this) - is something on a much larger scale that shows that an armed citizenry is a net plus to society - instead of a net minus. That will be the historical turning point that puts the final nail in the coffin to our modern libtard gun grabbers.

a distinction without a difference. They don't tell them to teach ultra-liberal drivell. They just hire ONLY people who will teach ultra-liberal drivel.

The students just parrot what they are taught...

What you are trying to say is that they are not being "taught" but "indoctrinated".

I thought La Grange was just a ZZTop song, but it looks like good folks live there, Walter being one of them.

... not sure what's in that shack outside the town of La Grange though.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=521173

The Second Amendment Is Not Outdated
Published On 12/6/2007 11:24:11 PM
By WALTER C. LEE, JR.
To the editors:

Re: “Pulling the Trigger,” editorial, Nov. 30.

I don’t live near Harvard Yard, and I don’t know how civilized things are there. I have lived most of my life in Texas. I have been in and out of Law Enforcement, much of it as an unpaid reserve officer, for 30 years. I teach the Concealed Handgun Course for the Texas Department of Public Safety’s Concealed Handgun Unit. I have been pulled off the street, told to go get my gun to back up the sheriff’s deputies as they look for escaped prisoners in West Texas. And it was not because I was an ex-law enforcement officer.

In communities that do not have police departments—where one or two sheriffs deputies have to cover 1,000 square miles—you dial 9-1-1 and wait, often times, for two or three hours. Things have often turned out okay because there has been a handgun in most glove boxes and very few pickup trucks (not to mention homes) without a loaded rifle or shotgun. People knew that, and the crime rate was very low.

Please don’t tell me that the Second Amendment is out of date.

WALTER C. LEE, Jr.
La Grange, Texas
December 2, 2007

The writer teaches the Concealed Handgun Course for the Texas Department of Public Safety’s Concealed Handgun Unit.

I tracked the author down (who is a minister in Texas) - he provided me with his original post, which was edited by the Crimson. I was almost going to give the Crimson credit for publishing the letter until I found out what had been deleted.

"It was a dark night in 1971. It was 4:30 a.m. and I was about halfway between San Antonio and Houston. I slowed for a construction zone, turned under an overpass to move to the north access road of the yet to be completed Interstate 10. I found my way blocked by a yellow station pulled across the road. There was a jack on the back bumper. The strange part-- that part I noticed-- was that the three men who started towards me each carried a tire tool in his hand. One car-- three tire tools? The hair on my neck stood up. I reached to my glovebox and pulled out a Brownig HiPower 9mm pistol-- the one designed in the 1930s with a high capacity magazine. I pulled a five cell Kel Light from beside the seat. I stepped out to the car with the three men still about 15 feet away. (I didn't want to be beat to death seat belted into the car. I couldn't drive around them-- there was water in the bar ditches on each side of the road. I wasn't going to take my eyes off of them to try and back through a construction zone and around a sharp curve onto an interstate highway going the wrong way.) I pointed the pistol at the ground in front of the nearest man. I shown the flash light in his eyes. The flashlight beam clearly illuminated the handgun. I don't know how long we stood that way. Two seconds? Five? A half an hour? Time just stopped. I didn't say a word. They didn't move a muscle. And then, as if it had been rehearsed, the three turned, got behind the station wagon and pushed it into the bar ditch. They stood by the side of the road. I slipped back in my car, slammed the door and drove past them with all the power that my car allowed. I found a Texas DPS car and two county sheriff cars parked in front of an early morning cafe about 10 miles down the road. I later learned that the vehicle had been stolen in Houston and was out of gas. They never (to my knowledge) found the men.

I don't live near the Harvard yard, and I don't know how civilized things are there. I have lived most of my life in Texas. I have been in and out of Law Enforcement, much of it as an unpaid reserve officer, for thirty years. I teach the Concealed Handgun Course for the Texas Department of Public Safety's Concealed Handgun Unit. I have been pulled off the street, told to go get my gun to back up sheriff's deputies looking for escaped prisoners in West Texas. And it was not because I was ex-law enforcement. In that particular case, the bad guys were being held at gun point by an employee of the County Water Department when law enforcement arrived. In communities that do not have police departments,-- where one or two sheriffs deputies have to cover 1000 square miles (counties that run 30 miles by 40 miles are quite common. The last department where I served had the elected sheriff and three paid deputies to provide 24/7 coverage). You dial 911 and wait, often times for two or three hours. But things often turned out okay because there was a handgun in most glove boxes and very few pickup trucks (not to mention homes) without a loaded rifle or shotgun. People knew that and the crime rate was very low.

Please don't tell me that the Second Amendment is out of date. And if it is, I am thankful that the founders created a system where any 13 hick states can stop your seaboard foolishness."

Back
Top Bottom