Harvard sportsman club

Maybe it's just me getting old and crotchety but it seems the stupidity at HSC has increased lately. I notice much more damage to club property. Some is due to ignorance but a lot is deliberate. Today I witnessed a new height in stupidity. I was driving from the 50 yard range to the 100. There was a hunter with his dog walking in front of me and when he got almost to the 100, he raised his shotgun and fired. He was standing in the road and the muzzles of his shotgun were pointed in the direction of the 100 yard backstop. I drove past and saw a guy at the 100 yard backstop. I don't think a load of birdshot would do any damage at that distance but if that was me and a load of birdshot rained down on me, I wouldn't be happy.
If you ever see anything like that again, please get their information. All club members have to carry their club IDs with them but even if someone refuses to identify themselves, try to get a picture of them and their vehicle.

Anyone like to teach me a thing or two this weekend?

Just picked up my 1st rifle for precision shooting. Went with TC Compass 6.5 CM. Planing on zeroing in the scope and shoot this darn thing sometime this weekend. Anyone feel like teaching an older dog (47) some new tricks? Yes I am a member of HSC.

I'm looking at trying to join the Harvard Sportsman's Club and I know they have the breakfast this Sunday. Is it usually crowded or easy for someone new to meet people?

I'm looking at trying to join the Harvard Sportsman's Club and I know they have the breakfast this Sunday. Is it usually crowded or easy for someone new to meet people?

Thanks for the reminder - I need to get my butt out of bed and get over there this Sunday. I've been meaning to get into a new club for a while and I really like Harvard.

HSC is an amazing club. Great facilities and they keep the place very well maintained. I have been a member there for over 20 years.

Would any current member be around this coming weekend 8/10-8/11 and be willing to show me around? I'm interested in joining and would like to see the facility.

I'm there every Saturday and Sunday morning and would be glad to show you the club and answer your questions but the rules have changed and your sponsor must know you and he or she may be held accountable if you screw up.

The gate was up when I got there at about 8:15, but was down when my son got there about an hour later. There was a match in the action pits so the gate was probably up just long enough to let all the shooters in.

The gate was up when I got there at about 8:15, but was down when my son got there about an hour later. There was a match in the action pits so the gate was probably up just long enough to let all the shooters in.

This is correct. The gate is left open until just before the match starts so it's not just sitting open all day. Sorry I didn't think to mention that cashbeam.

The Christmas trees are down the dirt road between the 200/300 and the archery range. The trees range in size from small enough to put on a table to too large to put indoors. Unless the ground is dry and solid, don't go back there without 4 wheel drive.

FYI: This is from one of the weekly e-mailings last year. I'm not sure if they changed anything for this year.

HSC CHRISTMAS TREE POLICY

HSC Members are allowed to harvest one tree per family from our Christmas Tree grove. We recommend a donation of $40 to help cover the costs of planting and maintaining the grove. Make checks payable to HSC and mail them to Harvard Sportsmen’s Club, P.O. Box 114, Harvard, MA 01451.

PLEASE FOLLOW A FEW KEY RULES WHEN HARVESTING TREES

Be safe and careful.
Walk the road before driving into the tree farm; it is EXTREMELY MUDDY and getting stuck is a serious possibility.
Wear your Hunter Orange.
Harvest only trees from the rows in the grove.
Bring your cell phone for emergencies and avoid cutting alone.
Cut trees as close to the ground as possible.
Do not leave branches or trimmings at the Club.
Be aware of the range layouts to assure that you do not wander onto a range.
Be safe and careful.
HAVE FUN!!!

Hey all, I was interested in attending the monthly breakfast (would've attended last months, but it was on the day of a match), and had a couple of questions. It is open to the public, right? Or will I show up, and the gate will be locked? I also plan on bringing the wife and kid (going on 5 years old), because as a prospective member, I want to start bringing him early in his life, and need the wife to see it's not all wild west in there. Is that ok?

I am open to meeting any of you there if you're feeling extra helpful, and feel like there is anything I should see or know about the club as well. Thanks in advance.

Once again 2 morons having breakfast parked in the road to the back forty range. Some people are obviously too stupid to see that they are parked in a road so maybe we need some signs to help them.

Back
Top Bottom