Harvard Sportsman Club

Hey NES,
I started working next door to HSC and I heard the guys at the range blasting away and I thought to myself, is that HSC? Googled it, and it turned out to be too good to be true. Now I am super hyped and I am looking into the club and hoping I could find a sponsor for the following Thursday meeting and turn in my application. Anyone interested in having me as a guest?

Chris

No meeting this month, you will have to wait till August. What kind of shooting are you interested in.

I am interested in them all actually... outdoor/indoor range, skeet, trap, archery, action pit but seems like I can't get into Harvard.

If you want to try out action shooting there's USPSA practices every Wednesday evening from 5 to 7 or so. Open to the public, and a good way to potentially meet a sponsor. Plus you get to learn how to shoot USPSA!

I was definately looking into Wedsnesday Action shooting, also looking to attend the bi-weekly breakfasts as well. I've been looking for ones that have a huge ordeal of activities and cheap.

I was definately looking into Wedsnesday Action shooting, also looking to attend the bi-weekly breakfasts as well. I've been looking for ones that have a huge ordeal of activities and cheap.

Harvard definitely has a wide array of things to do, lots of great ranges to do them on, and very reasonable rules. If you're close by, it really is a no-brainer to join up. The timing is a bit unfortunate since there is no July membership meeting, but if you can be patient and wait for the August meeting it will be well worth the wait.

Harvard is more than worth waiting a month for the next meeting. Best club I've ever been to.
Fair warning though, you'll be insanely jealous of the firearms people show up with; which, in the end makes you want to buy them.

Been a member for a year, awesome club, got to fire my first 50 bmg Friday, Courtesy of a random member, I share my 500 often, lots of sharing, reloading tips too. Spend the time to become a member.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I got introduced to HSC years ago through IDPA. I moved to the area recently, got back into the sport and became a member. It's a great club. I've only scratched the surface of what's available. There's all kinds of opportunities to meet members at various open to public events and practices. Do some reading and find something to get involved with.

Harvard is more than worth waiting a month for the next meeting. Best club I've ever been to.
Fair warning though, you'll be insanely jealous of the firearms people show up with; which, in the end makes you want to buy them.

Seems like a very great club, if not the best club around that part of Mass. I haven't got the best set of firearms but I'm sure I'll end up with tons more after I see the guys at Harvard. I can't really do IDPA as I'm not LTC-A licenced yet, but I will be in a few months when I become of age. So I figured it would be best to get into a club now and embrace the FID I currently have. I have looked at the Calender and haven't seen the bi-weekly breakfast yet or an event I can readily attend without restriction of equipment.

I shot my first MG [mg] from a fellow member at HSC. What an awesome experience! I've been shooting for over 20 years at various ranges and HSC is by far the best and full of great people! My "in" was by shooting the Wednesday USPSA practices and meeting people! I highly recommend

Last edited:
I also went to the Wednesday USPSA practices and met a sponsor. You don't have to be shooting at the practice to enjoy yourself, plus more time to mingle and help tape targets and score. (Being helpful really does make a good impression) Any potential sponsor may like to see that you are safe when handling a firearm so don't be shy in bringing your current favorite rifle and ammo to the club with you just in case they invite you to shoot at any of the other ranges. (no rifles in the pits)

Hi folks. I left an Impact Data Book and Mil-Dot Master on the pistol range today. If anyone recovers it I will be super glad to have it back. Pleas PM me and I will pick it up.

Thanks!

Most of the folks that staff the pistol pits/ranges (including Dan Hurley) are up in Maine for the USPSA Area 7 Championship. If you send an email, don't expect an immediate reply.

Does anyone know how long will it take to join the club? I am currently applied to Mass Rifle Assoc, but the wait line for an interview is until November...

Would be good to find a good place to shoot. I especially would like to train for USPSA, but don't see any other clubs nearby that offer that but Harvard.

Does anyone know how long will it take to join the club? I am currently applied to Mass Rifle Assoc, but the wait line for an interview is until November... Would be good to find a good place to shoot. I especially would like to train for USPSA, but don't see any other clubs nearby that offer that but Harvard.

Get a sponsor and then show up at the August meeting. They will have an orientation soon after and you'll get your badge in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom