• Cowboy Action Shooting
• Action Shooting Sports (IPSC,IDPA)
• Precision Rifle
• Biathlon
• Blackpowder
• Youth Target Shooting
• Shotgun sports
• Machine gun demonstrations

Meet Boy Scouts of America, GOAL, Becoming An Outdoor Woman, HSC Youth Program, NRA

Free memberships will be drawn from the list of guests who have signed in that day.
Come and join us for a great time!

Directions: From Rte. 110 in Littleton heading west toward Ayer, go left on King St. (blinking yellow light after Shell Station) 100 yards over train tracks, left on Taylor St., 100 yards, right onto Whitcomb Ave. The Club's driveway is 1.7 miles on the left, green mailbox (#250), you will see a large overhead sign as you turn in.

For more about The Harvard Sportsmen's Club visit www.harvardsportsmensclub.org

Should be a great day. Be sure to come try your hand at the appleseed targets with me over on the 25 yard line.

I'm not sure about the other stations/events, but for mine, we will have .22 rifles and ammo. However I'd actually prefer that you did bring your favorite .22 or centerfire rifle (so you can't blame ours!) [smile]

Last edited:
Our chapter, Metrowest Tactical IDPA, will be doing a demo and if you're interested, you can try it out too. We'll supply all the guns and ammo, eye and ear protection needed.

It is going to be a day not to miss. Our Harvard Club has been described as "Daytime Disneyland for Gun Owners."

PS The machinegunners will be letting fly too, and will even be offering free trigger time!

Last edited:
So, can we bring our own hardware and software (ammo), or not? It would be cool to get some shooting in.

To shoot at the club (like any other club) you have to be a guest or member.If it's like last open houses,it's likely there won't be any benches open due to members offering up thier guns for the public to try.

Put it this way,last one I didn't shoot any of my stuff.Just basically walked around for a bit and talked to people.

I'll be there at the Shotgun range helping out. Shotguns, ammo and clays will be provided for those who wish to try their luck at breaking some clays.

I know the announcement says families welcome, but I'm wondering whether or not the open house would be appropriate for my six year old. I intend on attending either way, but I don't want to be the source of any discomfort.

Thanks,
David

Oh -- can we pay for memberships at the Open House if we like the place? I know I have to get a sponsor, but I'd like to get the ball rolling.

You'll still need to attend a regular monthly meeting to sign up with the club. All new memberships are voted by the Board at these meetings. But I encourage you to stop by around 7:00 PM on the first Thursday of every month when you can meet some folks and join the club.

I know the announcement says families welcome, but I'm wondering whether or not the open house would be appropriate for my six year old. I intend on attending either way, but I don't want to be the source of any discomfort.

Thanks,
David

Families and kids are most definitely encouraged to attend. "Age appropriateness" is completely up to you. If you are comfortable with how your 6 year-old behaves at a live range, then everyone else will be comfortable also.

Thanks Crak and pdm, however I'm not taking the LSAT.

I'm administering it.

Oh well, hopefully next year I'll make the Open House!

Thanks Crak and pdm, however I'm not taking the LSAT.

I'm administering it.

Oh well, hopefully next year I'll make the Open House!

This means you could save the world from dozens of new lawyers by skipping it, then.[smile]

Don't worry about that,I met you and you are just 'kinda' psycho[smile] You can use my name on the application.

Make sure you go today,the MG42 should be there.If you have never seen one fire..the cyclic rate is incredible.

Well, I guess I can extrapolate out from that and come to the conclusion that we commute at different times.[wink]

PM sent to get your info.

I was at the open house Saturday and the place looked good. It seems to be worth the extra driving time for me, and I'll be there Thursday evening for the proposed new members meeting.

Thanks for your help and for answering all my questions Cross-X.

Glad you had a good time, it really is a great club, great members...

My favorite area at the open house was the Shotgun range, but I think that I'm probably a little partial to that since I was working over there!!! :)

I really wanted to make the open house, but I had a CHIP event that I volunteered at in Webster... and when I looked around at noon, when I'd planned to leave, we were still swamped with families with kiddies in tow, all wanting to get their kids on video tape... so I stayed until the end. It would have been nice to get out and do a little shootin', but this was a worthy cause. I can always shoot another day.

At least you had a good reason. I was knee-deep in lawyer-sprog...

The things one does to get extra $$$ with which to purchase firearms...

[wink]

I really wanted to make the open house, but I had a CHIP event that I volunteered at in Webster... and when I looked around at noon, when I'd planned to leave, we were still swamped with families with kiddies in tow, all wanting to get their kids on video tape... so I stayed until the end. It would have been nice to get out and do a little shootin', but this was a worthy cause. I can always shoot another day.

At least you had a good reason. I was knee-deep in lawyer-sprog...
Eeewwwww! "Lawyer-sprog"??? Could you at least wipe it off? Did you have to burn your boots and jeans when you got out of it?

Oh, man... Mrs G must have had a cow if you tracked that sprog into the house! [laugh]

Well, me and Arioch are officially members of Harvard as of tonite!!

[party][party][party]

I'm looking forward to the safety meeting on Sunday so I can get to enjoying the place. Wooo Hooo!! 5 minutes from work! That indoor range is going to be sweet to hit at 2 in the morning before I head to work!![smile]

Congrats men! Don't forget to come join us at an IDPA practice. We meet on the second and fourth Wednesdays at 5 p.m. Once the indoor range re-opens, we'll shift to a 7 p.m. start.

Thanks Darius -- IDPA is very big on the reasons I joined up. Like I mentioned to you at the Open House -- I had kind of a false start in it at Riverside due to the distance and work hours. This should work nicely. Not to mention the Appleseed shoots.

Back
Top Bottom