Harvard Sportsmen's Club

johniac7078

NES Member
Any idea when the outdoor ranges will reopen. I can understand why the indoor facilities might be closed, but I think you can use the ranges and practice social distancing. Thanks.

I haven't heard anything about negotiations with the town but if the Governor opens the state, I'm guessing it will be a guideline and Boxborough will do whatever they feel like doing.

if just a third of the people show up to shoot at harvard who have been shaking a fist in the air, you best show up at the gate to get on that list before dawn. it'd be interesting to see how many do show up and if they'll have to restrict range time.

No guests are allowed and range time is not restricted yet. I was told this morning that it may be restricted if too many people show up. Right now, the machinegun and subgun ranges are being reserved for full auto shooters.

When the club reopens, I'm hoping to find a sponsor to join - it's 20-30 minutes from me (as opposed to Mass Firearms - 45+ - which I was a member at before) and my 12-year old daughter is interested in Biathlon.

Is there an activity day coming up that we can come up and introduce our selves - or a cleaning / maintenance day to help with?

Thanks,
Tony P.

People are still joining every month and there are matches again but I think social gatherings like the monthly breakfast are on hold. I'd suggest you contact the club president. Dan can tell you what is and isn't open.

Just want to say here - HUGE thanks to the MICHAEL GILLETTE
who helped me to setup my x95 rifle today, gave a tour of the facility and assisted with every question i had. I truly do appreciate it, thank you so much!
I really loved the club, hope to become a member soon.

I’m looking to join the club at some point. My neighbor is a member and we’ve casually chatted about it. I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about the club and it’s members. With COVID, so much is in the air. It’s a real shame, I can’t wait until this is all a distant memory.

Can someone confirm that the restriction on 'no rimfire' for the Back40 range has been removed since they
added the concrete pad? The rulebook says 'no rimfire' but I recall someone saying that that was no longer correct.

Are there anybody here who also just joined the club and is going there tomorrow for the safety orientation at 8am?
There was a lot of people in the line yesterday evening - shout out if you are here.

Are there anybody here who also just joined the club and is going there tomorrow for the safety orientation at 8am?
There was a lot of people in the line yesterday evening - shout out if you are here.
Well, ½ of the people in line at the board meeting are the sponsors. There will be about 15-20 or so I'd
guess and take approx 90m+ as you walk the various ranges. It happens rain, snow or shine

Well, ½ of the people in line at the board meeting are the sponsors. There will be about 15-20 or so I'd
guess and take approx 90m+ as you walk the various ranges. It happens rain, snow or shine
i just wonder if any of them are here. it was more than 20 groups in that line yesterday, i think. at least it looked like that - but - i did not count. :)
a great club, i am very grateful to my sponsor - mike gillette - for my membership. love action pits, and, it is a lot of space. i like it all very much.

Can someone confirm that the restriction on 'no rimfire' for the Back40 range has been removed since they
added the concrete pad? The rulebook says 'no rimfire' but I recall someone saying that that was no longer correct.
We are in the process of reprinting signs for many of the ranges. Back 40 is one of them. I think the new rimfire text will say something like this:
Rim Fire
.22 Short & .22 Long Rifle Ammunition Only
Pistol & Rifle
One of the reasons for the ban in the past is that a lot of rimfire shooters can't be bothered to clean up after themselves, and the brass rats have no need for it, so the 22 brass clutters the range. I can tell, because you're asking, that you're the kind of person that will help keep it clean; thanks for helping support our club.

Are steel plates going be back on the 100yds range? I think last time I checked about month ago they were taken off?

Are steel plates going be back on the 100yds range? I think last time I checked about month ago they were taken off?
I'm sure Mark will try to get them back up when he can. Unfortunately, sometimes they get shot down or otherwise wear out and it takes time to reinstall. If you want to help with range maintenance, I'm sure he'd be happy to have you get in touch with him.

I'm sure Mark will try to get them back up when he can. Unfortunately, sometimes they get shot down or otherwise wear out and it takes time to reinstall. If you want to help with range maintenance, I'm sure he'd be happy to have you get in touch with him.
Send me his info, I am willing to help out.

I was talking to Mark yesterday and I think he's going to the club to work on the 100 yard range this weekend. The steel targets are down because people keep shooting the chains and he can't keep up. I know it's deliberate but it's impossible to prove and Mesatchornug I think a lift kit might be better than a sign. I know it would be more fun.

I was talking to Mark yesterday and I think he's going to the club to work on the 100 yard range this weekend. The steel targets are down because people keep shooting the chains and he can't keep up. I know it's deliberate but it's impossible to prove and Mesatchornug I think a lift kit might be better than a sign. I know it would be more fun.
Well, it’s sad if steel will remain down. Is there a way, dunno, to bury a rail there and make something indestructible? I would love to help too, as steel at 100 is one of my favorite things to do.

Back
Top Bottom