Harvard Sportsmen's Club

So based on the Annual Town Meeting, money was approved to pursue the issue further?
ATM will be on May 9. The warrant is phrased to imply that they'll more seriously start investigating other options, nothing is certain yet.

(to clarify - at the earlier meeting, the vote was against the town's action, i.e. in our favor)

ATM will be on May 9. The warrant is phrased to imply that they'll more seriously start investigating other options, nothing is certain yet.

(to clarify - at the earlier meeting, the vote was against the town's action, i.e. in our favor)
Great, good to know. A couple of my ski racing buddies are members and last I saw them the situation was very concerning. IMHO it could have set horrendous precedent for town actions against other Mass clubs and potentially out of state as well. The land grabbing and restriction tyranny of the DCR is bad enough, so the issue is also bigger than the evil gun ranges.

Ok here it is 100yd range Work Party Sunday May 22nd
here's what we'll be doing
1. remove the old bases install all new permanent target stands similar to the 200/300
2. getting into the swamp and cutting brush back on the right side so we can use all the target area.
3. rebuild the steel rack.
4. use Tiny to clean and push up the berm a bit
5. general clean up
6. repair any of the tables and benches if necessary
7. add a gutter to the hood to avoid ice buildup in the winter.

The stands will be pre-built by me so we only have to install them the steel rack is going to be the same design , it's lasted for a while, considering the beating it takes. If anyone is interested or has more suggestions, you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Ok here it is 100yd range Work Party Sunday May 22nd
here's what we'll be doing
1. remove the old bases install all new permanent target stands similar to the 200/300
2. getting into the swamp and cutting brush back on the right side so we can use all the target area.
3. rebuild the steel rack.
4. use Tiny to clean and push up the berm a bit
5. general clean up
6. repair any of the tables and benches if necessary
7. add a gutter to the hood to avoid ice buildup in the winter.

The stands will be pre-built by me so we only have to install them the steel rack is going to be the same design , it's lasted for a while, considering the beating it takes. If anyone is interested or has more suggestions, you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Adding to my calendar. What time?

I'm in.

If someone has a magnet for picking up roofing nails (the wheeled ones or something similar) it would be helpful to pick up all the steel casings in front of the line.

Same here unless something unexpected happens. Do we need to bring any cutters, saws - ?
If anyone has waders to get in the swamp, so we can cut back the high brush, that’d be a help. I used to just cut it back with a machete but cutters would def help .

100yd Target stand kits are ready for assembly.. I’ll put them together this week at the club so all we have to do is dig holes and drop them in.

Steel rack next

Attachments

• EA7E725A-FEBB-429B-A052-8FE66108DDD0.jpeg
    EA7E725A-FEBB-429B-A052-8FE66108DDD0.jpeg
    532.7 KB · Views: 6
  • E20815BD-94FB-4C2A-96AC-711415944403.jpeg
    E20815BD-94FB-4C2A-96AC-711415944403.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
thankyou! We'll probably need a set of loppers too. I usually cut the brush back in the wet area with a machete the thickest of it is on the right side there may be a couple of small trees. I don't think we'll need a chain saw
We should have loppers at the club. I'll confirm

Do these work days happen often? I will be in PA with family that day. I’m not a member, but would like to put in the work to meet some people as I live 15 minutes away

Do these work days happen often? I will be in PA with family that day. I’m not a member, but would like to put in the work to meet some people as I live 15 minutes away
I usually do maintenance on Sundays if I have time. Workdays happen at different times throughout the year also and are on the calendar on our web site. I think you can always come by and shoot on a Wednesday night if you are into IDPA Metrowest tactical used to have open practice and intro on Wed nights.

I actually was surprised at eh cut lumber pricing then I was appalled by the plywood price 52bucks a sheet for 3/8in!!! 88 for 1/2in!!
sad thing about that plywood - as long as some individuals still walk toward stands with shotguns and destroy them at point blank with buckshot - it will remain a problem.
it`s a ton of shotgun shells on the ground there past the bridge. really makes you wonder of how and when it gets done.

Stopped by to drop off the rest of the supplies and this is what I found… filthy pigs

Attachments

• 9D437C88-3AA6-4D4C-B74F-C6D21B1E1384.jpeg
    9D437C88-3AA6-4D4C-B74F-C6D21B1E1384.jpeg
    661.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 8225D6B7-9ABF-4780-B412-45F868F57CFD.jpeg
    8225D6B7-9ABF-4780-B412-45F868F57CFD.jpeg
    756.1 KB · Views: 64
  • B4B877A1-5EC9-4E3E-9F62-C2660A3E7D34.jpeg
    B4B877A1-5EC9-4E3E-9F62-C2660A3E7D34.jpeg
    697.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 953E7398-1B6F-4A89-B92E-E1B4B3C829B8.jpeg
    953E7398-1B6F-4A89-B92E-E1B4B3C829B8.jpeg
    774.5 KB · Views: 63
Stopped by to drop off the rest of the supplies and this is what I found… filthy pigs
Hate to say that but until cameras are set to monitor both the targets and range - vandalism is difficult to stop. Sad that somebody is doing that. All people I met there so far were decent folk. Go figure.

Would be good to ask to include those pictures in the weekly email club sends out.

Hate to say that but until cameras are set to monitor both the targets and range - vandalism is difficult to stop. Sad that somebody is doing that. All people I met there so far were decent folk. Go figure.

Would be good to ask to include those pictures in the weekly email club sends out.
Is there no check-in log/procedure to know who was there?

Back
Top Bottom