Harvard Sportsmen's Club

From what I've seen, golf is not less stressful, and I don't have the wardrobe for it anyway.
Accessorize; starting from the top down.
Judge_Smails_Fedora_1__20605.1631195819.png

We have 3000 members. I have no doubt that some of the damage is accidental and some is deliberate. How those figures compare and which causes more damage is anybody's guess.

I think the clean up at the 100 went well this morning. Jason and Tiny made short work of the backstop. New target frames and a new rack for the steel plates were installed and all the crap in the swamp was cut down so from the benches, you can actually see the target frames. Lots of help so we were done by 10:30. Hopefully the steel plate set up is a bit more a**h*** resistant. Only time will tell how well it will hold up.

I think the clean up at the 100 went well this morning. Jason and Tiny made short work of the backstop. New target frames and a new rack for the steel plates were installed and all the crap in the swamp was cut down so from the benches, you can actually see the target frames. Lots of help so we were done by 10:30. Hopefully the steel plate set up is a bit more a**h*** resistant. Only time will tell how well it will hold up.

Salute to the folk who went into the swamp in this heat!

Great working with y'all today. It looked great when I left.
so, as of about absolute impossibility to predict unpredictable.
or not so unpredictable. i`ve made it back to 100 from 50 where i was scoping new rifle - and found a group of fine gents, that were using new stands we made - all FIVE of them

they placed targets on the steel rack plywood as well, exactly in front of the brand new rod - and rod now has 3 through holes in it.
so the setup now looks like this:

AB845B2A-EDA9-4BFB-96DD-25B4CE7DA88A.jpeg

the 'no shoot' graffiti is not of my doing. :)

PS. it was very nice to meet everybody in the flesh, again.

Last edited:
so, as of about absolute impossibility to predict unpredictable.
or not so unpredictable. i`ve made it back to 100 from 50 where i was scoping new rifle - and found a group of fine gents, that were using new stands we made - all FIVE of them

they placed targets on the steel rack plywood as well, exactly in front of the brand new rod - and rod now has 3 through holes in it.
so the setup now looks like this:

View attachment 618796

the 'no shoot' graffiti is not of my doing. :)

PS. it was very nice to meet everybody in the flesh, again.
User studies are hard. Hopefully the writing will help the next guy to know better.

Great! Wish I could have helped today. I’ll be doing some CMP match practice there on Thursday, so I hope the plates are there still, will report otherwise…

Thanks to everyone that showed up I really appreciate the help we got everything done that was needed, I can’t thank you enough. Next time I go in the swamp I’m not wearing insulated waders.

Attachments

• 9C148905-B89C-4061-9724-7FF3270DC553.jpeg
    9C148905-B89C-4061-9724-7FF3270DC553.jpeg
    556.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 393C6D89-B016-4E1A-BE8D-89FE82E4C1D4.jpeg
    393C6D89-B016-4E1A-BE8D-89FE82E4C1D4.jpeg
    638.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 42E3A203-0EA0-4FFE-87FD-CB90E7CDA9F6.jpeg
    42E3A203-0EA0-4FFE-87FD-CB90E7CDA9F6.jpeg
    609.1 KB · Views: 41
The “No Shoot” on the plywood is working. There are only three holes in the pipe (assuming those were the ones Paul73 was referring to) and the chains are all unhit.

The left side post for the steel targets is getting chewed up by spall.

Isn't there a game camera at the back 40 range, mounted to the one of the support poles for the roof thingy? Maybe it is only used for animal monitoring?
Today at the IDPA match I noticed a game camera at the safe table at the clubhouse. I’m sure it’s been there but hadn’t noticed it until today lol

We had the USPSA Area 7 at Harvard a number of years ago during turtle season. They kept getting on the ranges so we had match staff keep picking them up and when we had 20 or so in a box, we would 4 wheel them to the woods on the other side of the entrance road. There were all about 6", but I saw a beautiful 12"+ snapper when dropping a batch off in the woods.

Back
Top Bottom