Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Thankfully all of us are already knee deep in this expensive hobby 😂
In other news,
I've got your new NES avatar.
Bm60RJ5.jpeg

At the 100 yard range, the post is getting chewed up with spall.

IMG_1833[1].JPG

And the first piece of plywood protecting the chains has broken. Someone ingeniously used a rolledup target and stapled it to the next piece of plywood to hold it together.

At the 100 yard range, the post is getting chewed up with spall.

View attachment 628032

And the first piece of plywood protecting the chains has broken. Someone ingeniously used a rolledup target and stapled it to the next piece of plywood to hold it together.
it is still holding up though - and it is a freaking record. it never was that long before.

I was talking to Mark yesterday and I think he's going to the club to work on the 100 yard range this weekend. The steel targets are down because people keep shooting the chains and he can't keep up. I know it's deliberate but it's impossible to prove and Mesatchornug I think a lift kit might be better than a sign. I know it would be more fun.
I bought a length of used conveyor belt to hang my steel gongs. Bullets literally bounce off the thick rubber and all you see from the bullet impact is small pinholes.

These guys are up in Maine

8 MOA is easily human torso at 100 yds. Perfectly acceptable, with iron sights.
Well, that's sort of my point... If you can shoot 8 MOA at 100 then you're not accidentally shooting down the plates. So either you're doing it deliberately or you're a really bad shot.

Well, that's sort of my point... If you can shoot 8 MOA at 100 then you're not accidentally shooting down the plates. So either you're doing it deliberately or you're a really bad shot.

Ya but my point is you could have an errant shot and say 9 MOA and you hit a chain.

That notwithstanding look at that spalling damage on the posts and the plywood. Most of those shots are on - this is NOT deliberate destruction.
If it was then all the chains would be down.

Yea, I believe it's not deliberate. I also believe in The Easter Bunny. They use scoped rifles and shoot the snap links that attach the chains.

Except the data don't support your allegation. Tons of spall, hundreds maybe thousands of rounds, and a few chains hit?

1656503292187.png

I don't think you understand the problem. Harvard has about 3000 members and many shoot at the 100. They produce lots of spall. Most shoot at the plates but a few shoot at the snap links. The plates were getting shot down every few days. Once the chains and connections were covered, the plates lasted about a month until the plywood got shot away exposing the chains again. Do you still believe this is all an accident?

I don't think you understand the problem. Harvard has about 3000 members and many shoot at the 100. They produce lots of spall. Most shoot at the plates but a few shoot at the snap links. The plates were getting shot down every few days. Once the chains and connections were covered, the plates lasted about a month until the plywood got shot away exposing the chains again. Do you still believe this is all an accident?
what gerry says is true, it is exactly what it was before. now steel is still hanging - we fixed it together today morning a bit, but, it was just a regular normal expected damage to lower mounts/bolts.
chains and upper links are all intact - so that non-stop pain is off now. 3 plates are in there, and it 'just works'.

I'm saying that you are speculating/have no proof and what you are saying is a fallacy. Sure it's a possibility but the facts actually suggest otherwise e.g. took a month to be a problem, and not all chains are shot.

"Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by stupidity" (ineptitude, if you will)

Until you see deliberate shooting of the chains with your own eyes, you have no proof.

Until you see deliberate shooting of the chains with your own eyes, you have no proof.
and why are you making such statements? have you moved a finger ever to get anything done there at 100yds range?
i have hanged brand new chains there to find them shot 7-8 times through the upper links specifically with no marks in mid-sections at all, on the next day. was it your doing as you get so worked up on that topic?

and, here is it, again. wednesday morning they were fine with no dings, thursday morning - as pictured.
1656616713502.png

Last edited:
and you know how many holes are in the pipe now?
exactly 3 - only those left by some imbecile who 'accidentally' placed his targets precisely on the cardboard in front of the brand new pipe we installed.

NO ONE had managed to hit the new pipe anymore since it was covered.

NO ONE was able to ding a single upper link anymore since they were all covered. it is the one and only 'proof' there.

and why are you making such statements? have you moved a finger ever to get anything done there at 100yds range?
i have hanged brand new chains there to find them shot 7-8 times through the upper links specifically with no marks in mid-sections at all, on the next day. was it your doing as you get so worked up on that topic?

and, here is it, again. wednesday morning they were fine with no dings, thursday morning - as pictured.
View attachment 632293

That's bullshit deliberate shooting there. I see cameras in the not to distant future to catch these cucks......

That's bullshit deliberate shooting there. I see cameras in the not to distant future to catch these cucks......
In a practical reality what we have now worked out perfectly fine. I hope all what will be needed there will be some bolts and nuts for plates - a minor nuisance.
Ruined upper links were major pita as to take shot one off , especially partially damaged ones, was some task.

I think yesterday I did not see a single bullet hole in upper planks there in front of chains. A lower one fell off, but, it is not critical.

Last edited:
In a practical reality what we have now worked out perfectly fine. I hope all what will be needed there will be some bolts and nuts for plates - a minor nuisance.
Ruined upper links were major pita as to take shot one off , especially partially damaged ones, was some task.

I think yesterday I did not see a single bullet hole in upper planks there in front of chains. A lower one fell off, but, it is not critical.
If someone can provide the width I have a bunch of older plywood that I can use to replace the cross pieces as they get chewed up...or I can just bring my tape measure next time. I don't have a battery powered saw.

I won't be able to replace that sweet graffiti though.

While your work is appreciated, it doesn't automatically make you right no matter what and therefore it's irrelevant to this conversation. Someone who hasn't worked on range X can still weigh in with their opinion.
They sure can.
Also can strip, put peacock feathers up their ass and frolic around for what I care. Not my problem.

Back
Top Bottom