Harvard Sportsmen's Club

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
The membership instructions online said you need a member to sponsor you. In practice, if I just show up to the membership meeting, will someone there sponsor my membership?

I was curious about this too. Given its proximity to my location, I'd like to make an effort to join up over there as well... they seem to have a pretty good set of facilities.

-Mike

Ya you need a sponsor,you could also just show up at a meeting and start talking to some people and get one of them to sponsor you.

Hell,I sponsored somebody I never even met last week.I just hope he doesn't go crazy with Tannerite or anything.

I know a bunch of guys at Harvard. I would fall over dead from shock if you showed up and DIDN'T get several dozen offers to sponsor you.

Great club, absolutely FANTASTIC people, amazing facilities. Just wish it were a little closer or I'd be a member there already and would sponsor you...

What are the dues, and what facilities do they have? Do they have 24x7 card-key access to the ranges, and is the clubhouse smoking or non-smoking?

Last edited:
dwarven1 said:
What are the dues, and what facilities do they have? Do they have 24x7 card-key access to the ranges, and is the clubhouse smoking or non-smoking?

If I recall correctly, annual dues plus initiation, last year, was $225. No sponsor is necessary -- the membership committee will take care of that for you.

IIRC, there are ashtrays in the clubhouse meeting room, but I don't recall that anyone was smoking.

There is 24 hr. access to the indoor range, and to the club grounds. Can't beat the Disney aspect to the club, what with the choice of so many ranges.

I don't go to Harvard a whole lot, but I really like it there.

C-X

You need to be separately qualified for the 200/300 yard ranges and the machine gun range, however, both of these ranges are run by comittees which are very welcoming to newcomers.

Back
Top Bottom