Has anyone ordered a Rock River Arms AR15?

Kept having FTE and double feeds with any mag I chose. Any and all ammo did it.

The thing was a brand new rifle, properly lubed up. Sent it in, ages to get back, same thing again. Hell, when I was shooting 200yds off hand the thing was still all over the place (16" barrel) went from normal factory loads to hand loads.

Did you give RRA a chance to make things right?

That's great, considering the uppers you linked to are only available in 1:8 twist. [grin]

-Mike
Grant. Oops. typo. I was waiting for people to piss and moan about the lack of 1:7 twist and a proper 5.56 chamber.

Don't you know. If you have anything other than a 1:7 twist and you try to shoot anything over 55 grain, it will keyhole like there is no tomorrow. ;-)

I'm just going to leave this here, not because it has anything to do with the thread, just because I'm in one of those moods today.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-or-Les-Baer?p=1272928&viewfull=1#post1272928

Give me 30 seconds with google and I can find a thread on any brand of firearm failing and then being allegedly being poorly supported by its maker. Comeon, get real.

How about going here and looking at a number of representative threads for a real answer.
http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Give me 30 seconds with google and I can find a thread on any brand of firearm failing and then being allegedly being poorly supported by its maker. Comeon, get real.

How about going here and looking at a number of representative threads for a real answer.
http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Did you read the thread? The frame was not forged. It was proven it was not forged. All companies make duds, but to not forge a frame then not offer a full replacement. That is more than poor customer service, it is downright despicable and bordering criminal.

you take your 30sec or what ever you need to validate your opinion on the internet, it is obviously where you go for your firearms knowledge. Some of us prefer real world experience

So you are now lowering yourself to personal insults. I guess that shows what kind of boy you are.

I don't know of any custom houses who actually forge their own frames. So its up to the honor of the supplier as to whether the frame is forged or not. I'm not challenging the fact that that frame, or more likely , that batch of frames was not forged.

I own two Les Baers. I shoot one competitively, not particularly well, but it gets used. I have no delusions about my skills, but I am very experienced. I have been shooting competitively for 25 years and always keep my ears open when someone with real wisdom wants to share.

Lets keep this civilized. I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing late 20s. But I'm probably wrong.

I'm not sure where you get the opinion that I get my info from the internet. I directed you to a Les Baer forum on a 1911 web site. Whats the harm there.

Have you ever worked for a company that actually made something?? When people are happy they pretty much keep it to themselves.
When people are unahppy they tell anyone who will listen. So again, please take a look at the thread I directed you to.

I am not saying that LB didn't possibly provide bad service. I'm saying that it is an anomaly. further, we only know one persons side of the story. Was the gun modified? How?
How old was the gun? bla bla bla. You know the drill.

I've spoken with Les Baer several times and he's a cantankerous old coot. If he thinks you are lieing to him about a problem with your gun, he may break your balls. is that an ideal way to run a company, maybe not. But he is VERY upfront about it. His guns do not come with a warranty. He'll tell you that up front. Instead he chooses to try to make everyone happy without the legal constraints of a written warranty. Its different way of doing things, but it works for 99.9% of his buyers.

So Supermotofirstplace spare me the insults.

Don

AR's are not like flavors of the month. If you do decide to get one, make sure to read this:
Oh No...

and spend some time on m4carbine.net learning about potential issues with RRA and how to address them.

So you are now lowering yourself to personal insults. I guess that shows what kind of boy you are.

So Supermotofirstplace spare me the insults.

Don

Really, you think that saying you get your info form the internet is a personal insult? well let me apologize dcmdomsoutheastCT

Well I didn't mean for this to turn into a whats better than RRA thread, I just merley asked if anyone ordered a RRA Rifle and if the turn around time I was quoted was accurate and if people were happy with thier purchase. I told you my reasons for buying a complete AR from them as I was uncomfortable building my own. I appreciate the comments but this went the complete opposite way it was intended to go. for all those that support the purchase I thank you, and for those who have bad experiences it happens with EVERY brand of ANYTHING out there. With the way things are mass produced there is always going to be lemons. You really should give the company a 2nd chance before you swear never to buy them again etc.

I'm sure this doesn't need to be said, but take that crap with a grain of sand. Opinions are like cocks on gun forums: everyone has one, they all think theirs is biggest, and they want to show you. One guy jams his AR because he forgot to maintain it, and the next day his buddy is online telling the world that brand AR is crap because it failed to function no matter what they tried.

Have a little patience - your AR will probably be here 6-8 weeks from purchase. Once it arrives, take good care of it and you'll have a fine time with it.

I'm not being that guy, I don't need to be that guy, but now you're sticking up for someone that went full retard saying 1:9 is a better and more accurate twist rate than 1:7 in everything under 62 gr....which is quite literally the words of a crazy person.

OK MichaelJR... you've overstepped your bounds here.

You may be keeper of the go-time clock, but only Timber can declare someone has gone "full retard".

I think you owe Timber an apology!

:)

I'm sure this doesn't need to be said, but take that crap with a grain of sand. Opinions are like cocks on gun forums: everyone has one, they all think theirs is biggest, and they want to show you. One guy jams his AR because he forgot to maintain it, and the next day his buddy is online telling the world that brand AR is crap because it failed to function no matter what they tried.

Have a little patience - your AR will probably be here 6-8 weeks from purchase. Once it arrives, take good care of it and you'll have a fine time with it.

I've had pretty good paitence so far, i try not to think about it. Usually I am one of those instant gratification guys when I want something I buy it the second I can. I never order something of this nature because when I want it I want it NOW but it seemed like a good deal and I was told RRA is a good company. Judging from other peoples comments in here now i'm questioning my purchase and that sucks. This certainly wasn't what I was looking to see when I started the thread lol oh well we shall see when I get it in. I'm going to have him call for an update on thursday to see where I stand. Knowing i'll have to wait a couple weeks more is better than just playing it by ear day by day.

I've had pretty good paitence so far, i try not to think about it. Usually I am one of those instant gratification guys when I want something I buy it the second I can. I never order something of this nature because when I want it I want it NOW but it seemed like a good deal and I was told RRA is a good company. Judging from other peoples comments in here now i'm questioning my purchase and that sucks. This certainly wasn't what I was looking to see when I started the thread lol oh well we shall see when I get it in. I'm going to have him call for an update on thursday to see where I stand. Knowing i'll have to wait a couple weeks more is better than just playing it by ear day by day.

Personally, I think RRA is a good choice for a first rifle. I have a bunch of RRA stuff and have never had any real issues with functioning or quality.

I did have a rifle built by them (9mm) and it does take a while.

I think you will be very happy with your rifle.

To answer the OP, I bought an AR from RRA in the fall and it took about 45 days; they gave an estimate of 30-45 days, and ended up being on the longer end of that estimate to send to my FFL. The good thing about that TacOp2 is the only mod it seems they'd have to make is pinning the stock, as it comes with a muzzle brake and rail mount in place of the bayo lug.

RRA was good enough for me. I'm not using is for duty or going to war with it. And maybe down the line, I'll have the desire to build a tier 1 AR--it seems if you're really into shooting to the point where the difference matters, you'd probably have a more than one AR anyways.

But for now, I'm lucky if I make it to a range to every 6 weeks and I think that extra 200-400 clams would be wasted on someone of my intermediate skill level. Plus, I can sell the RRA pricetag to the wife, whereas the additonal cash for a Larue Noveske or CD would have me on the couch.

For me, it's like buying Balvenie 21 for someone who just discoved Johnny Black. It's a waste. It's not that I don't recognize there's better stuff out there, but I know I wouldn't appreciate the additional benefits, so why spend the additional money?

I just called northshore firearms to have them check on the status and RRA said 45-60 more days umm ya I'm not waiting another 2 months for it. I'm pretty pissed off but now maybe I'll suck it up and put one together myself with the help of a friend. Or should I get a bushmaster or smith? Maybe something used? I dunno I'm pretty pissed off honestly.

I just called northshore firearms to have them check on the status and RRA said 45-60 more days umm ya I'm not waiting another 2 months for it. I'm pretty pissed off but now maybe I'll suck it up and put one together myself with the help of a friend. Or should I get a bushmaster or smith? Maybe something used? I dunno I'm pretty pissed off honestly.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/124511-AR15-s-Who-makes-the-best-ones-and-why

Post number 20 is all the info you need.

This is absurd. Stop being a jerk, please.

what - please reread the thread before you post. We were having a civilized disagreement when moto descended into personal insults. I've already said I am not going to reply to any further attacks by him.

to the OP. I'd be very pissed.

If you're looking for a duty style of gun, go to the famous m4carbine.net "Chart" and see what you like. But keep in mind that we all have different needs.

My SHTF gun is a plain jane Colt. It does well on "The Chart"
But for a fun gun, I could care less if the pins holding on the FSB are tapered or straight, if its finished under the fsb, or if the stock castle nut is properly staked. I'd rather have something thats more accurate for the money when I'm shooting a fun gun. but thats just me.

You might want to also consider giving Rainier arms a call and talking to them about your wants. I'm not sure of your needs.

Finally, keep this in mind. Building a lower takes very little skill and essentially no special tools. I have advised a couple of friends to build a lower, but then buy a completed upper with a properly headspaced Bolt carrier group.
It lets you get your feet wet on understanding how an AR works without all of the involvement of building an upper.

its kind of a middle step between building one completely from parts and buying a complete gun.

Another great place to consider buying a gun or an upper is from Global Tactical Supply. a.k.a. "Denny's Guns".
He's got decent prices on his custom built uppers. Occasionally he runs specials on uppers and they can be a steal. Like Rainier arms, he carries all the best stuff, BCM, LaRue, Troy, Vltor and can build you whatever you want.

Hope this helps.

Don

Last edited:
I'm about to say screw a rifle and just buy a glock! lol there is to many god damn options I want what I want and i don't wanna wait but thats not gonna happen so I don't know wtf to do.

I want a new toy now not 2 months from now =) lol and i wasn't blessed with Paitence being a strong suit of mine. I know its bad. haha Thanks Don!

Back
Top Bottom