• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has anyone started fishing yet?

Anyone start poking around for Stripers yet? I am getting pumped for it! Been going through my stuff, wish there was a place in central MA that sold a decent selection of salt water stuff but I understand why there isn't... I need to grab a few things. Might be in Harwich for work in the next week or two and am taking a week vacation in Yarmouth the May 16-23. Can't wait.

Anyone start poking around for Stripers yet? I am getting pumped for it! Been going through my stuff, wish there was a place in central MA that sold a decent selection of salt water stuff but I understand why there isn't... I need to grab a few things. Might be in Harwich for work in the next week or two and am taking a week vacation in Yarmouth the May 16-23. Can't wait.

There's a huge on-line selection. Plenty of time before your vacation.

Ya I do get some stuff but like to browse too at the same time. I definitely prefer buying in person to actually see what I am getting when I am buying something I haven't used or bought before.

i was shooting blackfish already this time last year, i don't plan on getting in the water for at least another 3 weeks

Not yet, think the shad just started running though. Haven't been down to the Cape in a while but I'm sure can find good selection in Yarmouth area, think it was a place in Bourne I went to had pretty good selection. Name escapes me.

Anyone start poking around for Stripers yet? I am getting pumped for it! Been going through my stuff, wish there was a place in central MA that sold a decent selection of salt water stuff ... Can't wait.

Yeah, I miss "The Fair" and "Spag's" too.

Quabbin opens tomorrow after a two week delay (one would have been plenty). Supposed to be cold, rainy, and windy. I'll most likely pass. Opening day has long been a big event. Folks with their trucks and boats line up by the dozens outside the gates the night before and party late into the evening, sleep in their trucks, and wait in line to launch at 6 am. By Sunday morning, though, you'll be able to pull in at 7 am and launch almost immediately.

KJM, you know I will be in the water this week. Those rock piles we talk about on the other site should light up any day now. Cheers Bro

So there are no stripers I want to go fishing on the ocean this weekend any one knownits there are any fish?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Also im gonna be doing some freshwater fishing next weekend if anyone wants to join

So there are no stripers I want to go fishing on the ocean this weekend any one knownits there are any fish?

I know for a fact of a few small schoolies caught in Buzzards Bay. The water is still a couple degrees under 50 so things are gonna be a little slow till it gets a little warmer. I think its supposed to be really nice Fri, Sat, Sun so that should help. This weekend should be one of the best times thus for to fish. its only gonna get better but I wouldn't expect to land a monster though you never know. The little guys are gonna show up first but the bigger ones wont be far behind. I hope it stays nice. I am going down to fish the 16-26 of May and the way we have been going it is gonna take a while to warm up.

I know for a fact of a few small schoolies caught in Buzzards Bay. The water is still a couple degrees under 50 so things are gonna be a little slow till it gets a little warmer. I think its supposed to be really nice Fri, Sat, Sun so that should help. This weekend should be one of the best times thus for to fish. its only gonna get better but I wouldn't expect to land a monster though you never know. The little guys are gonna show up first but the bigger ones wont be far behind. I hope it stays nice. I am going down to fish the 16-26 of May and the way we have been going it is gonna take a while to warm up.

Good point imminent all the way over here in the Merrimack valley so it's hard to get down to the cape you know 2 hour drive

If anyone is headed out to do some off shore fishing this weekend and would like some company let me know I can meet you down there.

My g.f will be away untill sunday night so it will be a major fishing weekend for me!

There catching stripers in the hudson. So at least their moving north

Hudson nh? I dont have a saltwater permit for nh but im sure I can get one? I got the mass one for $10 when I got my freshwate r permit online

Hudson nh? I dont have a saltwater permit for nh but im sure I can get one? I got the mass one for $10 when I got my freshwate r permit online

I'm thinking NY, as the waters in CT are still a bit cool.

---------------------------------------
From NH site:

Reciprocity

Anglers possessing a valid NH Recreational Saltwater License can legally fish in all tidal and estuarine areas of Massachusetts and in Maine up to Cape Neddick. Reciprocity will be granted in NH for those nonresident anglers possessing a valid Maine or Massachusetts saltwater license.

My dad's got an all day cod/haddock charter on Sunday with 5 guys, I'll be going out to help bait lines and cut fish. First time I'll be out this year.

I'm thinking NY, as the waters in CT are still a bit cool.

---------------------------------------
From NH site:

Reciprocity

Anglers possessing a valid NH Recreational Saltwater License can legally fish in all tidal and estuarine areas of Massachusetts and in Maine up to Cape Neddick. Reciprocity will be granted in NH for those nonresident anglers possessing a valid Maine or Massachusetts saltwater license.
Sweet looks like one day of saltwater and a day or fresh this weekend im definitely gonna try and get out both days. Any suggestions on saltwater im pretty new and only havr been a couple times. I just bought a saltwater surf castor rod.

My dad's got an all day cod/haddock charter on Sunday with 5 guys, I'll be going out to help bait lines and cut fish. First time I'll be out this year.

Thats really cool. Have saltwater charters started in the cape yet?

I haven't gone saltwater yet this year, but I'm going to get my surfcaster re-strung this weekend and head out at some point. Probably Saturday afternoon somewhere on the Cape/ canal. I have a dream... It involves a beautiful Spring morning, shooting a nice Tom in the morning, and catching a fat Striper in the evening. Some day it will happen. [wink]

Nashua river has produced a few jig fish for me so far. Main river at the entrance to the oxbow was the only place that produced so far.

I haven't gone saltwater yet this year, but I'm going to get my surfcaster re-strung this weekend and head out at some point. Probably Saturday afternoon somewhere on the Cape/ canal. I have a dream... It involves a beautiful Spring morning, shooting a nice Tom in the morning, and catching a fat Striper in the evening. Some day it will happen. [wink]

You'll need to go outer cape , look for an outflow ..you'll find a striper , may not be fat but you'll find one there.

I have some 25lb line on my surfcaster now. Looking to get some 50lb braid any suggestions on a good braided line?

Sounds like a good day but dont know what a tom is?

Nashua river has produced a few jig fish for me so far. Main river at the entrance to the oxbow was the only place that produced so far.
Jig fish?

You'll need to go outer cape , look for an outflow ..you'll find a striper , may not be fat but you'll find one there.
Can u pin point a goof place on the map!

I have some 25lb line on my surfcaster now. Looking to get some 50lb braid any suggestions on a good braided line?
I use Power Pro Slick 8 50# on my surf reels

Sounds like a good day but dont know what a tom is?
A male turkey

Jig fish?
A fish caught using jigs

Can u pin point a goof place on the map!
Look for rivers with outflows into the ocean , fish the "choke point" where it curve and fish can trap bait.

Questions answered

Back
Top Bottom