• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has anyone taken the CBP Officer exam?

I'm taking my Customs and Border Patrol officer exam on Friday. Wondering if anybody else on here head over taking it period any pointers? Mistakes to avoid? Any input is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

First, it's Customs and Border Protection.

It's a mostly common sense. Nothing really tough or tricky. Best advice is I can give you is get a good night sleep, caffeinate and arrive EARLY.

The good thing about these Fed civil service tests are they are on the up and up, for the most part. Score high enough, get the job. None of this Massachusetts BS of having to be a state reps cousin or knowing a mayor or someone.

Good luck.

Exam not is not hard. You will be in GA at the federal academy running around like your back in boot camp again lol.

Well I passed the entrance exam. Now it's on to the polygraph, structured interview, background check Etc. Honestly, I'm pretty freakin excited. This is something I'm always wanted to do

Well I passed the entrance exam. Now it's on to the polygraph, structured interview, background check Etc. Honestly, I'm pretty freakin excited. This is something I'm always wanted to do

I am a Border Patrol Agent in Arizona. Wife is a Customs officer at the Port. look for the Border Patrol hiring announcement as well. They are currently sharing all the same requirements during the process. Meaning if you pass the poly, Drug, Medical, oral board/interview and background with either one it will check it off for both jobs. You just need to pass the initial test of both. Then you can just sit back and wait for one to call and you can take either one based on the location offered.

Exam wasn't too bad. Long, but not too bad.
Looks like it's a pretty long hiring process with a lot of steps. I guess I'm about halfway through them all at this point.

I'm so worried about my CBP entrance exam because I don't think iam going to pass it. So now I'm not sure if I should even take it, because I failed the practice test. Says it's 80 questions and you need a 70% to pass which means you can only miss 24. That is not very many at all and math is my weak point. I wanted to try it and see what happens but I think iam just wasting my time.

I'm so worried about my CBP entrance exam because I don't think iam going to pass it. So now I'm not sure if I should even take it, because I failed the practice test. Says it's 80 questions and you need a 70% to pass which means you can only miss 24. That is not very many at all and math is my weak point. I wanted to try it and see what happens but I think iam just wasting my time.

Welcome to the forum.

Now that you've discovered a weakness - ATTACK IT!!!!
Find a mentor to help you.
Take a class.
Hire a tutor.
Google; Learn Math Online.
Get after it!
Don't let that one obstacle prevent you from attaining your goal!

You can take it multiple times. It's probably the hardest part of getting into CBP, which is kinda sad in the grand scheme of things.

You will get your results and know where you are weak. Take steps to fix those areas and retake it. CBP needs good people, boy howdy, do they need good people.

HI, I took the entrance exam on 12/22/23 but I have not received the results yet. I've seen that people that have passed received their results right away. I honestly don't think I did well, perhaps that's why I haven't received my results. I'm turning 40 soon so I won't be able to retry. I'll keep trying to get a job with CBP regardless. Good luck to those trying!
LS

Back
Top Bottom