• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

hate e-bay

Tried to list a troy industries m1a chassis and it was yanked in minutes..[angry2][angry2][angry2]
In most cases: do not mention model numbers or platforms for any firearm that could find it's way on to any state's ban list. Examples:

HK-91 Trigger Housing (yank)
HK Trigger Housing (I see listings all the time)

AR-15 stripped (yank)
AR stripped upper (yank)
5.56 stripped upper (usually survives)

I've had listings get yanked after I paid for the items, but the stuff arrived - so watch for that too. Ironically, you could list a "brain vaporizing plasma cannon" and I bet the listing would stay up until sold.

Do yourself a favor and stop now and call it a day.

I spent hours on the phone talking to Malaysians about the AWB to no avail.

I had a muzzle brake that was yanked because it COULD be used on an AWB.

Dozens of other listings where there still there but mine was yanked.

Put it on GunBroker or NES.

Don't waste you time on eBay.

There are over 1500 listings in the Hunting category with "AR15" in the description. There is even an ebay category labeled "ar 15 rifle". As for muzzle brakes there are 11 ebay categories with close to 1900 listings. there numerous listings for AR barrels, in fact I sold a barrel just recently on ebay.

I have never had a problem selling any gun related part. The rules just say no ammo, no guns or receivers.

There are over 1500 listings in the Hunting category with "AR15" in the description. There is even an ebay category labeled "ar 15 rifle". As for muzzle brakes there are 11 ebay categories with close to 1900 listings. there numerous listings for AR barrels, in fact I sold a barrel just recently on ebay.

I have never had a problem selling any gun related part. The rules just say no ammo, no guns or receivers.

Some things get flagged and some don't.

Good luck having "AR15" on your listing and risk getting it flagged.

I can assure you that Malaysians who answer the phone have no idea was the difference between a post ban and AWB rifle is.

I was on the phone for hours even talking to their supervisors to no avail.

Rules also say "no part that can be used on an assault weapon".

Look up this:

"Parts or accessories for assault weapons. Listings that mention capability with an assault weapon, even if the part or accessory fits non-assault weapons, are also prohibited."

Article on subject:

eBay ban AW components

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/daniel-zimmerman/ebay-bans-assault-weapon-components/

Lots of listing may fall through the cracks but it is not worth it.

Some things get flagged and some don't.

Good luck having "AR15" on your listing and risk getting it flagged.

I can assure you that Malaysians who answer the phone have no idea was the difference between a post ban and AWB rifle is.

I was on the phone for hours even talking to their supervisors to no avail.

Rules also say "no part that can be used on an assault weapon".

Look up this:

"Parts or accessories for assault weapons. Listings that mention capability with an assault weapon, even if the part or accessory fits non-assault weapons, are also prohibited."

Article on subject:

eBay ban AW components

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/daniel-zimmerman/ebay-bans-assault-weapon-components/

Lots of listing may fall through the cracks but it is not worth it.

Well how do you explain all the assault weapon parts listed?

I recently purchased a Fortis low profile gas block on ebay along with 10 round .223/5/56 magazines and a custom muzzle brake.

Last edited:
Don't bother. I posted up a stock and other bolt on accessories for an SKS and it was yanked. When I called abd asked why I was told it was against the rules. When I pointed out there were many other sellers listing the same components I was told they probably had not caught them yet. Yea! right! More like those sellers were in the+10000 sales and I was in the -200 sales.
Lately they changed the fee schedule around as well. I think they are now giving a discount on shipping through eBay but charging on the entire transaction including shipping when they calculate the fee. I sold like 120$ and got a bill for fees of 30$. The shipping on the items (all lg and heavy) was over 100$.

Well how do you explain all the assault weapon parts listed?

I recently purchased a Fortis low profile gas block on ebay along with 10 round .223/5/56 magazines and a custom muzzle brake.

They claim that those people are in violation but have not been flagged yet.

some stuff ebay does not like; I had a Vietnam-era ammo POUCH pulled as it was for AR mags. [rolleyes]

I've had fiber shotshell wads pulled, and others go to final sale.

If it's borderline, and you want to sell it, list it. If it's yanked, you have not spent anything, as listing is free.

I've run parallel auctions on ebay and Gunbroker, and got more $ from the ebay lisings.

Ebay is in business to make them money, not you...if you can make a buck then they don't mind.

NO venue is perfect...that's why there's an Itrader section here on NES.

Overall, I've had excellent dealings with gun-stuff ebayers. The only one that went "bad" was an unpaid stock for a 10/22 (currently listed, seller Manyjunks http://www.ebay.com/usr/manyjunks). NESers will get the handling fee waived! [party]

Back
Top Bottom