Have you ever asked a gun store to hold onto a gun for you

MG2112

NES Member
All

Has anybody ever called a gun store and asked them to hold onto
a gun for you? I have a gun scoped out (no pun intended) and
want to make sure it's there when I arrive to buy it.

Will a gun store or dealer do this? I only talking like
a day or so.

Thanks

Made a $50 down payment and the held it for two weeks with no issue. Four Seasons says on their web site they will hold if you call.

I've done it a few times at FS on just a phone call, since I live quite a distance away.

They bent over backwards to accomodate me and make me happy each time!

I also had a case where I was out of state for an extended period on business, and couldn't pick up a gun I had already bought for six months. No problem at all, and it was the last of limited number model.

I have also done it at Four Seasons many times, I live on the Cape and Carl and Matt have pulled it off the shelf or out of the case on a phone call alone.

I've done this on a phone call or Email 5 places that I can recall, possibly 6. In no case was I asked to put money down, but all (except one of) the shops/people I was dealing with knew me. In one case it was a special order and I offered to pay up front (cc) and they said "not necessary". In 3 of those cases, it was my first gun purchase from that shop.

Hell, Carl at FS ordered a gun for me without as much as a deposit. I was looking for an 870 with a deer barrel and synthetic stock and he said he'd call it in and it would be there in a week or so. I asked if he wanted a deposit and he said "no, if you say you want it I'll order it. No problem."

I had FS do it years ago when the WASR's would show up and be sold out right away. I got the e-mail, called ahead and asked them to save one for me which they did.

So what and where is the gun so we can buy it out from under you... :) Just kidding. Give them a call they will most likely hold it for you.

First Defense held a gun for me, only needed an hour and a half for the ride there. i found out someone was eyeballing it before i got there.

oh my god! do people out there know that there are more shops out there than FS? must be about 50 plugs in this thread for them. any decent shop will hold a firearm if you are serious about it, with or without a deposit!

All

The SIG P239 9mm 2-tone was waiting for me this morning at First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge. Nice store, even nicer people. Great experience
all the way around. GREAT GUN as well. Very happy with my purchase and the customer service I received at First Defense.

Back
Top Bottom