Having to click links twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProGun

NES Member
Not sure why this is happening:

I often need to click a link TWICE to get the page to load here on NES. I'm running Firefox on a Mac (OS X 10.7.5).

I've Googled it? Would Adobe Flash cause this? I am going to try turning it off, but that will impact alot of websites.

I've had nothing but bad luck with Windows machines, so went to a Mac 2 years ago and honestly, no regrets. No blue screens, no shutdowns, it just works. Kinda like my Glocks...always works.

I've had nothing but bad luck with Windows machines, so went to a Mac 2 years ago and honestly, no regrets. No blue screens, no shutdowns, it just works. Kinda like my Glocks...always works.

I went the other direction about 3-4, or so, years back. Got fed up with the BS from [cr]apple and got rid of the last computer of theirs I had. Been running Win7 on my tower since not long after it was released. Very little issues with it. Far less than I faced with [cr]apple systems. Of course, I also know how to set these up right, don't load the vendor crap, etc.

BTW, I supported mac's for several years. So when people believe the line about never having issues, crashes, etc. I know better.

Anyhoo, have you tried a different browser, like Chrome? How about disabling any recently added plugins? Or rolling back to before a recent update was applied?

I haven't tried Chrome, I'll give that a shot. Any other browsers you recommend?

Nope... I don't use IE if at all possible, going with Firefox for virtually all my web surfing. I wouldn't use safari if you paid me.

If Chrome also does the same thing, check to see what updates were most recently applied. You could also try going into single user mode and do a fsck-fy on the system (if they let you still).

Dry disabling any addons in your browser. I have had a few issues in the past that addons were causing. Firefox seems to be the most stable of the browsers. IE is a train wreck and Chrome also seems to have some odd issues. Unfortunately I have a few apps that only work on IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom