• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HB 696 and HB 564

So frustrated with the clowns in Concord. I moved up here 2 years ago from MA to get away from asinine gun laws. Very sad to see these steps backwards up here.

Excuse my ignorance but what are the next steps on these bills? Does Sununu have to sign these for them to be enacted? Hoping these don't become law.

Testified at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on HB696 today. It has passed the House and the Senate will likely pass it on a party-line vote. Then it's up to the Governor to veto it, which will probably happen during the summer. I think there is some risk that he may "pocket sign" 696, which means he will let it sit on his desk until it automatically enacts without actually signing it. It's hard to veto a bill which says it protects elderly and otherwise "vulnerable" people from predatory caregivers. It will be important for all 2A patriots to show up at the State House on the veto day, to demonstrate support for the Governor and to show the Reps and Sens how many votes they will lose if they override.

Back
Top Bottom