• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HB84 An Act relative to carrying a loaded rifle, shotgun, or crossbow in a vehicle or

Originally, this bill would have removed the prohibition on a loaded rifle in or on a vehicle.

The committee gutted the bill with an amendment and made that prohibition no longer apply to motor homes and ONLY when the motorhome is stationary and unable to be driven (AKA hooked up to electric service or keys locked and stowed away). It would still apply to anything else considered a vehicle.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billtext.aspx?sy=2017&txtFormat=amend&id=2017-0160H

Frankly this bill is worthless.

Well, if I had to choose between this and the con carry bill, I would take con carry every day of the week and twice on Sundays. We can always go back and adjust this one later.

So what's the process to get this rewritten and passed the way it was originally intended? My rep is real good and would like to ask him to get to work on this.

So what's the process to get this rewritten and passed the way it was originally intended? My rep is real good and would like to ask him to get to work on this.

At the moment, the only way to change anything is to have a senator submit an amendment once it gets to the senate.

Verbally brow beat the bitches that altered it and make it clear you're going to walk door to door in their district next election with 50 of your friends to make sure they are punted from office

Seriously......we would only have to do this a couple of times before this bullshit would be stopped dead in its tracks\

No one would propose any such alterations in the future out of fear of becoming the target of such a removal from office campaign

The hard part of that is the fact that Rep James Webb (amendment sponsor) is from Derry, which is a 10 seat district. It is not impossible to take Webb out in the primary, but it will be very difficult.

Wait, so this bill now only applies to stationary motorhomes?? What about my truck? What about snowmobiles/ATVs? Confused here.

Yep, the committee castrated the bill. If it passes it just takes away one of the original justifications for repealing the RSA, making it more difficult to try again next year with the original bill text.

Yep, the committee castrated the bill. If it passes it just takes away one of the original justifications for repealing the RSA, making it more difficult to try again next year with the original bill text.

So we should try to kill it then.

Back
Top Bottom