Heading to Melbourne Australia

speedy

NES Member
Going on a 2 week business trip to Australia soon. What are must see and must do while in Melbourne. Have already located a few shops and ranges in the area. Not sure what the laws are. Will have to ask the local contacts once I am in town. Any good bring backs? Food wise, hard to find items other than in Australia, etc. Have researched the area but what to hear from the experienced. Just missed the formula race a few weeks back.

I have been to Australia I think 4 times now...but unfortunately never get any real time off..i believe Melbourne is near or on the water...but two weeks there you will def find some fun.

Kangaroo steaks to eat while there and you'll be surprised by the selection of souvenir items made from 'roo parts.

Aussie wines are always a good bring back- as are croc leather items and opal jewelry.

Heading into fall- Melbourne is the center of Aussie Rules Football- try to catch a game.

Each Australian state is particularly loyal to the local beers- but nobody drinks Fosters. Have a VB- but I was partial to the brews from Cooper's.

Its true nobody there drinks Fosters and VB is alright depending on your taste. Try to get some sleep on the flight, the jet lag killed me.

Well bring back wine. I was in Adelaide for a month back in September last year, and I'm going to Perth next week.

Well bring back wine. I was in Adelaide for a month back in September last year, and I'm going to Perth next week.

bring your sunblock...isnt that where the ozone hole is the greatest? you have to get over to Rotnests island while in perth if you can..fun little day trip.

bring your sunblock...isnt that where the ozone hole is the greatest? you have to get over to Rotnests island while in perth if you can..fun little day trip.

Well I'm there long. But I'm going to see my first Aussie Rules game while I'm there. Fell in love with the game last time I was there.

Back
Top Bottom