• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal posted this on Twitter about 30 minutes ago

"@MassGovernor will be on @wgbhnews radio today at 11AM, call in, ask where he stands on @MassAGO anti freedom actions. 877-301-8970"

everyone call all this number and ask baker!!!!!

"@MassGovernor will be on @wgbhnews radio today at 11AM, call in, ask where he stands on @MassAGO anti freedom actions. 877-301-8970"

fix it for you

Let me see if I got the broadest strokes here:

- no copies of automatic rifles sold (ar/ak, etc)

- no private transfers thereof

Now I'm a bit confused on a point or two. I read here that this basically extends to all semi auto rifles. There are a lot out there with no automatic counterpart. Just offhand I'm thinking of the hi point, sub2k, Barrett, sks, Among others. They don't fit into the "copy" category, so they're still good to go?

Not necessarily good to go. From the guidance doc:

"A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon. Under this test, a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate, for example, if the operating system and firing mechanism of the weapon are based on or otherwise substantially similar to one of the Enumerated Weapons.

So it would appear to depend on what "substantially similar" means to the gun grabbers who hate you and don't want to you own guns.

So if telescoping stocks modified to not telescope and flash hiders modified to be muzzle breaks have no impact on lethality - why have the liberals all along been banning them because those things make the gun more lethal? It must be awesome to be able to have both sides of an argument working for you!! [angry]

NRA-ILA
Yesterday, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey announced that she wants to further restrict the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Massachusetts citizens by arbitrarily changing the way her office enforces the state’s existing “assault weapons” ban.
Massachusetts state law currently prohibits the possession of “assault weapons” and large capacity feeding devices (defined as devices capable of holding certain amounts of ammunition) and “copies or duplicates of the weapons.” This law mirrors the federal “assault weapons” ban that expired in 2004.

Attorney General Healey claims that gun manufacturers across the state have been selling firearms to citizens that they claim are compliant with the law, but that she says would be considered “copies or duplicates” of the “assault weapons” prohibited for possession under Massachusetts law.
By doing so, Attorney General Healey has over stepped her boundaries as Attorney General and created a new definition outside of the statute that currently regulates so-called “assault weapons” in Massachusetts. This new definition could lead to a total ban of all semi-automatic firearms in the state.
Your NRA-ILA will be working tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners in Massachusetts by looking into the legal options available to fight this egregious attack. Please stay tuned to your email inbox and www.nraila.org for further updates on this issue.

Glock 18 = machine gun (pistol) assault weapon

glock 19 = semi auto version of assault weapon hence ILLEGAL!

so... are all glocks that can share a part with the 18 assault weapons?

ughHHHHHHHHH

He already publicly stated that he sides with the fascists in the glob article.

Glock 18 = machine gun (pistol) assault weapon

glock 19 = semi auto version of assault weapon hence ILLEGAL!

so... are all glocks that can share a part with the 18 assault weapons?

ughHHHHHHHHH

Yep, the broad brush strokes of this are insane. Insanity in a pant suit.

This is exactly what I was thinking about when I brought this up.

There was also the incident a few years back where the kids were taking license plates off of school teacher's cars and town officials cars and then running thru the redlight cameras so they were all getting tickets in the mail. That was epic level trollery and was just simply awesome.

When I was in high school - kids used to constantly pull the fire alarms. The school would empty out - the fire department would get called - etc. I remember the "worst" day it happened three times. The school officials were pissed, the fire dept was pissed - etc. So they started putting the gobs of the blue dye stuff that goes into bank bags during a robbery onto the handles of all the fire alarms. That stopped it for a while - then somebody figured out you just wear a rubber glove and take it off after you pull the alarm.

See this is where I seriously think "conservatives" are just moron level stupid. Tell this kind of stuff to average liberal shit-stirrer - and they'd be all over it. They're chaining themselves to drums in the middle of the highway - shooting up cities - and just generally doing crap to stir things up.

Tell gun owners they need to think outside the box - and all they do is whine about how it will never work. Dropping a piece of brass on the ground somewhere where it will cause a shitstorm is an almost no risk proposition if you're not an idiot. And the pages of NES are chock full of threads about where brass sent things into lockdown.

I seriously wonder why I even have to explain this shit to people - and the fact that I do makes me wonder if trying to fight crap like what Healey pulled yesterday is even worth the goddam effort.

Fundamental difference between libtard shit stirrers and most guns owners:

1. Having a ****ing job and a responsibility to support family, not FSAing on someone else's dime.
2. If arrested = suitability, if felon = PP for life.

Gun owners are trapped in the legal maze that they created. We started with sensible laws shit, and then obeyed them to the letter, so much so that we are afraid to stir shit up to loose whatever remaining "rights" that we still have.

This is why any response to any gun laws or regulations should be **** you! No compromise of any kind, none of this sensible shit. We need to do away with Hughes amendment, we need to go back to the root of "shall not infringe" Anyone who says that a little rape is OK is either moonbat or a traitor.

Mass has officially become a communist republic, Maura is the dictator with Baker being in full support of her actions. What a sad day for this state. I wonder what the founding fathers would think of this.

No more than 5 rounds semiauto shutgun is legal.

- - - Updated - - -

It's done folks. No one in MA can/would stop her. It's a done deal. Gun owners are minority here.

No more than 5 rounds semiauto shutgun is legal.

Nope, read her guidance letter again. It literally only says "2) semiautomatic shotgun," not "semiautomatic shotgun with non-removable magazine with a capacity less than 5 rounds," and combines it with the similarity or interchangeability tests.

That means every autoloader is subject to the two tests regardless of magazine detach-ability or capacity.

Mass has officially become a communist republic, Maura is the dictator with Baker being in full support of her actions. What a sad day for this state. I wonder what the founding fathers would think of this.

Has become?

I think it has happened a long time ago brother.

thanks. I'm at work and on my cell phone didn't wanna waste time with the font and size. Thanks again

You need to tell them that she is applying two new "tests" to determine the equivalency of a firearm to one that is banned. These tests are not part of the original law (neither the predicating federal law or the state law that modeled it). It is completely disingenuous for someone to claim "she is just enforcing existing law".

People need to keep this in mind when calling legislators, governor, etc. There is a bit of verbal judo at play. I'm sure Healey has disseminated talking points at all levels and we see they are starting to sift into these calls. Those so inclined will pull your tail a little bit during these interactions. Have facts ready to push back at them.

Some little "Twirp" in the governors office telling me she is just enforcing the existing law. So I said then your telling me that the AG's for the last 20 years failed in their responsibility to do that? Idiots

There are several categories that need to be determined:

1. SBRs for which Form 4s are in progress, and are already at the MA dealer.

2. SBRs at the MA dealer that are fully paid, but the Form 4 has not been initiated.

3. New to MA SBRs, not yet paid for or delivered.

4. Since Form 1 is "manufacture", the AG might tell the ATF that a Form 1 would be in violation of MGL. It is not, however, manufacture of a new gun under state law, so it should be OK. But, that's what we thought about pre-ban AWs.

The AG has a offered to "assist" dealers. I have asked my dealer to contact the AG and find out her position regarding Form 4 transfer of SRBs that are fully paid at the dealer, but not yet approved for transfer by the feds.

i think the answer will be: riiiiight: whats a form 1?

it looks like up to a few weeks ago ,when" someone" loose lipped about the a.w.b in MA , they actually thought it meant no sales of ar 15's.

Did anyone get to as gun store today? What is still available for purchase? Semi auto handguns? Less scary semi auto rifles?

Called my senator and rep to voice my displeasure,called Baker's office and they said the AG is interpeting the law correctly.

Of course she interpeted it correctly. She made that "law" and even left herself a sweet spot to change it whenever, whatever she wants in the future.

Just left a message with Charlie Bakers aid "Bob".
Told him this was a blatant abuse of power, that she just make a felon out of thousands of law abiding MA residents, and that I expect him to take a stand against this tyranny.

AG unilaterally writes her own law.

Then you guys come in here asking a million questions about what is legal and what is not. Exactly what is unclear about the idea that WHATEVER SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO BUY IS ILLEGAL.

That is what just happened. She made illegal anything she deems fit to ban. You can guarantee that is going to mean every mag fed firearm. That mean pistols rifles and shotguns.

Also it should be crystal clear that "preban" no longer exists unless you personally owned the firearm before the AWB and can prove it. If you bought it after, its illegal according to her period.

Did anyone get to as gun store today? What is still available for purchase? Semi auto handguns? Less scary semi auto rifles?

I went yesterday, I didn't see any semi-automatic rifles period. He had a dozen lowers, those were all gone. Phone was ringing every two seconds.

Called my senator and rep to voice my displeasure,called Baker's office and they said the AG is interpeting the law correctly.

Baker needs to be thrown out of Repub party with shit broom. If R's allow RHINOs to remain, they can't claim anything to do with conservatism. I don't know if any of you are active republicans, but this issue has to brought up. ****ing Baker needs to feel the pain and never get any support of the R party (I know it's the other side of the coin, but still)

If republicans (Trump included) want to associate with treasonous pieces of shit like Baker, they need to feel the pain. At least when Hitlery comes, everything will be illegal so I can get my MGs on, i.e. no one will have anything left to loose.

The founding fathers would have organized a militia to go hang the tyrants. That's not going to happen these days which is why I'm looking for an apartment and job in NH. MA has gone full retard. I ain't raising my kid here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom