• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the angle right there, even for Democrat legislators in this state. Do they want the AG to set that precedent here for another AG to use on the (imaginary, but leave that part out) War Again't Women in amother state where a conservative AG is elected?

On top of usurping the power of the legislature and reinterpreting state and a previous federal law to be enforced in a new way.

Same arrogant attack can stop selling cigarettes, soda, hamburgers with more than 40% fat, ...whatever. We do not have constitution for display only. In any private enterprise those who overstep their power are terminated immediately. They are dictators who can't work with a team. They are TOXIC members of the executive team and they sway company's culture in a very wrong direction.

I remember at at the last rally someone had a sign "ebt reform" that got a lot of attention .
and opened up a large headache for deval Patrick. Ebt fraud was spotlighted shortly after.

Sure, but it's out of scope of the issue we're addressing. Causing them headaches on other issues is all well and good... But if we can't effect change in the most pressing issue... It's just spite versus productive activity.

You shouldn't be giving shitty advice. You should be present on 7/20/16 at the state house to voice your beliefs.

My common sense says don't even carry tomorrow, but this entire forum is filled with 'go time' and 'cordwood' talk that I'm surprised at the push back on carrying a firearm legally at the protest.

You shouldn't be giving shitty advice. You should be present on 7/20/16 at the state house to voice your beliefs.

Will you be there with a loaded AR?

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I'll be in NH. I stay out of MA as much as possible. For the same reason our family left CT after they passed new gun laws.

Just saying, if you're not ready to fight, save your energy and move out because a rally that's not an armed mob isn't going to change what happened.

[video]https://youtu.be/dsx2vdn7gpY[/video]

Sorry, I had to lighten things up a little bit.

More accurately:

[video]https://youtu.be/Z0h2Wk6-C_I[/video]

Bahahaha, The second one is way better. "Let's work the problem people!"

While I was watching I was assigning roles to things, Who would the Grumman guy represent?

And is the spacecraft our civil rights? [rofl]

Sure, but it's out of scope of the issue we're addressing. Causing them headaches on other issues is all well and good... But if we can't effect change in the most pressing issue... It's just spite versus productive activity.
I respectfully disagree ,
it bring an angry throng up to their doorstep and exposes the b.s. Being inflicted on the taxpayers
just like flipping on the light and exposing the cockroaches.

They would rather stay in the dark and get paid, and not have the light shone on them.

Last edited:
Guys, if we are going to make it about guns we will contribute to an existing hysteria. We know from our phone calls and emails that our representatives were surprised by such single minded decision. Let's play their game. Do we want such a dictator in our leadership team? Do we want to support such unprofessional behavior? At the time when we should be all united in our war on terror we have a bad apple here and this bad apple is making criminals from all of us without a trial. She has lost our trust. She can't interpret constitution and she can't set us up for jail. We do not appreciate another Erdogan bringing Turkey's mess to MASS.

We must look professional and show our concern about broken communication and dictatorial behavior. No crime was committed and what is she doing is punishing dealers for their successful business.

This is not the time to display our weapons. That would work against us on television.

Last edited:
ya but honestly i dont know that it would be much worse to have <insert whatever Democrat is running.> instead of Baker at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Might honestly be the one time i enjoy voting Democrat.

Baker is worse as he is a democrat but blocks any real conservative candidate from running - Not that you will ever see a real conservative run for governor on Mass.

You shouldn't be carrying signs. You should all be carrying loaded ARs.

I believe that time is coming, if we show up in numbers (big) and no one does anything about this overreach - I'm not talking 'attempt', 'mail a letter' or 'file legislation', actually undo this mess at least - repeal the entire AWB section from 1998 would be a just response - and/or make all the other fixes we know about in a dream world.

We are all felons in waiting, the AG is not the only attorney in the state - some DA when they get a bug up their butt will go after some/all of us on possession of a banned weapon. This is unacceptable, and with the paperwork we already filed, this cannot be undone by selling, moving or disabling - the 'crime' has happened, the prosecution is pending.

Back to xtry51, the amount of anger out there - never mind here - is incredible (I think it's higher than 1994) - and this from non NES folks I talked to in some gun shops yesterday - both clerks and customers. If we get no action or lip service, it's going to be loaded ARs - unloaded in a loud, well aimed fashion, repeat. Maybe not today or tomorrow - but when people start getting denied LTC renewals unless they turn in the ARs or when the pile on charges start or when people get harassed at the local range.

Guys, if we are going to make it about guns we will contribute to an existing hysteria. We know from our phone calls and emails that our representatives were surprised by such single minded decision. Let's play their game. Do we want such a dictator in our leadership team? Do we want to support such unprofessional behavior? At the time when we should be all united in our war on terror we have a bad apple here and this bad apple is making criminals from all of us without a trial. She has lost our trust. She can't interpret constitution and she can't set us up for jail. We do not appreciate another Erdogan bringing Turkey's mess to MASS.

We must look professional and show our concern about broken communication and dictatorial behavior. No crime was committed and what is she doing is punishing dealers for their successful business.

This is not the time to display our weapons. That would work against us on television.

We also have to stop eating our own. From seeing the BS going in with people (including many NES members) harassing Carl at Four Seasons and this bull shit with blaming MFS.

Seriously, cut the damn shit.

The anti game is that of divide and conquer and we are pros already at being divided.

Cut the damn shit already

Disclaimer: Not discussing the merit of abortion - this is a tactical discussion of how to persuade our lefty legislature:

For those of you with anti Reps and Senators and even for Baker and Healy, this is the angle to get them to care:

- The AG set a dangerous precedent, an overreach that seeks to redefine two decades of case law and understanding of both the Mass and Federal AWB (as laid out by Calsdad earlier in the thread)
- What is to stop another AG from closing the "Abortion is not Murder Loophole" in another state using the precedent as justification
- the AG does not get to decide what is moral and change the interpretation of a law on a whim, no matter the justification (the ends does not justify the means under the rule of law)
- even if it gets overturned in court, women in the state could be denied their right to health care in the meantime
- this is not about guns!

I think the focus should be on tyranny more than guns. Greater resonance.

Last edited:
I've been thinking. While we're all unified and ready to protest on Saturday we might as well go after a full repeal of the AWB. Maura said it herself, that all the features are cosmetic and don't affect the rifle. That petition going around could do us some good if Baker sees how many people will make sure they don't vote for him next election.

This^^^. Healy has admitted that there hasn't been an AWB for 22 years.

In reading her write up of this and applying the same logic to handguns as she does rifles (mag sticks out bottom,weight, threaded barrel etc. before) and now the fact that all handguns without said features share all similarities in the firing mechanism and have interchangeable parts...are semi auto handguns now considered assault weapons?

Healy is so ****ing wrong on this one. One person can not make law. Its laughable.

[video=youtube_share;vzZT9gW5gp8]http://youtu.be/vzZT9gW5gp8[/video]

Disclaimer: Not discussing the merit of abortion - this is a tactical discussion of how to persuade our lefty legislature:

For those of you with anti Reps and Senators and even for Baker and Healy, this is the angle to get them to care:

- The AG set a dangerous precedent, an overreach that seeks to redefine two decades of case law and understanding of both the Mass and Federal AWB (as laid out by Calsdad earlier in the thread)
- What is to stop another AG from closing the "Abortion is not Murder Loophole" in another state using the precedent as justification
- the AG does not get to decide what is moral and change the interpretation of a law on a whim, no matter the justification (the ends does not justify the means under the rule of law)
- even if it gets overturned in court, women in the state could be denied their right to health care in the meantime
- this is not about guns!

listen to these comrades! Mao Heally is a loose cannon who didn't even warned her moonbat friends about the shitstorm about to hit. She is a liability because loose cannon on a ship doesn't care where it hits. They will want to take her out as much as we do.

In terms of cord wood and showing up armed ... let's practice showing up first, like all of us, if that goes well, next time we can even bring rifles or pitchforks.

"Too Powerful". That's your sign.

I've been thinking. While we're all unified and ready to protest on Saturday we might as well go after a full repeal of the AWB. Maura said it herself, that all the features are cosmetic and don't affect the rifle. That petition going around could do us some good if Baker sees how many people will make sure they don't vote for him next election.

This would be great, but realistically - knowing our state - I don't think this would happen. I would be happy with the Legislature and Senate passing a law that would force the AG to follow the exact language of the existing AWB and not add any modifications, conditions or tests to it that were not in the law. They should forbid her from re-interpreting a 22-year-old federal law and 18-year-old MA law.

My thoughts only.

In general I don't think the AWB is going anywhere unless all the FFL's in this state refuse to transfer anything to LE. then maybe. just maybe. but odds that would happen are near zero because there's always an FFL willing to cave for $300.

Yup - and even if they did all get together on this, there will be that one that will take advantage of the situation and make it their business plan to be sole supplier to LEO agencies while not even needing to provide services to the general public.

Healy &quot;closing the loophole&quot; letter to gun dealers

This would be great, but realistically - knowing our state - I don't think this would happen. I would be happy with the Legislature and Senate passing a law that would force the AG to follow the exact language of the existing AWB and not add any modifications, conditions or tests to it that were not in the law. They should forbid her from re-interpreting a 22-year-old federal law and 18-year-old MA law.

My thoughts only.

All they need to do is remove section A from the AWB to go back to the previous interpretation. Remove the whole copy & duplicate portion and we are back to square one with evil features.

If you're upset with the police being a protected class the best offense is to support Black Lives Matter.

Or, as one comedian said, I wasn't the guy streaking across the football field. I was the guy who talked him into doing it.

The AG could also ban house cats on the basis that they're nothing more than copies or replicas of prohibited larger exotic cats sharing the same features.
A car painted like a "nascar" race car, could also be banned because it functions just like a race car and has similar features. Therefore it is street illegal. Please.

I called and emailed each of my state representatives yesterday. This morning, the first response below:

Dear Robert,

On behalf of Representative Frost, he does not support the AG overstepping her boundaries to create a new law, which is the Legislature's job. He feels her actions are unconstitutional, and he would vote for legislation undoing her actions or support advancing this to the Massachusetts Supreme Court to overturn her actions.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best,

Lauren Mullins

Legislative Aide

Representative Paul K. Frost

7th Worcester District

I will post the responses from the others as I get them..

Two questions came up with me and some other shooting freinds....

First.. What about an INHERITED AR/AK?? One guy told me his Grandfather has a couple AR's. Will my friend ever be able to get them if his Grampa wills them to him?

Second.... Do we need to carry around our BILL OF SALE/COPY OF PAPERWORK when ever we take our PRE 7-20 AR/AK to the range? Would it be the STATES duty to prove that your AR/AK is legal or Illegal, or is it YOUR duty to prove it?

Can anyone provide some sample letters that I can share to a mailing list? I have mine and some talking points but I don't want everyone sending the same letter. FYI - I tried searching the thread but this is a Mega, mega thread and got lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom