• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hearing Protection Act Still Stalled by Speaker Paul Ryan

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Y6ASG5v-_400x400.jpg

By AWR Hawkins

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) shelved the Hearing Protection Act two days after the heinous Las Vegas shooting, and it remains so.

The Act was introduced on January 9, 2017. It removes suppressors from the auspices of the National Firearms Act (1934), thereby eliminating the $200 federal tax, fingerprint, photo, and registration requirements currently tied to suppressor acquisition.

Suppressors were not used in the Las Vegas attack. Nevertheless, just hours after the attack, Hillary Clinton tweeted her opposition to suppressors and suggested more lives would have been lost if gunman Stephen Paddock had used the devices:

Read full story here: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/28/hearing-protection-act-stalled-paul-ryan/

Political swamp is still draining - it takes time though.
It is sad that we’re faced with a system created specifically for the times like this - filled with special interest leaches.

Political swamp is still draining - it takes time though.
It is sad that we’re faced with a system created specifically for the times like this - filled with special interest leaches.

Problem is there is no time for draining. If you think the Dems are not going to pick up a few midterm seats, just look at history. And the same way the Tea party started the Republican party moving right and being less open to compromise, the Our Revolution Bernie started is doing the same on left and they are motivated as f^$# and so far to the left of the politicians you already hate you will not even recognise them. They make Warren and Pelosi look more conservative than any previous Republican president.

Problem is there is no time for draining. If you think the Dems are not going to pick up a few midterm seats, just look at history. And the same way the Tea party started the Republican party moving right and being less open to compromise, the Our Revolution Bernie started is doing the same on left and they are motivated as f^$# and so far to the left of the politicians you already hate you will not even recognise them. They make Warren and Pelosi look more conservative than any previous Republican president.
You’re walking on the thinn plank that is about to snap on the way to insanity and at the same time you’re on to something - pathetic it is, when the hard working man has no say in the world of political correctness due to the disgust and disbelief of it.

You’re walking on the thinn plank that is about to snap on the way to insanity and at the same time you’re on to something - pathetic it is, when the hard working man has no say in the world of political correctness due to the disgust and disbelief of it.

Basically we are seeing what I think is going to be a full repeat of Obama's first term. Get in and seem to have everything going for you, President and both houses are in your court. But Congress doesn't want to bow to the president's direction and even among themselves cannot agree enough to do much of anything. So, come midterms, even many of the staunchest supporters is disillusioned and stays home, while those who oppose the party in power are all fired up and out in force. And we do not even have as big a margin as Obama had. So if the Republicans do not get get out of their own way and get stuff passed in the next 12 months, they are done and Trump will end up making deals with the Dems just to get anything through after that.

There is no insanity to my fears, just history and even with what Trump is managing to do, there is no swamp clearing happening in any truly meaningful way and I am not sure he ever really meant to do any.

My fear is that if it comes back to the table there will be another mass shooting event. It's clear to me these are done on purpose to distract and push agendas, and I don't hate my countrymen enough to wish them murdered as pawns.

The plus side is my own bleeding heart liberal mother now looks at these horrific events and thinks "What are they covering up with this?". If the liberals are pushing her away, they're really screwing up.

Moral of the story: 98% of Politicians, The NRA, gun companies, dealers, YouTuber's don't actually give a shit about 2A or your rights.
They will act in their self-interest every time and will sell you out without a second though to cover their ass or their bottom line.

Lyin' Ryan. RINO supreme. Total shocker.

He talks a great game about following the Constitution and Liberty and small government, but when it comes time to put up, Lyin' Ryan is no-show.

Any progress on this? Still appears to be "introduced". I thought I saw somewhere it passed the house and was onto the senate. Was i dreaming?

Any progress on this? Still appears to be "introduced". I thought I saw somewhere it passed the house and was onto the senate. Was i dreaming?

Not a snowball's chance in hell of it ever being signed into law now, though, so it probably doesn't really matter where it's at. :(

I believe you're thinking of National Reciprocity... that passed the House.

As far as HPA, I heard it was halted after Vegas when Hillary said it would've been worse if the killer had a suppressor. I haven't heard anything about it since then.

Back
Top Bottom