• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Heavy trigger on Glock 34 9mm

I recently purchased a Glock 34 9mm and it is nice but the trigger is strong. It tests out at about 5lb. Is there a replacement trigger or trigger group that will make it easier to pull? This is my first Glock and I am not experienced with them. Any help would be appreciated.

I recently purchased a Glock 34 9mm and it is nice but the trigger is strong. It tests out at about 5lb. Is there a replacement trigger or trigger group that will make it easier to pull? This is my first Glock and I am not experienced with them. Any help would be appreciated.
There are other connectors. For example, here's the ghost kit:

Are you going to be using it for competition or a defensive gun? 5lbs is not a bad trigger pull. The G34 comes stock with a factory minus connector. I would check to see if they put a standard connector in it.

Factory standard is 5.5 lbs. With an aftermarket connector and some careful polishing, especially of the safety plunger and the hump on the trigger bar, I get mine down to 2.5 - 3 lbs.

Shoot the shit out of it, break it in

3.5 lb connector
6# trigger spring
competition safety plunger spring. Polish plunger
25c trigger polish job, don’t over do it. Sometimes less is more

if not happy with it then buy a 1911🤷‍♂️

For sure do 25c trigger polish job - there are YouTubes on that.
Get a ‘minus’ 3.5 connector.

Do not alter springs in trigger group.

How many rounds through it? I like breaking-in instead of swapping parts. After 1k rounds then consider upgrades... I'm weird. 🤪

For my competition G34s:

I have a gen 4 g19 that had the grittiest trigger I’ve ever felt. Switched to an apex. Same weight but much smoother.

I have a gen 4 g19 that had the grittiest trigger I’ve ever felt. Switched to an apex. Same weight but much smoother.

on gen 4 that is usually due to the trigger bar bump that facilitates proper engagement of the striker safety. Unfortunately it rubs against the slide (by design). It can also be where the trigger bar contacts the connector. Both are easily fixed either by replacing a few parts or the so-called 25c trigger job. The apex trigger has a new trigger bar basically accomplishing the same as a replacement.

the gen 5’s have no such issues as these problems were completely re-designed.

OP here. Thanks for all the replies. I think I will call some of the companies mentioned and see what they have for the G34. But I know that I need to do something about the trigger to make me more competitive. And of course practice is also a number one requirement for improving my scores.

Glock's are really easy to work on. Check out youtube vids and join the "wanna-be" gunsmith club ;-)

If this competition only...get a drop-in trigger replacement. I use a Vanek trigger but there are plenty of others.....the Vogel already mentioned here is top notch.

The Glock trigger is a slightly different animal....if you are new to it, give it some trigger time first and foremost.

Rofl, 5 lbs?

Let me introduce you to my old 96D.

In all seriousness, what is the gun used for? If I was carrying it for self defense, I wouldn't go any lighter. I have a 1911 with a very light trigger for me anyway and it's almost spooky how quick it goes off. The only reason I'd carry that 1911 is the hammer safety.

If it's just a range toy, have at it.

OP here. Thanks for all the replies. I think I will call some of the companies mentioned and see what they have for the G34. But I know that I need to do something about the trigger to make me more competitive. And of course practice is also a number one requirement for improving my scores.
If it’s strictly for competition or range use, and NOT a home defense gun, the single biggest bang for your buck is to install a “Competition Spring Pack”. If it’s a Gen4 or prior, the Wolff Spring Pack is one of the best for $12 at Brownells:

If it’s a Gen5, then the MCarbo kit is the one to get for $16.

No matter what you do, this is a nice, inexpensive place to start. Most times, this will be all you ever need.

Do the inexpensive springs shown above, along with the polishing job. In my opinion the lighter connectors make the trigger feel mushy or spongy.

Unless you're competing with it or have some special purpose for the gun, I would just leave it stock with a little bit of polishing here and there. It can make a big difference on the striker fired guns-especially early M&Ps but also Glocks.

If you do decide to toss money at it, I cannot recommend Zev. Only a couple thousand rounds with this trigger and it broke. I went back to stock.

IMG_0463.jpg

Shooting or polishing accomplishes mostly the same thing and will smooth out the trigger.
If you go aftermarket but are still using the gun for self-defense, I highly recommend the Apex triggers.

For my competition G34s:
+1 to this trigger for comp. I ran one for a while and it was great. no issues. Otherwise just a minus connector and polish as has been mentioned a few times up above.

+1 to this trigger for comp. I ran one for a while and it was great. no issues. Otherwise just a minus connector and polish as has been mentioned a few times up above.
lighter trigger springs have a tendency to mess a lot of stuff up, if done randomly without knowing of what and why gets done. so, overall, it is not advisable as an experimentation item.
same about lighter firing pins and springs.

g34 specifically would like a tungsten rod and a -possibly - lighter flat wire recoil spring, typically, but, it is not a 'must have' at all.

Last edited:
OP here. I ordered a trigger kit (the edge from Glock Triggers). It should be here by the end of the week. Once I have installed it and fired it I will report. Thanks for all the help.
You paid $157 for 3 wolff springs and bunch of polished stock parts with a stock 3.5 minus connector.
It may work, but, well. A 2 hrs of work and watching YouTube would do same.

$157 to lose the reliability that makes a Glock. Even their website says for competition use only.

does. not. compute.

Worry about you not the gun. In most sports the 34 is used in its not the gun that's the problem

My Glock is strictly for competition it is not an EDC.
That's stops a lot of my concerns. I still like a little 'meat' to my triggers. My frankenGlock 47 would fire incredibly fast. I'd still say work on learning where the shot breaks and nailing the reset. If you want a light trigger for the first shot, I'd still say it's more 'you' than the gun. That's a lot of 'stills' in one post, but still.

You paid $157 for 3 wolff springs and bunch of polished stock parts with a stock 3.5 minus connector.
It may work, but, well. A 2 hrs of work and watching YouTube would do same.

I'm perfectly comfortable milling an AR-15 lower from an 80% lower, have no problem assembling an upper - but I don't fck with Glock triggers. I've looked at them, and simply don't truly understand how they work - and it's a critical set of components.

So, I have GlockTriggers in most of my Glock pistols - and I'm good with that. I KNOW that you're correct, they're basically stock parts, polished. But, I drop the trigger in, it works, it's reliable and I get the trigger feel that I want.

Comfort zones.

I KNOW that you're correct, they're basically stock parts, polished. But, I drop the trigger in, it works, it's reliable and I get the trigger feel that I want.
Comfort zones.
i hear you, but, well, i like to mess with my toys, so i prefer to do myself what i can do.
if they got the process perfected and it can be trusted out of the box - it is good. still, a bit pricey to my taste. may be worth it for 1 glock - but if you got 4-5 of them - i would say, a metal polish bottle is, like, a $7. :)

Back
Top Bottom