Hello from Boston-ish

Hello all. 31 from just north of the city (Reading). Military and reserve for the past 12 years, now civilian working medical. Finally Put in my package for LTC. Eager to be a part of this community!

welcome

go GREEN for the maximum benefit from NES... get into the back rooms, group buys, classifieds, group shoots, etc.

welcome aboard! i work in Reading! (sometimes) haha mostly on the road. Take advantage and good luck with the LTC package.

Welcome man I have lived in Reading my whole life.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome man I have lived in Reading my whole life.

Welcome man. I have lived in Reading since 1968. It is a great town. Jim Courmier is the Chief of Police here and he is nice guy. Maybe since you are military he wil give you an unrestricted LTC from the get go. I have had my ltc for about twenty years but had it with restrictions for the first five years. I have no restriction now.

welcome to the Thunderdome!! Good luck on the LTC and to second Mini Nin thanks for the service

I just joined today, too; we're both Readingites. My LTC was a breeze (prior Army as well; it seemed to make things easier), though it's Hunting and Target for 6 yrs... ah, well. Could be worse, I s'pose.

Welcome. Now to find a place to shoot...

Thank you all for the welcome! And proud to say as of today I am a paid memeber of NES!!
Picton, How long did (if you have already) your LTC take? And did they place a restriction on yours as well?

Took just a tad under two months. The Hunting & Target was the only restriction; I'm embarrassed to say I'm not sure whether any others even exist, though others around here undoubtedly know. Not to toot my own horn, but I figure if a knowedgeable ex-infantryman got a restriction, then I'm assuming everyone in Reading will. The officer stated it would go unrestricted once I renewed; the entire interview was entirely painless, though a little bit odd. I foolishly failed to visit this site before I went, so I had no idea what to expect.

Expect a curt, tall officer to almost completely ignore you as he taps on a computer. He'll take your digital photo. He'll have you sign a few things, answer a questionnaire, then type some more. I should have mentioned the entire process will take place in the booking room. Then, he'll fingerprint you. At this point, you'll risk some awkward conversation (having spent the whole rest of the interview nervously near parade rest). He'll unbend a little bit. Then, he'll tell you not to call him for an update, and will tell you a story about some guy who tapped him on the shoulder at Venetian Moon to ask for an impromptu update on his LTC status. He'll imply that this was unwelcome. You'll dutifully promise not to do the same, then you'll leave with no clear idea whether you've been approved, whether the Chief will want you later, etc. I now know I needn't have worried about such things.

Welcome again!

Scary accurate. He didn't mention the Venetian moon thing to me, but did stress patience, And quoted 10-12 weeks.
I didn't argue, just a yessir, no sir. Not much of an interview, just typed me into his computer, fingerprinted me and then said he'll call if there's issues.
Guess we'll see!

You'll be fine. If it went like mine did, then all should be well. Did he make you sign a sheet saying the hunting & target restriction would be lifted after six years? That was the only part that made me go, "hmmm..."

Congrats. Now, you get to wait awhile...

Back
Top Bottom