• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help finding a call list (e-caller)

My google fu is weak this morning. I'm looking for the call list, or call reference card, for a Johnny Stewart "Jury" electronic caller. I've never messed with the files on it so they are still in factory configuration but I lost the damn cheat sheet that lists what number on the remote corresponds with which sound (howl, rabbit in distress etc)

Any help out there with the brain trust?

This is also an experiment.....I'll try to call hunter specialties in a few hours when they open (they're in CA) but my buddy says "ask your gun forum, they seem to know everything", so I got lunch riding on this fellas.......

The Johnny Stewart line of calls is owned by Hunter Specialties, they do have a website and the manual for my call, but they don't print the call sequence list in their manual. The list is "also included with call" type item. Its silly, as easy as it is to lose a small piece of paper/card, you'd think it would be referenced in the manual.

my buddy says "ask your gun forum, they seem to know everything"
he's clearly not a nes member. there's only a few oracles here that i'm aware of.

now, what the hell is a Johnny Stewart "Jury" electronic caller? hey i never claimed to be one of those oracles!

he's clearly not a nes member. there's only a few oracles here that i'm aware of.

now, what the hell is a Johnny Stewart "Jury" electronic caller? hey i never claimed to be one of those oracles!

Mannnnnnj NES is the greatest reference on earth, the planet. I've fixed my furnace, learned about snow tires, gotten some good recipes, and met some wicked cool people, AND learned a lot about stuff I probably really didn't need to know but it was funny. I love NES

Anyways, a Johnny Stewart electronic caller is a predator call for hunting well, predators, but also crows, coons, stuff like that. "Jury" is the model of this electronic caller. You use it by placing the caller away from you, and from a hidden position use the remote to select a sound to be played over the speaker. Animals come in drawn to the sound emitting from the speaker, completely unaware that you are lying in wait to ambush them. Very very sneaky.

Could make your own reference card from the sound list?

25 preloaded sounds include:
  • Baby Jackrabbit
  • Jackrabbit
  • Cottontail
  • Baby Cottontail
  • Coon Fight & Squealing Bird
  • Rodent Distress
  • Canine Pups
  • Chicken Distress
  • Red Fox Pup
  • Grey Fox & Cottontail
  • Yellowhammer
  • Meadowlark
  • Kid Goat Distress
  • House Cat Distress
  • Hurt'n Hog
  • Fawn Bleating
  • Coyote Locator
  • Coyote and Grey Fox
  • Coyote Growls
  • Death Cry of a Crow
  • Crow and Hawk Fight
  • Crow Audience
  • Snow Goose Calls
  • Single Snow Goose
  • Leaves Rustling

Anyways, a Johnny Stewart electronic caller is a predator call for hunting well, predators, but also crows, coons, stuff like that. "Jury" is the model of this electronic caller. You use it by placing the caller away from you, and from a hidden position use the remote to select a sound to be played over the speaker. Animals come in drawn to the sound emitting from the speaker, completely unaware that you are lying in wait to ambush them. Very very sneaky.
ah, ok, of course...electronic caller...i see now, duh...what'd i say, i wasn't a brain truster, right...thanks!

Could make your own reference card from the sound list?

25 preloaded sounds include:
  • Baby Jackrabbit
  • Jackrabbit
  • Cottontail
  • Baby Cottontail
  • Coon Fight & Squealing Bird
  • Rodent Distress
  • Canine Pups
  • Chicken Distress
  • Red Fox Pup
  • Grey Fox & Cottontail
  • Yellowhammer
  • Meadowlark
  • Kid Goat Distress
  • House Cat Distress
  • Hurt'n Hog
  • Fawn Bleating
  • Coyote Locator
  • Coyote and Grey Fox
  • Coyote Growls
  • Death Cry of a Crow
  • Crow and Hawk Fight
  • Crow Audience
  • Snow Goose Calls
  • Single Snow Goose
  • Leaves Rustling
Those are the calls that the unit has pre-loaded but that particular list isnt in order. So, if I press #1 on the remote, its canine pups, #2 is a howler, and so on. I could prolly just test each button and make my own list. When I started off looking for this, I figured itd be pretty easy but its proving to be quite the challenge lol.

ETA : the unit originally came with a USB cord to download files and arrange them to your liking but I don't have the cord either, its been 7 tears and this caller resides in my hunting gear tote. The reference card I'm looking for was kept in the remote pouch on the lanyard and I'm quite surprised I lost that. I use this caller in more wide open spaces. Back when I hunted NE I almost always used mouth calls. Now out here in the wide open, e-callers are pretty effective.

Damn. I was wondering why you were using a robo-caller for about 6 times reading that through. I'm thinking, "Who TF is he robo-calling?? It better not be me! And what does jury duty have to do with this????"

Good luck, tho. I hate when I can't find the info I need.

Back
Top Bottom