Help Finding Remington No. 10 Percussion Caps

Mountain

NES Member
Hey NES-

Anyone see No. 10 percussion caps in stock at their LGS? This is the smaller size percussion cap for black powder pistols. In particular I much prefer the Remington over the CCI. I'm in the Central Mass area, though I can drive a little to check out a shop if they have these.

LGS's around Worcester no gots, nothing at Cabelas either. Prefer to support local and avoid the hazmat fee.

Thanks!
[thumbsup]

Standard response to any "where can I find" question...
Outback Arms in Plympton, on Rt. 58 about a mile north of Rt. 44...

They tend to be a little spendy, but they have LOTS of inventory. The owner is a member at OCSA, a multi-season hunter, a reloader himself, and keeps inventory of BP and reloading stuff in addition to commercial and milsurp ammo.
If its' any kind of drive, call first.

No 10s where always a bear to find. 20+ years ago we waited until we went north to stock up.
Kittery mostly....

Thanks everyone, and Happy New Year!

Thanks to Palladin I'll have some in hand very soon. I can check out Outback if they happen to be open on a Sunday the next time I get schooled by mac1911 at an Old Colony Garand match. Callaghan's maybe end of next week, and R & R if I'm ever in the area.

I used some #11's from my Hawken but they did not stay secure, which affected accuracy. I found a leftover tin of Remington #10's at the bottom of my BP ammo can. My Dad must have bought them and he's been gone 27 years. Anyway, the Ruger Old Army is a tack driver with these lighting off 30 gr equivalent Pyrodex P and .457 round balls. Great to now have sources for the caps. I'll soon be casting my own round balls with a Lyman mold.

I just picked up a round ball and a conical mold for my old army. I also was gifted a ton of old tire weights. The weights seem to be made of various lead alloys. Some are softer/harder than others. Does anyone know a way to test for the appropriate hardness? Most can be easily scratched with a knife point.

Thanks everyone, and Happy New Year!

Thanks to Palladin I'll have some in hand very soon. I can check out Outback if they happen to be open on a Sunday the next time I get schooled by mac1911 at an Old Colony Garand match. Callaghan's maybe end of next week, and R & R if I'm ever in the area.

I used some #11's from my Hawken but they did not stay secure, which affected accuracy. I found a leftover tin of Remington #10's at the bottom of my BP ammo can. My Dad must have bought them and he's been gone 27 years. Anyway, the Ruger Old Army is a tack driver with these lighting off 30 gr equivalent Pyrodex P and .457 round balls. Great to now have sources for the caps. I'll soon be casting my own round balls with a Lyman mold.

I will going to out back soon to pick up some BH209 powder. If they have any #10s I will snag them.
Outback has a decent selection of muzzle loading stuff but leans more modern.

Back
Top Bottom