Help me choose my new carry gun: Glock 43 Vs. Sig P365 **update post 53**

While I am usually quick to shit on Sigs often iffy QC I think its a little crazy to "hesitate" based on one persons gun being broken out of box. I've even had that happen with
Glocks, but only as a small % of the number owned but still not insignificant. I had a G42 that had a trigger reset failure issue (although it didnt crop up in live fire, go figure) a cursed G21 Gen4 (that gun was so bad they sent me a brand new gun) and my first Glock 17 Gen4 was a dumpster fire before they fixed it. (although it wasnt unusable just had brass to face problems... lol )
Yeah you are right, it could happen to any gun.

I narrowed down my choices to p365xl, hellcat, shadow systems cr920, cz p10s OR, mossberg mc2sc and quality control could sway my choices. I heard of QC issues with sig and shadow systems. This will be my first gun, LTC arriving soon. Just wanna have my first experience be a good one.

Last edited:
The only correct answer here is:

OP, hold them both, get what works for you. If you can shoot them, awesome. If you can't shoot them, whatever feels good on your hands and points naturally.
@darkslide - BI has provided the best advice to follow. Hope you get a chance to at least handle all of them prior to making your decision. Good Luck!

I sent the gun back to Sig and they had it back to me in 3 days. They updated the trigger return spring and link. I did a little research and this is an issue in the earlier made P365. Put 200 rounds through it and works perfect.

Well, it sounds like you've made your choice. But, I switch guns more often than some people change their underwear. I am currently using a G48. I had to put a Hogue Handall on it for a little more width and it made a big difference. That being said, I'm looking at a G43 that a guy has because it is more compact. I've had them in the past, and they were OK. They are practically giving them away since everyone seems to want the 43X version (extra grip length does help). The couple of Sigs I've had were new and I've never kept them long enough to break them in, so they had FTF's. I keep going back to the Glocks because of the YUGE aftermarket support they have. You can find holsters, mags, and accessories everywhere. The mags are half the price of the Sigs, and the Glocks have always gone "bang". Nicer trigger on the Sigs - definitely, but I'll take reliability over all else.

Well, it sounds like you've made your choice. But, I switch guns more often than some people change their underwear. I am currently using a G48. I had to put a Hogue Handall on it for a little more width and it made a big difference. That being said, I'm looking at a G43 that a guy has because it is more compact. I've had them in the past, and they were OK. They are practically giving them away since everyone seems to want the 43X version (extra grip length does help). The couple of Sigs I've had were new and I've never kept them long enough to break them in, so they had FTF's. I keep going back to the Glocks because of the YUGE aftermarket support they have. You can find holsters, mags, and accessories everywhere. The mags are half the price of the Sigs, and the Glocks have always gone "bang". Nicer trigger on the Sigs - definitely, but I'll take reliability over all else.
I used to switch a lot as well. For the last several years though the P365 has worked great for me in the summer, and the G19 for the cold months.

Guy I know just got his CHP and is looking at the 365 and 43X.

Me, I will be getting a 43X sooner as opposed to later to supplement my Shield 45 as an EDC

There are so many small semi autos to choose from. Rent or borrow as many as you can to see what you like. I prefer .45 but caliber choice is a very personal thing. As far as the salt water goes, maybe something with a Cerakote finish? I don't know what the salt air would do to the rest of the gun.

The grip is what is the most difficult to conceal, and the grip of the 365XL is no longer than a Shield with flush mag, if you can believe it.
this.
xl is slightly longer, so it feels at the appendix, you should try them both and decide. for me a regular 365 was just perfect - again, you need an aftermarket pinky extender, stock one sucks.

Changing your EDC is like getting rid of an old pair of comfy shoes that you've (maybe) had for years.

After 7 years of carrying a Gen 1 M&P Shield in 9mm I have recently moved on. I considered the P365 but it just didn't fit in my hand the way I liked. After trying a fair amount of pieces I settled, for now, on a P320X Compact with a Wilson Combat grip module, trigger/action job by the Sig Armorer and a Romeo1 Pro. I am using a Vedder IWB holster. My main impotence for swapping out my trust Shield was I am shooting an optics this season in competition so I wanted by EDC to have an optics.

20220420_160437.jpg20220420_160413.jpg20220508_084520.jpg20220508_084529.jpg

Holy Shield, Batman! With that Wilson grip, that thing looks honkin' huge to carry! (at least compared to the Shield).

The Wilson grip is actually narrower than the stock Sig grip. That is one of the reasons I like the Wilson grip. The optic definitely adds some size. So far it hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be.

The Wilson grip is actually narrower than the stock Sig grip. That is one of the reasons I like the Wilson grip. The optic definitely adds some size. So far it hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be.
Narrower perhaps, but taller? I'm always amused that manufacturers shorten the slide and barrel (easiest part to conceal) and leave the grip area long.

Back
Top Bottom