Help me choose my new carry gun: Glock 43 Vs. Sig P365 **update post 53**

If you're looking at a G43, take a look at the 43X. The X is sort of halway between the 43 and 19. Very easily concealable, but you now get 10+1 instead of the 6+1 (or +2) of the 43. The grip's thicker than the 43, (double stack), so it fits my hand better. Hell, might as well look at the 48 while you're at it.

P365 has a great reputation - I have not shot one, but a number of my friends have and I've heard nothing bad.

Shot a friend's HellCat the other day, that's another one worth taking a look at. Your basic micro-9. POA .vs. POI was right on straight out of the box.

I carried a 43 for years and really liked how it felt on my hip, but was not a huge fan of the grip when firing it. I now carry a Kimber Micro 9. Yes, more weight, but better grip and feel on firing. I tried a 365 but found it a tad bit big (compared to the 43) and the slide was too boxy. Sigs are nice and all but remind me of an aluminum foil box sitting on top of a Marlboro box! Functionally good but meh.

If you need a bigger grip why not get a Desert Eagle? LOL.
My little carry guns (Bodyguard, LC9s) all get a Hogue HandALL grip sleeve. The little extra girth makes a big difference for my medium-lage hands. This may be a sign that I need to do a few thousand more snap-cap draw drills, but I also like how the one finger grove (bulge) helps me establish a good grip quicker.

I have a BMW. And I know the answer.

So we can only use premium gas? Reg gas for 125k on my current.

So we can pretend we can go 5 over without getting a ticket? it's only 2mph, verified with GPS o_O

So we can need a computer workout in order to install a new battery?and make it cost 800$ No idea what you mean, 4th Bimmer and not encountered this...

So we can make an oil change cost 250$? $50 for the entire kit shipped from FCP Euro

So we can pay $1000 on front brake pads? Silly, see my thread on the M-Sport brake replacement...

f*** me
you're doing it all wrong...the dealer must love you [devil]

365 in a IWB or in my bag with 4 15 round mags or a 42 in my pocket is my carry of choice. Given the capacity and size advantage the 365 has over the 43, I’m not interested.

Hey all,

I’m looking to buy a new carry gun. I’m going from a Smith 640 pro series revolver(lots of issues) to a small auto. I’m split on a Sig P365 vs. Glock 43. I do spend a lot of time around saltwater during the summer(fishing, crabbing..ect) so I’m unsure how the respective finishes would hold up. A long time ago I carried a Glock 33 and gave it up due to costly 357 sig. I loved that gun.
get to any range that rents both and try - MFS may have those 365s for rent, i do not recall. try the 365XL, 365 and 43 and then decide. for 365 you need an aftermarket pinky extension - it makes it way more manageable.

The only correct answer here is:

OP, hold them both, get what works for you. If you can shoot them, awesome. If you can't shoot them, whatever feels good on your hands and points naturally.

Both are good guns.

Enough members here have one or the other, or both, I am sure someone will let you shoot his/hers if you ask and provide some ammo.

Glock 43:
- More comfortable to carry
- Trigger adds layer of safety

SIG Sauer P365:
- Easier to shoot
- Extra capacity (+4)

I have experience with both and switched to G43 for the two reasons above. The grip is thinner and has a less aggressive texture than the P365’s.

Despite my username, I do like the p365 for carry & find the vedder light tuck super comfortable.

The only correct answer here is:

OP, hold them both, get what works for you. If you can shoot them, awesome. If you can't shoot them, whatever feels good on your hands and points naturally.

Both are good guns.

Enough members here have one or the other, or both, I am sure someone will let you shoot his/hers if you ask and provide some ammo.
I was strongly considering an FN 509C as my new EDC until I held it in my hand. Then I held a P365XL and it was game over. Like Broc said above, you'll know it's right if it feels good and points naturally.

I have a BMW. And I know the answer.

So we can only use premium gas?

So we can pretend we can go 5 over without getting a ticket?

So we can need a computer workout in order to install a new battery?and make it cost 800$

So we can make an oil change cost 250$?

So we can pay $1000 on front brake pads?

f*** me
I got you beat. I have an Audi and the front brakes are $1400

I tricked out my G43 with an Overwatch trigger, threaded barrel and compensator, RMR and light/laser. I shot it well at a SIG Academy Micro Carry class against P365s. Then I shot a P365 and appreciated just how nice it fel. I got one and added a Holosun red dot, threaded barrel and compensator, but still don’t shoot it as well as the G43.

But the P365 carries much better for me and a gun I carry more is a better carry gun.

Sig 365 X:

Sig365 XL:

Update: the gun broke on the first shot. I took one shot and I now have a dead trigger. I’m calling sig Monday and sending the gun to them. I did some googling and it seems that the trigger return spring can break on some models, Sig will replace with a updated/new one. In the mean time I’m carrying my Canik TP9-SA. I’m pretty pissed

Last edited:
I have 2 Shields in .45 that I alternate. Of the 2 you mentioned I'd pick the Sig just because I don't like the grip angle of Glocks. My son has a Glock 43 and loves it.

Update: the gun broke on the first shot. I took one shot and I now have a dead trigger. I’m calling sig Monday and sending the gun to them. I did some googling and it seems that the trigger return spring can break on some models, Sig will replace with a updated/new one. In the mean time I’m carrying my Canik TP9-SA. I’m pretty pissed
Was the gun brand new or used? I’m considering the p365xl and your experience is making me hesitate.

Was the gun brand new or used? I’m considering the p365xl and your experience is making me hesitate.

While I am usually quick to shit on Sigs often iffy QC I think its a little crazy to "hesitate" based on one persons gun being broken out of box. I've even had that happen with
Glocks, but only as a small % of the number owned but still not insignificant. I had a G42 that had a trigger reset failure issue (although it didnt crop up in live fire, go figure) a cursed G21 Gen4 (that gun was so bad they sent me a brand new gun) and my first Glock 17 Gen4 was a dumpster fire before they fixed it. (although it wasnt unusable just had brass to face problems... lol )

get to any range that rents both and try - MFS may have those 365s for rent, i do not recall. try the 365XL, 365 and 43 and then decide. for 365 you need an aftermarket pinky extension - it makes it way more manageable.
Couldn't agree more! Bought a couple for my 365XL mags - that little extra bit makes a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom