• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help needed finding Para Ordnance P10 parts.

DeadEyeDan

NES Member
I got my P10 out of the safe and noticed one of the grip screw was missing. I tried to call customer service I got someone from Remington telling me that they bought out Para Ordnance and that the no longer made the guns and that they didn’t have any screws in stock...

Last edited:
I suspect that any old 1911 grip screw will work.
i dunno. the p-10 was it's own animal, i don't believe even the screws from just any other p model will fit it. but, i've been known to be wrong.

i'd be rippin' my safe apart and crawling around with a light trying to hunt down that missing screw. or wrap duct tape around the grips.

I suspect that any old 1911 grip screw will work. Numrich, Midway, Brownells, etc.
No such luck, my first thought was taking it to the Sportsman’s Den (They are very nice) and they tried a bunch of different 1911 screws without any luck...

brownells has a bunch of para parts but no p-10 grip screws. it might be worth a call anyway, sometimes they'll try and see if they can hunt 'em down.

I would probably fix it, test fire that thing then promptly make it scarce somehow by selling it...

-Mike

I'd venture that the newer Remington R1 double Stack 1911s would have the same grip screws seeing as how they are essentially the old Para's with a Remington roll-mark.

Why would I sell it, it’s my future/past EDC if I ever get my restrictions removed?

Because Paras in general suck and the p10 is perhaps the worst.

I have seven 1911s. Of those, my P-14 is without a doubt the worst of the bunch.

Three inch 1911s are generally agreed to be the least reliable 1911s. 1911s are known for feeding stoppages and the shorter the barrel the worse they usually are. Personally I won’t own one shorter than 4”. YMMV.

Because Paras in general suck and the p10 is perhaps the worst.

I have seven 1911s. Of those, my P-14 is without a doubt the worst of the bunch.

Three inch 1911s are generally agreed to be the least reliable 1911s. 1911s are known for feeding stoppages and the shorter the barrel the worse they usually are. Personally I won’t own one shorter than 4”. YMMV.
I have a Colt 1991a1 and the P10... I have never had a problem with the P10 using ball ammo, with hollow points it can be a bit fussy... really doesn’t like truncated cones or odd shaped bullets. I found it pretty accurate and reliable with the right ammo and a pretty comfortable carry gun. Not sure if this matters but I think this is a very early one, S/N right around 1000.

Last edited:
Because Paras in general suck and the p10 is perhaps the wors

Not having any real experience with them, my understanding is that if you can get one from when they were still made in Canada, they are significantly better. Not hard to be significantly better than terrible, but it's something

Not having any real experience with them, my understanding is that if you can get one from when they were still made in Canada, they are significantly better. Not hard to be significantly better than terrible, but it's something

My P14 was made in Canada. Still a POS.

Well my one is Canadian, and one of the first couple hundred... it does work pretty well with FMJ ball ammo. I have definitely had a bunch problems with misfeeds with anything that varied to much from that shape.

My P14 was made in Canada. Still a POS.
One local shooter (Matt J) said that the Para Ord is a find gun and that it will give you multiple weeks of adequate service after replacing the barrel, action, slide, sights and ejector with quality after market parts.

Many years ago I had a C6 LDA and a P12 limited. If only they could be made reliable, they would have been excellent carry guns.

I just remembered I had a pic of that old C6 LDA in my Photobucket account!

Playing scrabble at an ex girlfriend’s house in CT.
A60BC5F8-9B83-4FBE-964F-06DD092730B4.jpeg

Last edited:
since this turned into a para bash thread...i own 3, a 14, 16 & 12. got them new in the very early 90's. i've said it before here, mine are super guns and i won't be bullied into jumping on the pig pile to trash them. got the 14 to get that capacity for ipsc. shot many matches with it and thousands of rounds. then went to the 16 to get more round capacity and that shot a ton of matches and had thousands of rounds through it. i don't remember any failures or having to pull out of a match because of the gun being shit. i was still using the 16 when i stopped shooting ipsc in 1997. all have the original parts and have only seen a smith for a few mods, beavertail, long match trigger but not much more. the 12 is still stock except for a recently added beavertail grip safety. all still are going strong and don't mind riding to the range in the same bag with the colts.

My opinion of Para was formed by two incidents:

1. A friend's Para frame cracked vertically in the grip area

2. I saw one an expert gunsmith checkered that had casting bubbles revealed by the checking process.

If all else fails, try a screw mfg. co. There's one in Belmont that I've used and there must be some in Boston. My experience with Para has been terrible. I hope yours is better.

Back
Top Bottom