HELP with Alessi CQC-S Holster that I have...

Hi everyone. I would like to ask for some help with a Lou Alessi CQC-S Holster I ordered last year and received it in October 2012. I called in the order for my SIG P250C .45ACP 2ng Gen (with Rail). When I finally received the holster after a 12 week wait, they made it for the 1st Gen P250C (without the rail). After several email communications and phone calls, they asked me to send it back at my expense (which I am still pissed about) so they could correct the problem. After waiting a few more weeks they send me the holster back. I put my gun in the holster and it fit, but very tightly. I know that leather needs to be broken in so I wore the holster with the gun for several days unloaded.

When I tried to remove the gun from the holster, it was nearly impossible. You could literally pick me up off the floor with the gun holstered. I called the shop (Alessi) and they told me to put a few baggies around the gun and insert it into the holster. I did that for a few days with no success. They keep claiming that the holster is correct, but here I am in April of 2013 and I cannot use the holster. I have tried everything I know of and I own a few leather holsters and have never had this problem.

I am not sure if this is a good comparison, but I own a Bladetech OWB Eclipse Holster and you can see a difference in the dimensions of the Alessi and the Bladetech. Again I know leather is a much tighter fit.

Any advice is really appreciated. Is there anything I am missing?

2013-04-19 15.49.20.jpg 2013-04-19 15.49.45.jpg 2013-04-19 15.50.06.jpg 2013-04-19 15.50.16.jpg 2013-04-19 15.50.23.jpg 2013-04-19 15.50.28.jpg 2013-04-19 15.50.35.jpg 2013-04-19 15.50.41.jpg This is my first experience with Alessi and my last.

Unfortunately, since Lou Alessi passed away, the quality SUCKS. I was a loyal Alessi customer and spent many enjoyable hours on the phone with Lou.

Lou used to advise for a tight fit, wet the holster (I run it under warm water) Put the gun in a plastic baggie and seat it in the holster.

Allow it to air dry, usually overnight but I let it set 24hrs. Remove the gun and bag, try your fit.

For your next holster, try Ritchie Leather. They worked for Lou and went out on their own. They make a great holster

Unfortunately, since Lou Alessi passed away, the quality SUCKS. I was a loyal Alessi customer and spent many enjoyable hours on the phone with Lou.

Lou used to advise for a tight fit, wet the holster (I run it under warm water) Put the gun in a plastic baggie and seat it in the holster.

Allow it to air dry, usually overnight but I let it set 24hrs. Remove the gun and bag, try your fit.

For your next holster, try Ritchie Leather. They worked for Lou and went out on their own. They make a great holster

I appreciate your reply and honest opinion. I will take it as lesson learned and add it to the holster draw. It's a shame that happened b/c everything I ever heard of the company was top notch! Thank you again...

Jeff

I appreciate your reply and honest opinion. I will take it as lesson learned and add it to the holster draw. It's a shame that happened b/c everything I ever heard of the company was top notch! Thank you again...

Jeff

Jeff,

Try the wet fit. I think you will be surprised. It may take 2 tries but it will usually work.If too tight the first try, use 2 baggies the second time. I have even used the method to reshape mag holders for different brands

Gary

Jeff,

Try the wet fit. I think you will be surprised. It may take 2 tries but it will usually work.If too tight the first try, use 2 baggies the second time. I have even used the method to reshape mag holders for different brands

Gary

4.21.13 --- Hey Gary... I tried the wet fit approach last night and this morning it was much easier to remove the gun from the holster while it was in my hand. When I put the holster on and tried to draw, it was nearly impossible. I could have literally ripped my pants off, and I even tried different methods of drawing the gun from the holster. So I just did the same thing you suggested but with two baggies this time. I will report back sometime tomorrow afternoon or early evening to let you know how I made it out. THANKS AGAIN!

I will try it after I write this reply and report back to you on my results...

Thanks again!
JEFF

Last edited:
4.21.13 --- Hey Gary... I tried the wet fit approach last night and this morning it was much easier to remove the gun from the holster while it was in my hand. When I put the holster on and tried to draw, it was nearly impossible. I could have literally ripped my pants off, and I even tried different methods of drawing the gun from the holster. So I just did the same thing you suggested but with two baggies this time. I will report back sometime tomorrow afternoon or early evening to let you know how I made it out. THANKS AGAIN!

I will try it after I write this reply and report back to you on my results...

Thanks again!
JEFF

You can also wear it damp with gun holstered allowing it to stretch a little more.

I have two Alessi's of similar vintage.

Both of mine are the Talon Plus iwb model - one for a Walther P99c and one for a G30sf.

Both were extremely tight when new. The Walther holster has loosened up some with a lot of draw and re-holstering. The G30 is still little tight but it's newer too.

I find with both holsters, that the firearm has to be drawn straight out or it will be very hard to get it out. Make sure you are drawing it straight out.

But I too am looking for a new holster supplier. Have two on order from this guy: Lobo Gun Leather - Home

I have two Alessi's of similar vintage.

Both of mine are the Talon Plus iwb model - one for a Walther P99c and one for a G30sf.

Both were extremely tight when new. The Walther holster has loosened up some with a lot of draw and re-holstering. The G30 is still little tight but it's newer too.

I find with both holsters, that the firearm has to be drawn straight out or it will be very hard to get it out. Make sure you are drawing it straight out.

But I too am looking for a new holster supplier. Have two on order from this guy: Lobo Gun Leather - Home

I tried to draw the gun from the holster in every way imaginable. The gun just won't come out of the holster, it's like they merge into one! At least at this point I can remove it from the holster while I am holding it in my hand, which I could never do. So I think I am heading in the right direction. If it doesn't work out I will just use my BladeTech Eclipse holster and call it a day, lesson learned. Thank you for your input though, it is appreciated.

Thanks!
Jeff

You can also wear it damp with gun holstered allowing it to stretch a little more.

4.24.13 I wore the gun for a few hours today after wetting the holster and inserting a couple of baggies with the gun holstered. It made a world of a difference and I can at least draw the gun from the holster now. It has to be almost a perfect straight draw but at least it comes out now. I have done at least 24 quick draws with the gun unloaded and I am as satisfied with it as I think I am going to be. Thank you again for the advice as it helped me greatly!!!!

Thanks!
JEFF

4.24.13 I wore the gun for a few hours today after wetting the holster and inserting a couple of baggies with the gun holstered. It made a world of a difference and I can at least draw the gun from the holster now. It has to be almost a perfect straight draw but at least it comes out now. I have done at least 24 quick draws with the gun unloaded and I am as satisfied with it as I think I am going to be. Thank you again for the advice as it helped me greatly!!!!

Thanks!
JEFF

All the info I shared was given to me by Lou Alessi (RIP) He was a very good and talented man. Very glad I can pass along some of what he shared with me.

Where the holster in good health and safety.

Gary

All the info I shared was given to me by Lou Alessi (RIP) He was a very good and talented man. Very glad I can pass along some of what he shared with me.

Where the holster in good health and safety.

Gary

Well thank you for passing it along. I never knew Alessi personally but I wish in many ways I had. People like you pass parts of his legacy on and that is appreciated...

Thanks!
Jeff

I had new holsters from Milt Sparks that were very tight too. They do loose up over a few weeks. It's normal. Now the holster probably won't hold the gun when it's up side down. I say over the long run, for the purpose of retention, the tighter the fit at the beginning, the better.

I had new holsters from Milt Sparks that were very tight too. They do loose up over a few weeks. It's normal. Now the holster probably won't hold the gun when it's up side down. I say over the long run, for the purpose of retention, the tighter the fit at the beginning, the better.

I actually did the upside down test with the gun loaded (safely of course) and the holster retained the gun. It was to a point that I could not draw the gun from the holster at all. What good is that if I need it and I can't get it out? This isn't my first custom leather holster, but it is the first that I ever had a problem with. Thank you for your input though it was appreciated.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom