• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Henry 44M question

walter62

NES Member
If you have a Henry, I'm thinking of getting a Henry Lever rifle in 44Magnum.

>> How well do 240 LSWC bullets feed? I have a boatload of them <<

I got the all weather model and it feeds coated SWCs fine. Once in awhile I might get one round that needs a little assistance but that may be from the OAL being too long

Henry's are great lever actions.

If you didn't buy it yet, check out the 1873 Uberti. Their quality is amazing and you can short stroke them (the way every lever action should come from factory).

Buddy of mine got the newest iteration of the Henry lever gun in .44 mag with the side loading gate and couldn't be more pleased. The rifle runs just fine on both hand loads and factory ammo. It accurately makes nice big holes and tight groups at 50 yards without breakin' a sweat. Tis a Fine Rifle. Pair it with a wheel gun in .44 mag and you'll have quite the potent pistol/rifle combination.

Lever guns .. the ORIGINAL "assault style" weapon ... load it on Sunday and shoot it all week !!!

How do they handle slightly over-length cartridges? I have some 260g LSWC rounds that end up over-length (2.700") when seated to the crimp groove. I'd rather seat them to utilize the crimp groove, but they could always be loaded shorter, I suppose. Also, how do broad metplat bullets, such as the Lee 310 RF fare in those lever guns (I only have one lever in .35 Remington, so...) ?

View: https://i.imgur.com/tBjzSx1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom