• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Henry Big Boy CCH .357

Daddy Mac

NES Member
My LGS has a Henry Big Boy color case hardened rifle in .357 listed under new guns for sale. Side gate. 20" octagon barrel. I should probably go look just to see if the wood is any good. I really don't have the room in the safe. Money is a bit tight right now. I'd have to buy a cowboy hat to go with it, and a horse, and c'mon man, I'm weak. Very weak. It can't hurt to look right?

My LGS has a Henry Big Boy color case hardened rifle in .357 listed under new guns for sale. Side gate. 20" octagon barrel. I should probably go look just to see if the wood is any good. I really don't have the room in the safe. Money is a bit tight right now. I'd have to buy a cowboy hat to go with it, and a horse, and c'mon man, I'm weak. Very weak. It can't hurt to look right?
I've been looking for one of those, is it in Western MA by any chance???

My LGS has a Henry Big Boy color case hardened rifle in .357 ... I really don't have the room in the safe. Money is a bit tight right now. I'd have to buy a cowboy hat to go with it, and a horse, ...
How close do you live to Norfolk?
I know where there's a horse that's slightly used...

Buddy of mine has the Henry in .44 magnum with the side gate. Brushed stainless finish. He likes the .44 because the bigger holes are easier to see !! Sweet rifle.

So I used some Old Yankee ingenuity and arrived at the shop 20 minutes before they closed. Certainly not enough time for such a serious transaction. And because I firmly believe in a belt and suspenders, I rode the motorcycle.(no place to carry a new rifle home) When I asked if they still had it, wide smiles all around. They pulled back the sock to expose the color case hardened metal and I swear I may have got the vapors. Absolutely beautiful.$1,190.00. I am hoping for another Henry group buy in the future to try to save a few bucks. I'll pick one up some day, just not sure that was the best price. I'll keep telling myself that until I can resist no longer. Really nice grain on the Walnut and the checkering looked sharp. Happy trails.

sometimes it is not about the best price.... how much do you think you are going to save on a group buy?

Now if you spend a little more money than you were thinking of, you are going to get the gun you want when you want it.

Trust me I am always looking for value, there are things I could easily afford without even thinking of the cost that I will not buy until I think I got it for a price I am happy with, and then there are things I look at ask why am I beating myself up over a couple of hundred dollars

They might throw in a cheap rifle case or a box of ammo to sweeten the pot if you ask

So I used some Old Yankee ingenuity and arrived at the shop 20 minutes before they closed. Certainly not enough time for such a serious transaction. And because I firmly believe in a belt and suspenders, I rode the motorcycle.(no place to carry a new rifle home) When I asked if they still had it, wide smiles all around. They pulled back the sock to expose the color case hardened metal and I swear I may have got the vapors. Absolutely beautiful.$1,190.00. I am hoping for another Henry group buy in the future to try to save a few bucks. I'll pick one up some day, just not sure that was the best price. I'll keep telling myself that until I can resist no longer. Really nice grain on the Walnut and the checkering looked sharp. Happy trails.

lol, you’re going to be waiting a long assed time to save what won’t even amount to $100.

Please do tell where is this dealer. I think I would go and “inspect” it for you and let you know your not missing out.

Meanwhile:
Why hello shop keep I would like to purchase this beauty. Yes that will be cash.

Collectors Gallery, Stoneham. I thought it was about $200 over fair market value. That's a case of ammo in normal times. Not that I would ever buy one from an on line dealer, but I saw one for $939.00 on one of the sites. It was a beauty. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom