Herald shows Zero Arms owner front page on Machine guns.

Given the source, the article could have been worse, but I take issue with a few things in there:
1. The lack of citations of the statistics of "machine gun" violence/crime (or profound lack-thereof).
2. The use of the loaded phrase "full-auto-free-for-alls" twice in the same short article.
3. The lack of mention or understanding that this is already the law according the CHSB - despite no law having been passed to change the definition of "transfer" or "possession" to make this interpretation possible:

It is illegal for anyone under 18 to use a machine gun, but Patrick’s proposal would kill full-auto free-for-alls by allowing only law enforcement and licensed owners to fire them. And Patrick wants to toughen licensing standards.

But, I assure you that "the authorities" (the CHSB) have been abundantly clear that this is their current interpretation of the law.

I think I just left a couple of "Blitz1" like, after mid-night comments in the Herald comment section on the two articles.

I like Jim Wallace's quote that the Pelham Police Chief was incharge of that booth where the 8 year old was shot. Has to carry some weight, as the premise of Deval's bill is only allowing shooting machine guns for law emforcement and owners.

Um the only accident was when IT WAS IN THE CONTROL OF LAW ENFORCEMENT.

I refuse to have my rights curtailed because of the actions of a couple of non thinking idiots.

ha! wow they make it seem like the law abiding citizens are the criminals.... just because they make it hard for law abiding citizens to get machine guns do they expect joe schmoe to not buy a illegal machine gun ha! trust me when i say the process is easier no paperwork or nothing cash handshake deal... us on thee other hand have never broken a law who live thee good life are jumping through loops to get half the fire power a criminal can possess i mean i kind of agree with some of the obvious limitations but this is redundant 1 gun a month...[rolleyes] you guys sure idiocracy wasnt based on true events....[banghead]

“In Massachusetts, it should not be easy for people to get a machine gun license,” said Public Safety Secretary Mary Elizabeth Heffernan. “We’re working to tighten that process up . . . We’re requiring a little more detail about why you have a collector’s license, making it stricter for those who want to own machine guns.”

"Why" is none of her or anyone elses business!

They don't want to just "make it stricter", THEY WANT TO MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE!.........and if Mary Elizabeth Heffernan cannot/will not stand in front of a camera on live television and state that, she is an outright liar!

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile, one anti-gun control advocate said machine gun laws can be seen as a “success story.”

“I think people would be surprised to know that several thousand fully automatic weapons are in civilian hands,” said Daniel Vice of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, who said illegally trafficked semi-automatic handguns pose a greater public threat.

This is a scary quote. FA is effectively banned now. This is what he sees as a success story....

“In Massachusetts, it should not be easy for people to get a machine gun license,” said Public Safety Secretary Mary Elizabeth Heffernan. “We’re working to tighten that process up . . . We’re requiring a little more detail about why you have a collector’s license, making it stricter for those who want to own machine guns.”

"Why" is none of her or anyone elses business!

They don't want to just "make it stricter", THEY WANT TO MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE!.........and if Mary Elizabeth Heffernan cannot/will not stand in front of a camera on live television and state that, she is an outright liar!

I didn't realize it was currently so easy...where do I drop off my application?

I am shocked and surprised that there weren't very many moonbats opening their uninformed yaps in the comments. Very nice indeed.

Hmmm, funny they wouldn't post my reply in their comments section. They are a bunch of opportunistic, psychological terrorists and intellectual fruads, just standing in the wings to capitalize on any and all incidents to further their anti rights beliefs and agenda.

I didn't realize it was currently so easy...where do I drop off my application?

Exactly. Mary is doing her job, making life harder for those who follow the law. Great job Mary, just let me know which crime in the last 50 years in MA was committed with a machine gun and by a licensed machine gun owner.... Oh that's right there hasn't been one.

This is a scary quote. FA is effectively banned now. This is what he sees as a success story....

I have no doubt that if antis somehow banned all the real guns, they'd go after toys and replicas next, too, if given half the chance.

-Mike

Machine gun ownership is booming? I know one person that has a license. The way the article is written it would seem every other house has a cache of machine guns.

Just thinking about, what really surprises me is that they haven't been able to ram these changes through. You woulda thunk it here in MA...

I wish I had the time to attend all these hearings and press conferences. Every time some drone like Mary Elizabeth starts talking about how we need to tighten up state control over FA, someone should be there to raise the embarrassing question "Could tell us of any instances where a person licensed to possess an automatic weapon, other than a police officer, has used such a weapon in the commission of a homicide or other violent crime, or where such a weapon was involved in an accident resulting in serious injury or death?" [queue the crickets]

Ken

I wish I had the time to attend all these hearings and press conferences. Every time some drone like Mary Elizabeth starts talking about how we need to tighten up state control over FA, someone should be there to raise the embarrassing question "Could tell us of any instances where a person licensed to possess an automatic weapon, other than a police officer, has used such a weapon in the commission of a homicide or other violent crime, or where such a weapon was involved in an accident resulting in serious injury or death?" [queue the crickets]

Ken

That right there tells you it's not about crime. Seriously it's that blatantly obvious.

Ken

The problem is, you are not allowed to speak until she is out of the room. And frankly by that time, most everyone else is too. Unless you can get to the head of line, what you have to say/ask is less equal than what someone like her has to say. Unless a committee member asks the question, she never has to be challenged by anyone. Democracy at it's finest.

"James Wallace, exective director of the Gun Owners Action League, opposes Patrick’s bill. In Westfield, he noted the Pelham police chief was in charge of the booth where the boy was slain. That chief stepped down and is facing manslaughter charges.

Goodness knows folks in public safety have a tough job, but the only time we had a tragedy is when public safety was in charge of the shoot,” he said. “Now you want to restrict us in what we do? What sense does that make?"

Let's all give Jim Wallace an Emeril "BAM!!!"

I didn't know Jim had a tie. ;-)

When I saw it today I thought Jim looked more like a lawyer than a gun shop owner. Looking at the pic, Jim kind of has that Haley Joel Osment as an adult thing going on here. [laugh]

6dd29d_Guns_05102010.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know Jim had a tie. ;-)

That was my first thought as well.

When I saw it today I thought Jim looked more like a lawyer than a gun shop owner.

Indeed, I've known Jim for a long time. It's strange to see him in a white shirt/tie.
[rofl]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom