• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

here i go again...

greencobra

NES Member
i'm still intrigued with the .357 sig. i bought a glock 27 cheap with plans to buy a .357 conversion barrel for it. that day has come but...my conversion barrel doesn't just drop in. the hood is over size. it's not a lone wolf drop in. there seems to be a bit more meat on the front of the hood per my measurements, which from net surfing the subject, seems to be the norm. i should be able to lightly file the hood until it locks into battery when the slide is fully forward. yes? no? i'm going to try and do some shade tree gunsmithing and break out the swiss files. the barrel is a kkm and i got it really cheap. probably cause it didn't drop in for the original owner. what do you think? oh, i absolutely suck with hand tools...or any tool really. above my pay grade on this?

Take a caliper and measure the external dimensions of your factory barrel and compare it to the KKM. KKM barrels usually do drop in unless you order it as one that needs to be fitted. Find what dimension is oversized and adjust as needed.

Take a caliper and measure the external dimensions of your factory barrel and compare it to the KKM. KKM barrels usually do drop in unless you order it as one that needs to be fitted. Find what dimension is oversized and adjust as needed.

there seems to be a bit more meat on the front of the hood per my measurements,

i'm still intrigued with the .357 sig. what do you think? oh, i absolutely suck with hand tools...or any tool really. above my pay grade on this?
I think you’re wasting a lot of time, brain cells, $ and effort for a problem that doesn’t exist.

Why go thru all of this effort for a caliber that nobody uses and only briefly hung on the vine for people to look at.

Swiss file untill it fits. Not a big deal you may also have to file the sides of the hood too. This is not a difficult job. This is an easy fit job and then you can tell all your friends you fitted the barrel.

the only 357 sig gun I ever liked belongs to a client of mine. Has a real-deal SBRd MP5 in 40 that he had a 9mm barrel slapped onto, and also has a real full auto trigger pack.

My wife drew a smiley face offhand at 11 yards with it. If muzzle flash were a language that gun would say 'hey there big boy, is that a mag in your pocket or are you just happy to finger me?'

.357 sig is based off of .40 so its automatically ghey

Has anyone ever necked 10mm down to 9mm? Lets see, yup. 9x25 Dillon. Lets see, 90 GRAINS AT 2100 FPS 880 FT/LBS WTAF?

Don't be stupid like me and google shit like this, now I want a G20 in 9x25

Last edited:
Hold, those barrels should drop in.
Contact the barrel manufacturer and see what they say.

Try that before going all dremel ghetto on it and ruining your chances of getting a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom