Here it goes again...I bought a semi full setup, need other parts.

I hate to keep asking the same question in different ways but here we go. This is what I bought.

This is what I think I will need. My intention is to get this kit tomorrow, order the rest of the pieces and have everything I need so I can get to re-loading. I looked through my old posts and I used what a lot of you guys have told me so I you don’t have to repeat yourself.

This is what I planned on buying:

* Tumbler
* Tumbler media
* Tumbler media separator
* Shell holder for 9mm, 45acp and 223rem
* Dies for 9mm, 45acp, 223rem (small base for 223)
* Case length gauge for 9mm, 45acp and 223rem
* Digital caliper
* Chronograph
* Extra de-capping pins
* Bullet puller

I know I should get the tools to make sure the 223rem bullet fits the chamber of the gun properly but there seems to be a few different pieces (overall length gauge, modified .223 case for the OAL gauge, and a bullet comparator to put on a caliper). I am more worried about being able to re-load the 9mm and 45acp right away, if I can’t re-load the 223rem until I learn more then I'm ok with that.

When it comes down to it I just want to buy this crap and be done with it. When you don’t have anything to even start it’s kind of nutty. I have a second single stage press I got from Dirtypacman which will be put to use.

Glad to know the press will come in handy :) I have the instructions I found for the powder dispenser if you want me to send it along.
Your list looks good to me... Make sure you have a reloading manual/recipe book and you should be good to go.

Are you ordering a Dillon press? Some caliber conversion kits are interchangeable with multiple calibers. I am at work right now, but will find the link on Brian Enos that shows all the conversions and what they work with. I think if you do a search on here you may find it also. Will save you some cash if you only have to buy the powder dies and the locating buttons.

I am actually picking up a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit. I'll have two single stage presses. I'm usally at home bitching to the fiance that I'm bored; figured a single stage press would get me away from her so she doesnt kill me.

I am actually picking up a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit. I'll have two single stage presses. I'm usally at home bitching to the fiance that I'm bored; figured a single stage press would get me away from her so she doesnt kill me.

Good call - nothing more relaxing then taking a break from the family/wife/etc and sitting down at the press for a couple hours.

I highly recommend case gauges (Dillon, Wilson or EGW)
They will let you know if your reloads will fit a SAMI spec chamber. This is very important for all reloading but I find it critical for rifle reloading.

Don't be overly concerned about the bullet comparator and stuff for the .223 until you want to load heavier bullets for longer ranges. You need something to check OAL and a case gage. Until you want to load single load rounds for longer distances, you will be seating to mag length which doesn't require the fancy stuff.
HS

Back
Top Bottom