• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Here's an idea for a women's class.

Twigg

NES Member
I've been taking my better half to the range for a while now and her marksmanship has improved slightly. MrsTwigg has had her LTC-A for about a year now and carries a S&W1911PD. I'm trying to get her skils up beyond the bare basics and she's a willing student but, ...

It appears to me, no matter how diplomatically I attempt to offer advice, my words are interpeted as criticism, so...
knowing when to step back, I ask...

How about a class offering something a bit more advanced than the basic home safety and handeling skills.

Perhaps someone can offer a class offering suggestions for carry suggestions, drawing from concealment and real world scenarios with live fire.

I know the latter part sounds a bit like IDPA, but there is no way I'd be able to drag her off to an IDPA practice session.

Weekend scheduling would be best.

While I don't offer womens only classes, it sounds like my Armed Response 1 class is just what she needs. www.armedresponsetraining.com

I have had a few women in my regular classes and none felt uncomfortable.
If enough women were interested, I would offer a womens only classes.

again, not women's only, but NEShooters has a great class:

May 17 and 18 - Defensive handgun 100
July 12 and 13 - Defensive handgun 100

I took an 8 hour Saturday only version of this class and it covered all of what you are talking about. It was all guys there though.

All of these sound very good and are exactly what she needs. Let's see iffin' enough of our local womenfolk are interested for a class to be out together.

Jim or I would be more than glad to give her a course of instruction. We are available for private as well as group classes. Somtimes a private lesson takes the fear and edge off that my be inherant in a group setting. And can tailor them around the individuals needs. Give us a call if interested. Rates are reasonable.

The Class can he held in Westford, MA or Pelham, NH

My Cell # 1-978-957-8453

Have her check out our website.

WWW.NEShooters.com

Back
Top Bottom