Hi Everybody

Hi Y'all,

I'm Pennypincher's ball and chain and I'l looking to try out some pocket carry 380s.
Anybody available to help me out?
We're members at Harvard.

Thanks A Lot!

Hello and welcome, I am sure you will get a few that can let you try them. (sorry I don't have any)
I suggest you change your thread title to - Want to Try .380's
You will get much more exposure to the right people with that title.

Hello and welcome, I am sure you will get a few that can let you try them. (sorry I don't have any)
I suggest you change your thread title to - Want to Try .380's
You will get much more exposure to the right people with that title.

To change the title of your post, click 'edit', then click 'go advanced'. This will allow you to modify the title.

No idea if this is practical for you, based on where you might live, but if you want to travel to Mansfield F&G, you are welcome to try my S&W 642 (with Greg Derr trigger job and laser) and/or my Kahr PM9. I have pocket holsters for both (Mika holsters) that you an also try.

what's the 642 like after the trigger work? the god-awful trigger was part of the reason i got rid of my 442. it just never broke in.

my two favorite so far have been the Sig p380 and Walther ppk. i like the Walther trigger a bit better, but you can have work done to either. I don't want to start a caliber war but if this is for defensive purposes, you might want to see if you would be comfortable with a 9mm. it's really not much more recoil, but has much more effective energy transfer to target and you can find guns close to the same size as a 380. Either way, better to have one then not [smile] Just food for thought.

Atilla, it is smooth on the pull, ~9# but as Greg Derr explained to me . . . "smooth counts more than pounds"!

My litmus test is my Wife. She has carpal tunnel problems (still, she had 2 surgeries a few years ago) and she couldn't dry-fire the 642 or her S&W 64 (double action pull) prior to Greg working his magic. She can now dry-fire both with no problem.

You're welcome to try it as well.

I'm going to be putting together a list of guns to get to Greg for work . . . S&W 617 and Ruger SR9 (FS, older model) for sure, maybe a few more as well.

what's the 642 like after the trigger work? the god-awful trigger was part of the reason i got rid of my 442. it just never broke in.

Mine is at about 5.5 lbs, and smooth as silk. HUGE difference. Was done by someone who is not local, and now retired.

Wolff sells spring kits as well.

10 replies, only 3 about what you asked. I would say try a P3AT for small and light and a Sig 232 for larger and heavier, but less kick. I bet you'd like the Sig.

Back
Top Bottom