• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hi Point making 10mm pistol

I bought one. $210 out the door. The gun store owner said I cannot tell anyone I bought it there. His reputation would be ruined! [laugh]
The gun should be called "Foreigner", because like the band, it is terrible, but simultaneously awesome at the same time.

Fired 20 shots, its accurate at 10 yards. Will try longer distances soon. Comes with a spare ghost ring for the rear. . Trigger is like 10-12 lbs. Grip panel material is similar to talon grip tape texture, they do a pretty good job. I may have to carve some off near the top of the backstrap, as it was digging into my palm web when firing. Has a decent recoil impulse because all of the mass of the gun is in the slide, which is of course reciprocating, but the gun does not "sting" your hand when firing. Was using blazer brass 180 FMJ flat nose, blazer says 1200fps.

BTW, the ridicule I received at the gun shop and IDPA practice last night only confirmed I made the right choice.

The only real disappointment was that is has a mag disconnect, have to see if I can disable it.
LOL, the ridicule. Haters gonna hate. Accurate at 10 yards is good to go. My brother and his wife have a couple in 9mm and they've never had a problem.

So the limits for NES skinflinting stop before Hi Points and Anderson lowers?

I bought one. $210 out the door. The gun store owner said I cannot tell anyone I bought it there. His reputation would be ruined! [laugh]
The gun should be called "Foreigner", because like the band, it is terrible, but simultaneously awesome at the same time.

Fired 20 shots, its accurate at 10 yards. Will try longer distances soon. Comes with a spare ghost ring for the rear. . Trigger is like 10-12 lbs. Grip panel material is similar to talon grip tape texture, they do a pretty good job. I may have to carve some off near the top of the backstrap, as it was digging into my palm web when firing. Has a decent recoil impulse because all of the mass of the gun is in the slide, which is of course reciprocating, but the gun does not "sting" your hand when firing. Was using blazer brass 180 FMJ flat nose, blazer says 1200fps.

BTW, the ridicule I received at the gun shop and IDPA practice last night only confirmed I made the right choice.

The only real disappointment was that is has a mag disconnect, have to see if I can disable it.

NIce, so they've started shipping. I never see any in the counters at any of my LGS, but now that I know they're out there I'll just ask to have one ordered. Like I said, it's a truck gun, I don't shoot at a range, and don't have friends - so I'm good to go on this.

At least with a poverty pony you can build a good gun off it.

A hi point is just a piece of shit top to bottom.
Actually the Anderson haters have been a bit quiet lately. And yes, you can build a good AR off of them. I have a few including the lower that has zero issues with a couple thousand rounds of .458.

I'm tempted to buy the Hi Point 10mm just to see how it runs then make fun of the haters. It's just the modern version of an old Iver Johnson Saturday Night Special. Cheaply made and clunky, but it will go bang and spit bullets in the correct general direction when you pull the trigger.

Besides looks and weight, I haven’t heard a bad thing about Hi Points (like myself). I’ll take one over a new S&W any day. They have a rep for working every time, and when they don’t the company makes it right.
I’m in no rush, but this will probably be my next gun. It seems like fun and it can eat .40 too, if I really want to bring the hate. I’ll never carry it, but I think it’s the perfect candidate to live under my truck seat.

I saw a ROck Island Armory 1911 in 10mm for like $550 about a year back. G20 can’t be too much more. I paid $500 for the compact Glock 10mm, but that was several years ago and used.
Haven't looked since the plandemic panic and damn, you are correct. Not too hard to find a G20 for ~$600.

I find full boat 10mm ammo to be pretty stout for my Delta Elite vs. how it runs in the G20. I would not hesitate to have a RIA 45 but I'm not so sure about a 10mm.

Haven't looked since the plandemic panic and damn, you are correct. Not too hard to find a G20 for ~$600.

I find full boat 10mm ammo to be pretty stout for my Delta Elite vs. how it runs in the G20. I would not hesitate to have a RIA 45 but I'm not so sure about a 10mm.
The 10mm has been good for me. Same as the 45 for reliability. Definitely a break in period for ria

I have a G29 and it’s not bad for recoil. You definitely feel it, but it’s manageable and not painful. Now if you want to feel some pain, come shoot my Shockwave. That thing was a waste of $$ 😄

I found the sellier and bellot 12 pellet 00 buck in a shockwave to be borderline scary
I’m currently looking for some low recoil shells. I have some of the mini shells and the attachment to make them cycle, but haven’t tried it out yet.

After I bought it, I took it to the range and fired a total of 2 shells through it before packing it up. I offered the spectators a try, but got no takers.

Mag disconnect is a thin strip of metal that comes out very easily once you remove the grip panels.

Go easy pulling the panels off, they have some plastic tabs that snap into place on the frame for alignment. The screws just hold them tight to the frame.

I really wanted a .45 ACP carbine. I wrote about my experience with the HiPoint, it was a perfectly good gun, though looking inside its innards is
not for the faint of heart (reminded my of if someone took the random junk from under my refrigerator and stuffed it into a receiver), and the barrel was so
thin it seemed uncomfortably like a cheap sheet metal curtain rod or something.

But it never jammed, the ergonomics were better than just ok, the trigger was good enough as far as what it was made to do. I actually liked it fine.
The sights were kind of cheezy, I'll admit, more of the sheet metal vibe again. I ended up giving it away as a karma because I could not stand the razor sharp cheapo magazines.

However I just discovered there's a conversion for it so it takes 1911 magazines. Maybe I'll get another one some day. The real issue is there
is not another .45 ACP carbine available at any price that I want. Don't like the HK, don't like the Beretta Storm in .45, the Ruger PCC doesn't come
in .45 , I don't really like the Marlin .45 camp carbine, and they are also expensive and not made anymore, and a reproduction semi-auto Thompson M1 is ridiculously heavy and also not ergonomic. So HiPoint kind of wins by just showing up.

So HiPoint kind of wins by just showing up.

Have you looked at the TNW Survival? I had troubles with mine {in 9mm) initially, but for the last year it’s been near perfect, with just two FTF in over a thousand rounds. Both were on the last round in the mag, so those might have been my fault.

Don’t tell anyone, but it’s not listed by name in 4420, so if I swap out the pistol grip for a MonsterMan it’ll slip through.

Back
Top Bottom