Hi Point Model 995TS 9mm Carbine ?

4S has them for $300 which is a very appealing price!
but is it worth it??
I see the CX storm is nearly 3 times the money so I am wondering if this is just a very low end one and not worth it.
I obviously know nothing about them.

For the money it is decent deal. From what people have told me is that the run well and are fun to shoot. I opted for a kel tec sub2000 as it takes Glock magazines. The beretta cx4 is nice, but if your looking for a run range toy, the hi point is a good deal.

Yea I was looking at this before purchasing my mp15-22. People like it because it's cheap, fires 9mm and is a good addition to a 9mm pistol due to same ammo. Not sure about accuracy.

Some people get hung up on it's looks. But if your looking for a home defense weapon I've heard it's great for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

endless threads, blogs and videos have been dedicated to the hi point 995TS.

don't compare the 995TS and the CX4 storm. the only thing they have in common is being blowback 9mm. from there it's apples and oranges. personally i think the 995TS at $300 is overpriced. on the contrary, the beretta storm is worth the $800 price tag.

if you think $300 is such a great deal for a POS like the 995TS, then checkout a marlin model 60 or 795. there's a top notch 22lr semi auto rifle for well under $200. to me that is a good value. so no I would consider the 995TS to be at least $100 overpriced.

the 995TS is heavy and the mags are crappy. the feed lips bend easily. the optics mounting options are a joke. the rail is made of gummy bear plastic. that being said the gun does function fine and can be fun at the range.

on the contrary the CX4 storm is high quality polymer with all sorts of clever design built into it. it uses 92 mags which in ban states like MA are a great option. the gun is 100% reliable on pretty much all ammo. the CX4 is also very lightweight with great sling mounting options. my only beef with the CX4 is the thumbhole-ish stock design which makes reaching the mag release difficult. otherwise the gun is near perfect.

if you're looking for a quality pistol carbine or something used for HD get the CX4 storm. if you're just looking for a beater that can fling 9mm then get the 995TS.

Last edited:
Bought the highpoint for an ugly gun competition with another vet buddy. Heard good and bad from others wanted to see what $285.00 worth of rifle would get me. Ran the 995TS for several shoots cleaning only the barrel and wiping the exterior exposed parts ran it dirty repeatedly over and over and over again good ammo crap ammo lead whatever we could beg borrow and steal (not really mostly sponsored by other range enthusiasts intrigued by our stupidity). We stopped around the 3k mark no failures to feed cycle or fire. It gave the feeling like it could go another 3k to be honest. The good : super reliable and accurate stock out of the box no tacticool doodads. Cheap money. Is a range cockroach will not die, will be carried by several other people for many years after its pried out of your cold dead hands. Can expand to add tacticool doodads but why put $1000 rims on a kia. Decent ergonomics, comfortable to shoot. The bad: ugly as sh#t, mags are proprietary and there are hicaps but good luck finding them. Finally its a good thing that you can fire 1000's of rounds at a sitting because the breakdown for cleaning blows goat sphincter.

It is an honest rifle, wont let you down. Good for people on a budget that want reliability. The storm is cool but expensive. I have the Sub 2k and the highpoint. If you can afford the extra coin go for the sub 2K for $25 you can get it to take Sig 226 Beretta 92 Glock S&W. For around $535-575. Buy the platform that matches your sidearm and load up on preban high caps shared mags makes for happy survival.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

If you get the Hi Point it will run reliably and be fun but you'll always wish you'd gotten the Beretta.

I've had 3 CX4's and my only regret was selling the first two.

I like mine - always fun at the range

You can bling it up a bit as well with some cheap after market parts

IMG_3862_zpswxpwrcgy.jpg

The classic response for all hipoints...
"Not the prettiest girl at the dance... But she will put out at the drop of a hat"

Ran thousands of rounds through my 9mm and .40 rifles and never had any issues. The 9mm pistol doesn't 'love' cheap ammo but it works as well as most other guns.
Accuracy is better then me for all of them, only complaint is the factory iron rear sight takes a lot of room and needs to be pulled if you want a red dot or a low power scope...

endless threads, blogs and videos have been dedicated to the hi point 995TS.

don't compare the 995TS and the CX4 storm. the only thing they have in common is being blowback 9mm. from there it's apples and oranges. personally i think the 995TS at $300 is overpriced. on the contrary, the beretta storm is worth the $800 price tag.

if you think $300 is such a great deal for a POS like the 995TS, then checkout a marlin model 60 or 795. there's a top notch 22lr semi auto rifle for well under $200. to me that is a good value. so no I would consider the 995TS to be at least $100 overpriced.

the 995TS is heavy and the mags are crappy. the feed lips bend easily. the optics mounting options are a joke. the rail is made of gummy bear plastic. that being said the gun does function fine and can be fun at the range.

on the contrary the CX4 storm is high quality polymer with all sorts of clever design built into it. it uses 92 mags which in ban states like MA are a great option. the gun is 100% reliable on pretty much all ammo. the CX4 is also very lightweight with great sling mounting options. my only beef with the CX4 is the thumbhole-ish stock design which makes reaching the mag release difficult. otherwise the gun is near perfect.

if you're looking for a quality pistol carbine or something used for HD get the CX4 storm. if you're just looking for a beater that can fling 9mm then get the 995TS.

I don't find it heavy at all. I changed it to my primary HD rifle instead of an AR. I do agree the mags are kinda shitty.

Don't forget beat the heck out of it, send it back and get a new one

I have the 45 cal version and for its price i can't complain . I didn't like the factory mags so i changed the mag retainer to one that accepts 45 acp mags. Solid little gun with pretty good accuracy.

Finally got a chance to shoot one today at Mass Firearms School. The guy in the lane beside me had one and offered to let me shoot it, when I told him it was on my wife's wish list. I might get have to pick one up as well.

Finally got a chance to shoot one today at Mass Firearms School. The guy in the lane beside me had one and offered to let me shoot it, when I told him it was on my wife's wish list. I might get have to pick one up as well.
So what did you think?

So what did you think?

lol, sorry, I thought it was obvious from my comment about wanting to pick one up in addition to the one my wife wants.

I liked it and was surprised at how soft it shot. I thought I remembered hearing people complain about the buttstock being uncomfortable, but I must have been thinking about another pistol caliber rifle.

lol, sorry, I thought it was obvious from my comment about wanting to pick one up in addition to the one my wife wants.

I liked it and was surprised at how soft it shot. I thought I remembered hearing people complain about the buttstock being uncomfortable, but I must have been thinking about another pistol caliber rifle.

Haha no that was obvious lol
iwas just curious in details that's all.

A bit over a month later and roughy 600+ rounds through I must say this thing is so much fun.
90% of the time I blast clays at 25 yards and try a bit of rapid fire stuff.
I put different types of 9mm through it. CCI, Winchester steel, perfecta, etc with no issues.
Not a single problem. Accessories for it are dirt cheap too. I think I got the front handle, 2 speeloaders, 2 magazines and magazine holder for less than a Benjamin shipped

Back
Top Bottom