High end pistols with Double action

I really like Nighthawk pistols, particularly the Nighthawk Doninator, but it seems like all their pistols are single action. I also checked Les Baer SRP hard chrome and it's single action as well.

I'm looking for a high end pistol that is two toned and DA/SA capable. I thank you in advance.

Hmm high end .. Id buy a HK45c what a great looking gun.

Or P30

Oh. Just thought of one... Buy a magnum research desert eagle .

Walther P99, or a CZ.

Or by High end do you mean some flashy looking gun? like gold plated and carved?

Last edited:
You want HIGH end ???

Try a Sphinx, they're handmade in Switzerland from pure unobtanium. [rolleyes]

There's one on GB for the bargain price of only $3000

SPhinxAT2000H181.jpg

You want HIGH end ???

Try a Sphinx, they're handmade in Switzerland from pure unobtanium. [rolleyes]

There's one on GB for the bargain price of only $3000

SPhinxAT2000H181.jpg

does it have an auto cleaning function?

Thanks so much guys, I now have quite a list to research into. And by high-end, I don't mean flashy guns with 24k gold. I mean reliable, accurate by custom work with good customer service. I love the look and quality of the Nighthawk pistols. I just wish they make one single gun that is SA/DA.

Thanks so much guys, I now have quite a list to research into. And by high-end, I don't mean flashy guns with 24k gold. I mean reliable, accurate by custom work with good customer service. I love the look and quality of the Nighthawk pistols. I just wish they make one single gun that is SA/DA.

1911 aren't DA/SA guns. But as others have recommended, CZ Custom does great work, customer services is excellent

The P99 fits the description, except for the custom part. I would go CZ for custom.
What state are you in?

Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum, 3 1/2" barrel.

Ne plus ultra.

those .357 magnums are beautiful. My girlfriends step father has his revolver from he use to be a cop, back when cops had a mustache and carried .357 magnum revolvers...Yes, he also had a mustache.

MA here, I updated my profile to reflect that. Thanks

CZ are not on the approved list here in MA.

Does that apply to custom guns also?

Last edited:
Oh man, you've just killed my narrowed choice of pistol right there. I may swing back to my original pick of Nighthawk Dominator. Is it MA compliant?

well, hold on. I might be wrong.

There is a lsit of approved firearms.

Oh man, you've just killed my narrowed choice of pistol right there. I may swing back to my original pick of Nighthawk Dominator. Is it MA compliant?

If you want a new high end 1911, you need to learn how to game the dealer compliance issues. Another option is to give a frame to a local gunsmith and have him build it exactly to your specs.

bostonfx said:

No.

Have you fired single action and DA/SA guns? I suggest that you do that first, as it seems as though you are basing your choice of gun based on appearance, rather than functionality.

Regarding DA/SA, there is a reason that the most popular guns these days are striker-fired.

Glocks may not be "high-end", in fact, in free parts of the country they are downright affordable. But gen 3 and earlier Glocks are accurate and reliable. Glock also has good customer service that you'll probably never need.

Last edited:
Unless totally wedded to the semi-auto concept, you might want to opt for a Colt Python. Not in production, but available, and if appearance is a criterion, then they are hard to beat IMO and these revolvers were hand crafted and finished to a degree one does not typically find in guns made today. That's one reason they were discontinued, they were simply too expensive to make profitably for Colt.

Unless totally wedded to the semi-auto concept, you might want to opt for a Colt Python. Not in production, but available, and if appearance is a criterion, then they are hard to beat IMO and these revolvers were hand crafted and finished to a degree one does not typically find in guns made today. That's one reason they were discontinued, they were simply too expensive to make profitably for Colt.

That's why I added the SW M27. It's right up there with the Python.

Thanks folks, I'm not a fan of revolvers. I think I'll start scratching "DA" out of the requirements, so SAO is okay. I do like that H&K P30L listed above, but please feel free to keep your suggestions coming.

Many thanks.

I have exactly what you are looking for... I'm waiting on a LTC (just moved to MA), and have a brand spanking new Custom Shop CZ SP01 Shadow Target... Keep an eye on the classifieds... [wink]

Back
Top Bottom